PDA

View Full Version : I need a Sig Mostquito barrel

xr650r
01-29-2009, 2:07 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase a sig mosquito, but the owner wants to keep the barrel (something custom?).
Anyway, where can I get a Sig Mosquito barrel? I emailed Sig, but no response (two weeks ago)

Any online vendors or retailers? Part #? I've done searching, but come up with nothing.

Help.

sorensen440
01-29-2009, 2:09 PM
I did a quick search and the only ones I could find were threaded

Even if you do find one it will probably be in the 200 dollar range so unless your getting the mosquito for dirt cheap (under a hundred bucks) its not worth it.

99medic
01-29-2009, 2:10 PM
I have a threaded one if you are interested. You just need to cover it with a barrel protector and loctite.

xr650r
01-29-2009, 2:23 PM
I have a threaded one if you are interested. You just need to cover it with a barrel protector and loctite.

It's funny you should mention that, as someone I know was going to give me one. I wasn't sure the legality.

Is it legal if you just put locktite on it or does it have to be pinned, as well?

99medic
01-29-2009, 5:04 PM
It's funny you should mention that, as someone I know was going to give me one. I wasn't sure the legality.

Is it legal if you just put locktite on it or does it have to be pinned, as well?

As long as it is permanently on there, (red loctite). It should be OK, fellow Calgunners please correct me if I am wrong.

sorensen440
01-29-2009, 5:05 PM
As long as it is permanently on there, (red loctite). It should be OK, fellow Calgunners please correct me if I am wrong.
Honestly I have never looked into it but it doesn't sound permanent to me

That might be a good question for Bill or Gene

DedEye
01-29-2009, 11:09 PM

From what I understand red loctite is pretty damn permanent (at least compared to the blue).

The way I'd seen threaded barrels legalized is to grind them off.

99medic
01-30-2009, 9:24 AM

It should make it permanent. Ever try to get a barrel nut off with red loctite? Pretty damn near impossible and elaborate. Plus it gives you a way to reverse it in case the laws change or you move out of state

sorensen440
01-30-2009, 9:25 AM
It should make it permanent. Ever try to get a barrel nut off with red loctite? Pretty damn near impossible and elaborate. Plus it gives you a way to reverse it in case the laws change or you move out of state
So what one is it ? :p

cseabass
01-30-2009, 9:39 AM
i wouldnt red locktite it.... and as for red locktite being permanent i would argue that all day long.

silver solder it... if you insist on locktite they have a "permanent" compound, though i have been able to get it off also.

red with a bit of heat is super easy... i would argue that the heat generated from firing the weapon would cause the red to brakedown over time.

xr650r
01-30-2009, 3:10 PM
Ok, case closed. I'm not going to buy it. I'm getting a weird feeling from the guy.

I was going to meet him at a local FFL for the transfer and now he's wiggling out. Too weird for me.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm now looking for a 22 revolver if anyone has one for a good deal. I hear they're more reliable for plinking and no picking up brass. The smith and wesson 617 is my dream, but the price is beyond my reach.

RedDawn
02-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Ruger MKII, is a great little semi-auto handgun. It shoots most any 22lr ammo.