PDA

View Full Version : NRA VICTORY IN SAN FRANCISCO LAWSUIT!

Matt C
01-29-2009, 10:30 AM
SAN FRANCISCO DROPS BAN ON FIREARMS IN PUBLIC HOUSING!

The decision to repeal SFHA’s lease provisions banning firearms came despite initial claims by Mayor Newsom that the lawsuit would be “absolutely-defended,” and comes after initial shrill claims by the San Francisco City Attorney that the lawsuit was “frivolous” and that the City would seek sanctions. No sanctions were ever sought, nor could they ever have been.

Check out the full story along with stipulations and other documents related to the case at calgunlaws.com (http://www.calgunlaws.com).

PatriotnMore
01-29-2009, 10:32 AM
:79::clap:

JeffM
01-29-2009, 10:34 AM
:dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=144979

Matt C
01-29-2009, 10:37 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=144979

It's not really a dupe, the case was just dismissed today the docs and article/case summary by the Right People were just posted today (although it was obvious they were giving up as of a few weeks ago, which is what SF Gate reported on.).

kermit
01-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Does the fact that it was a settlement mean that it does not set a legal precedent or lead to incorporation of Heller? Was that the reason the city settled rather than fight it?

I am not a lawyer and do not play one on CGN.

Matt C
01-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Does the fact that it was a settlement mean that it does not set a legal precedent or lead to incorporation of Heller? Was that the reason the city settled rather than fight it?

Yup. They mooted the case. They probably also wanted to avoid a costly losing and embarrassing legal battle. We don't really care anyway since we already have Nordyke and Chicago.

DDT
01-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Check out the full story along with stipulations and other documents related to the case at calgunlaws.com (http://www.calgunlaws.com).

Any chance you could post links to the stipulations and other supporting documentation? I was unable to get that information without giving up personal info.

kermit
01-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Yup. The mooted the case. They probably also wanted to avoid a costly losing and embarrassing legal battle. We don't really care anyway since we already have Nordyke and Chicago.

Thanks for the explanation, BWO. I was afraid that's what the legal documents were saying.:( Although a win is a win!

Matt C
01-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Any chance you could post links to the stipulations and other supporting documentation? I was unable to get that information without giving up personal info.

Not any more than you do for this site.... Anyways, you don't really, just create an anonymous account with gmail and make up a name. The site is free... (BTW, I am the webmaster, I promise not to sell your email to spammers.),

Shane916
01-29-2009, 12:59 PM
That's impossible.

All I read about on here is how the NRA is useless and is only good for sending junk mail and collecting money????

Are you trying to say they actually fight for us Californians?!?!

SwissFluCase
01-29-2009, 1:16 PM
I'm kind of disappointed that it ended in a settlement. It also would have been a perfect case for incorporation, imho.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

Matt C
01-29-2009, 2:14 PM
I'm kind of disappointed that it ended in a settlement. It also would have been a perfect case for incorporation, imho.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

We already have one, and it won't take 10 years to be heard ;).

SwissFluCase
01-29-2009, 2:18 PM
We already have one, and it won't take 10 years to be heard ;).

I know. I'm the kind of person that likes to keep many hooks in the water. ;)

Regards,

SwissFluCase

Matt C
01-29-2009, 2:23 PM

Regards,

SwissFluCase

In this case it probably doesn't matter. If the 9th won't incorporate we will appeal, and they can't reverse on an opinion they already made in reference to the 14 amendment (applying to the 2nd) barring some other change in the law (which won't happen). Better to reserve our funds for something else.

hoffmang
01-29-2009, 3:57 PM

Well, there are 4 hooks in the appelate court waters at this exact moment...

-Gene

Kid Stanislaus
01-29-2009, 6:27 PM
That's impossible. All I read about on here is how the NRA is useless and is only good for sending junk mail and collecting money???? Are you trying to say they actually fight for us Californians?!?!

Don't expect any of those people to stand up and admit they were wrong.