PDA

View Full Version : DPMS AR -15 bolt catch no worky

4 Brigada
01-29-2009, 9:01 AM
Got a parts kit, its a DPMS kit had some things wrong with it like the pins werent even close, but the worst thing is that the bolt catch doesnt. The problem seems to be that it doesnt align with the slot on the magazine its about a 1/4 inch to the left, looks like it could be for a AR 10 (.308 Magazine).

jchen76@gmail.com
01-29-2009, 9:33 AM
Do you have a pic? That would help.

4 Brigada
01-29-2009, 9:51 AM
Just checking if someone else has had this problem. Hate to be the first of many,if there was a manufacturing error. Got a new one on the way.

Lateralus
01-29-2009, 2:30 PM
Ill go through the usual:

Try different mags. Same story?

Make sure the detent and spring is in. I s*** you not, Ive seen it happen.

Post a picture if possible.

4 Brigada
01-29-2009, 2:37 PM
Thanks Laterlus, tried that , I checked it with a Colt AR the part is FUBARed. So much for QC ,theirs and mine :censored: Will post pic shortly.

4 Brigada
01-29-2009, 5:52 PM
Here is the picture, thank you DPMS, and I would also like to extend my thanks and appreciation to those that in these times were there is such uncertainty and moneys are tight, they ***k the people that are real enthusiast and true to this hobby/ sport by creating a situation of of uber demand so they can jack the prices.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t155/4brigada/Fubared.jpg

JerryM
01-29-2009, 7:26 PM
Hey Brigada,

I just opened up my DPMS and compared parts.

It does seem like a broken and/or defective part and the part looks a bit too big and offset to the 5.56 part.

Send an email to DPMS with that photo.

They should send you a replacement.

As far as DPMS is concerned, I have never had any problems with their customer service so I am positive they will help you out. And I second your thanks to the price gougers who are rising their prices and slapping the enthusiast. I have seen lower part kits for $135.00, upper assemblies manufactured in the 80's going for $1,200 etc.

Good luck,

Jerry.

P.S.: I have no experience with their 308 line, so I am not sure if the kit you got was a 308 kit.
4 Brigada? As in Cuarta Brigada? De que pais?

Turbinator
01-29-2009, 8:38 PM
Looks broken. DPMS should send you a free replacement, IMHO.

Turby

supersonic
01-30-2009, 12:18 AM
Got a parts kit, its a DPMS kit had some things wrong with it like the pins werent even close, but the worst thing is that the bolt catch doesnt. The problem seems to bee that it doesnt align with the slot on the magazineits a bout a 1/4 inch to the left, looks like it could be for a AR 10 (.308 Magazine).

Me NO USEY DPMS parts anymore because of SOOOOO many out-of-spec pins and basically what you described. Their QC seems to be sorely lacking (?). Or their kits are only work in their lowers (?)(:p). I went Armalite for LPK's (RRA when the aforementioned aren't available) - and never looked back.:thumbsup:

bohoki
01-30-2009, 12:25 AM
just curious has anybody ever bought one parts kit and have every part in the package

i swear it take ordering 3 to get 2 good kits if you are lucky

JerryM
01-30-2009, 12:45 AM
Bohoki,

For some weird reason, I got a LPK the other day and gosh darn it... it had everything.

And I am the type of dork who drops and looses crap constantly, so indeed, I was lucky.

I've ordered two more and I will let you know how that goes LOL.

Jerry.

gcvt
01-30-2009, 1:37 AM
Same here. I've had excellent luck with RRA and their LPKs...everything's perfect every time. Imagine that.

01-30-2009, 1:43 AM
just curious has anybody ever bought one parts kit and have every part in the package

I must be lucky. Every lower parts kit I have purchased has had all of the parts, some kits even came with extra!:thumbsup:

jchen76@gmail.com
01-30-2009, 10:52 AM
DPMS should send you the defective part. If you don't to wait (I'm sure they are swamped), rifle gear has one in stock

http://www.riflegear.com/p-300-bolt-catch.aspx

Stand up place to buy stuff from, quick shipment. I've had no issues with DPMS LPK's. Built one lower for myself and one for my friend with DPMS LPK, but these were pre-election LPK's.

bohoki
01-30-2009, 11:19 AM
I must be lucky. Every lower parts kit I have purchased has had all of the parts, some kits even came with extra!:thumbsup:

ahh that must be where my missing parts go as surplus parts in another bag

all i can say is i havent had the best of luck with both dpms and brownells

jaymz
01-30-2009, 11:38 AM

My Stag LPK's have always been complete. Actually got an extra spring once.

Santa Cruz Armory
01-30-2009, 11:42 AM
I've used a bout 6 DPMS and have had no issues. As said above, I would send them that pic and ask for another parts kit... replacing the bolt catch is not that fun. I'd hate to scratch or gouge the lower.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.