View Full Version : Ruger1022 "SR" creation

01-29-2009, 7:56 AM
The possibilities never end for Ruger1022 Frankensteins. This was a 1022T
I put A3 service rifle sights on front and rear, and the sight radius is 20” very close to standard AR so I hope to use it for some low cost rim fire practice of across the course SR at 100 yards. The rear picatinny rail was from MountsPlus but I had to drill an extra hole to mount using the rear two holes. The front is a Brownell’s barrel band with a picatinny rail piece salvaged and drilled to use as the front sight block. Can’t wait till Saturday to try it out.

Flying Bones
01-29-2009, 7:39 PM
Hmm. That's very interesting. I like what you're on to here. I built a Spikes just for the purpose of training. I have only used it one session, about 1000 rds., and noticed an IMMEDIATE difference in the sight picture my eyes were developing. Sight picture? Is that the right term? I don't know but I am pumped about having the Spikes to train with...oh yea, and with ear protection on it's almost like you're shooting the same rifle when you switch to .223.
Keep me updated on how this works for you. I would love to try this on my 1022. Thanks for the post.

01-29-2009, 8:13 PM
Looks good! Thought it appropriate to post up here in a 10/22 thread since that the only gun I own.

Ill be subscribing to this thread to see how it works for you. I seen an AR in my future.

01-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Now just add the JP kit to that and you're golden. Just like an AR but different!