PDA

View Full Version : New Gun Bans High On Obama, Democrat Party Priorities

01-28-2009, 9:08 PM
"Beginning this week, the firearms industry will find itself squarely in the gunsight of a new administration dedicated to the regulation of virtually everything related to guns, from so-called assault weapons to the elements used in ammunition. Regulation, incidentally, will be defined as “the regulation of everything, and the potential removal of anything we say you don’t need.”

The leaders of that assault, unfortunately, won’t give a tinker’s damn about the Second Amendment. Their long-term plans will address that piece of “outdated thinking.” But a new political expediency will move firearms — more specifically their nebulous assault weapons — front and center.

Democratic insiders are telling us the firearms industry will be used as an object lesson to both sides of the aisle."

The rest is here (http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-gun-bans-high-on-obama-democrat.html)

Shotgun Man
01-28-2009, 9:40 PM
The rest is here (http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-gun-bans-high-on-obama-democrat.html)

If you want people to click on your link, you should quote the source. It's kind of rude to post an unattributed blurb and then ask us to click on a random url.

tombinghamthegreat
01-28-2009, 9:50 PM
This is kinda old news and been posted here before.....

Doheny
01-28-2009, 9:55 PM
It seems that those who have been banned from the Off-Topic forum are now using this one to push their agenda.

bwiese
01-28-2009, 10:34 PM
It seems that those who have been banned from the Off-Topic forum are now using this one to push their agenda.

Yeah 454 puts out a lot of tripe but at least this was relevant to the subject.

I can see some truth to this, but I think the major thing will be attacks on FFL thru ATF regulatory excess.

I don't think any gun bills are gonna get thru.

Kestryll
01-28-2009, 10:40 PM

What makes you think .454 has been banned from OT?

That's news to me.

What is they say about assumptions?

SwissFluCase
01-28-2009, 11:00 PM
I can see some truth to this, but I think the major thing will be attacks on FFL thru ATF regulatory excess.

I don't think any gun bills are gonna get thru.

Obama can certainly do *that* without Congress.

I just don't see how Congress won't remember the Great Purge of 1994. Obama certainly seems smart so far. Hopefully his brains will keep him out of trouble with us.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

yellowfin
01-29-2009, 7:44 AM
I just don't see how Congress won't remember the Great Purge of 1994. Because it didn't hurt bad enough. They're feeling invincible less than a decade and a half later, and their core anti 2A people didn't lose their jobs then or any time in between. In fact, none of the worst did. The R party was horribly diluted in 2002 and kept "reaching across the aisle" meaning capitulate and turncoat. This past election we had the worst anti gun candidate in history totally skate by with no mention of it when he should have been crucified for it.

Why would they worry?

pfl101
01-29-2009, 7:56 AM
I'd like to use the proverbial crystal ball to determine how long until a country-wide ban on high-cap mags will take place, if at all.

01-29-2009, 8:23 AM
If you want people to click on your link, you should quote the source. It's kind of rude to post an unattributed blurb and then ask us to click on a random url.

Unattributed?

Firearms industry may top Obama’s list
Jim Shepherd (http://www.wilsoncountynews.com/article.php?id=22107&n=outdoors-firearms-industry-may-top-obamas-list)
January 27, 2009

(Shotgun Man: in the quote above there are two links, if you click on them, something magic will happen)

01-29-2009, 8:29 AM

What Kestryll said.
Now Doheny, please do tell: do you have anything of remote or at least coincidental relevance to add to this thread?

6172crew
01-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Lets stay on topic and let what Kest said be enough.

lioneaglegriffin
01-29-2009, 6:03 PM
ah the Doheny/.454 squabble always fun :p

Gator Monroe
01-29-2009, 6:05 PM
I'd like to use the proverbial crystal ball to determine how long until a country-wide ban on high-cap mags will take place, if at all.

3-5 years (Even Wyoming & Idaho) :thumbsup:

lioneaglegriffin
01-31-2009, 12:12 AM
3-5 years (Even Wyoming & Idaho) :thumbsup:

Even UTAH! :eek: