PDA

View Full Version : out of work, CA smog tech/fabricator/ tig welder

argonadict
01-28-2009, 5:35 PM
howdy if anyone has any leads etc. please let me know thanks for your time in advance,will work for trade. looking in northern california,ideal would be solano county/sacramento,will travel to the bay north south etc for the right job.

looking for p/t work, piece work etc. have access to fab shop so can handle most small projects,excelent detailed steel tig welding skills,acceptable with aluminum. good with press brake work etc. mostly auto related.

smog tech: test only experience mainly,intern for the state referee for a year very familiar with aftermarket/SPCN etc.,very little diag work (unfortunatly).clean record.

hopfully moving to a full time high performance fab shop job by may but its shakey at best,currently finnishing my AA in welding tech,sequioa inst. grad.,CA ASE,CA smog license.

cheers

mvpatriot
01-28-2009, 5:38 PM
Welcome Argonadict. Location?

argonadict
01-28-2009, 5:43 PM
Welcome Argonadict. Location?

profile updated,forgot to fill out location

cheers

rue
01-30-2009, 1:51 PM
Sorry to here that man. I have similar skills minus the welding but the auto industry is in the toilet right now.

argonadict
02-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Sorry to here that man. I have similar skills minus the welding but the auto industry is in the toilet right now.

that one guy who just took over the country is claiming more jobs in our field or somthing other than it its bleak,hope your working

cheers

rue
02-02-2009, 2:34 AM
that one guy who just took over the country is claiming more jobs in our field or somthing other than it its bleak,hope your working

cheers

Yeah I'm working but only part time and for less than I did at the dealer I worked at before. Luckly though it's a government job so I don't have to worry as much. If I were you I'd apply at the state government or city where you live and try to get in.