PDA

View Full Version : Can a completed lower be shipped?

xmenrsix
01-28-2009, 10:52 AM
hey all...
just wondering if a completed lower be shipped to my ffl dealer without a mag locking device attached?
also, uppers can be shipped directly to your home correct? or am i mistaken...
thanks

djleisure
01-28-2009, 11:01 AM
also, uppers can be shipped directly to your hoe correct?

NEVER give your "hoe" an upper, she will only make trouble for you. :D

nobs11
01-28-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure if you can ship uppers to prostitutes, but usually most dealers will refuse a completed lower (with a pistol grip, not a MMG) without a mag lock, although technically, the lower is not a semiauto centerfire rifle. This is done for liability reasons more than anything else. The dealer has no way of ensuring that you won't stick an upper on the lower in the parking lot, get busted for an illegal AW and DOJ won't come after him. With a mag lock, the dealer can claim that it had a mag lock when he sold it to you.

xmenrsix
01-28-2009, 11:07 AM

lol... just caught that....

xmenrsix
01-28-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure if you can ship uppers to prostitutes, but usually most dealers will refuse a completed lower (with a pistol grip, not a MMG) without a mag lock, although technically, the lower is not a semiauto centerfire rifle. This is done for liability reasons more than anything else. The dealer has no way of ensuring that you won't stick an upper on the lower in the parking lot, get busted for an illegal AW and DOJ won't come after him. With a mag lock, the dealer can claim that it had a mag lock when he sold it to you.

cool... thanks

nobs11
01-28-2009, 11:10 AM
cool... thanks

And yes, an upper can be shipped to you directly.

ldivinag
01-28-2009, 11:13 AM
answering original post...

just tell them to remove pistol grip.

Deadred7o7
01-28-2009, 11:17 AM
answering original post...

just tell them to remove pistol grip.

No need if upper is not attached right?

xmenrsix
01-28-2009, 11:30 AM
just talked to the ffl dealer i want to send it to and he said yes it needs a mag lock installed...

ohsmily
01-28-2009, 12:06 PM
just talked to the ffl dealer i want to send it to and he said yes it needs a mag lock installed...

Ok, so that is her personal policy. It is NOT a legal requirement. Don't get your legal info from gun dealers.

ohsmily
01-28-2009, 12:07 PM
No need if upper is not attached right?

Legally, no. Some FFLs may be uncomfortable with it though.

bill104
01-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Installed or just shipped with it, I would think it hard to install something not in your fingers, try asking your ffl if you order the lower and a BB if that will work or order them and have your ffl install it before you pick it up, I think that would be legal.

ohsmily
01-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Installed or just shipped with it, I would think it hard to install something not in your fingers, try asking your ffl if you order the lower and a BB if that will work or order them and have your ffl install it before you pick it up, I think that would be legal.

Of course it is legal. It would be legal to do it without a bullet button too.

xmenrsix
01-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Ok, so that is her personal policy. It is NOT a legal requirement. Don't get your legal info from gun dealers.

i'll make a note of that... thanks...

xmenrsix
01-28-2009, 12:41 PM
so how about the upper? can that be sent to your house? or do u need a ffl dealer?

Norcalkid
01-28-2009, 2:50 PM
so how about the upper? can that be sent to your house? or do u need a ffl dealer?

Upper can be sent directly to your house.

Spyduh
01-28-2009, 3:02 PM

:iamwithstupid:

xmenrsix
01-28-2009, 5:42 PM
Upper can be sent directly to your house.

awesome thanks :thumbsup: