PDA

View Full Version : Banning Posession

Geodetic
01-28-2009, 9:38 AM
Has there actually been a bill introduced that would ban the posession of so called "assault weapons" or just the sale as in the 1994 AWB? Maybe I'm not good at paying attention to detail but I can't discern this from reading the current AWB proposals.

Jpach
01-28-2009, 9:44 AM
That kind of thing wont happen soon, at last concerning posession

rayra
01-28-2009, 9:47 AM
HR45 is a permanent ban on sales going forward, implementation of a national registry, permitting, FOID card, enhanced govt intrusion into how can and can't own firearms on a more subjective standard AND it criminalizes failure to register all existing weapons of that demonized type. .

bwiese
01-28-2009, 9:47 AM
Has there actually been a bill introduced that would ban the posession of so called "assault weapons" or just the sale as in the 1994 AWB? Maybe I'm not good at paying attention to detail but I can't discern this from reading the current AWB proposals.

Are you talking about a proposed Federal law?

Anything is possible to be in a bill. Bills get amended/changed zillions of times, go thru various committees, etc. before coming up to a vote.

If there were any immediate specific concern on details of a given bill, the NRA would alert at the appropriate time for most effective membership response.

Full Clip
01-28-2009, 9:50 AM
But BO did promise not to take our "guns," so we have that on our side... :cool:

Gator Monroe
01-28-2009, 9:53 AM
But BO did promise not to take our "guns," so we have that on our side... :cool:

End of summer (The Anti- hype will shock anyone who voted Obama on this Forum/board)

AaronHorrocks
01-28-2009, 9:56 AM
They won’t be shocked… They’ll just continue to be in denial.

Librarian
01-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Has there actually been a bill introduced that would ban the posession of so called "assault weapons" or just the sale as in the 1994 AWB?

There's always risk, but the short answer is "No, not recently".

There might have been some 'no possession' bills introduced in the past, but I don't recall any, and none seem to have passed.

Even NFA 34 was introduced as a tax measure, since the AG at the time correctly realized a ban was unconstitutional (http://law.jrank.org/pages/8725/National-Firearms-Act-1934.html).

Mikeb
01-28-2009, 1:17 PM

No BHO promised not to take away expensive hunting rifles from rich rural folk. Seems like all the rest he said is that he would work to get semi-auto weapons out of urban envioroments.
to all those that voted for HIM ...be careful what you wish for.

Mike

01-28-2009, 1:56 PM

:smilielol5:

Salty
01-28-2009, 2:06 PM

He has said many times that he "supports Americas sportsmen" which if you read between the lines means "I support double barrel shotguns and bolt action rifles".

KWA-S
01-28-2009, 4:52 PM
He has said many times that he "supports Americas sportsmen" which if you read between the lines means "I support double barrel shotguns and bolt action rifles".

Bolt action rifles? Those were used as military grade weapons. We can't have those deadly assault sniper killing machines on our streets! Think of the children!
http://media.pegasusnews.com/img/categories/HelenLovejoy_t630.jpg