PDA

View Full Version : B16 BB?

devildog999
01-27-2009, 8:46 PM
What do you guys think about the B16 BB? Which is better, the Raddlock or the B16? Legal standpoint; good? Seems to be too easy to take off or do this or that; don't wanna worry about LEOs not agreeing with it. I love the fact that it makes it possible to remove it for future use if needed, but I don't want someone to say that makes it too easy and gt in trouble.

Also, does it come with a regular mag release or do I have to buy one? My rifle came with a BB installed.

Vinz
01-27-2009, 8:51 PM
I like the B-XX series cause they are and look like what one would expect a mag lock to look like. It gets no second glances or legality questions.
I know it sounds dumb but I have seen it happen all the time.

Tell you what....Try one...and if you don't like it, I will buy it from you. I need another one. LOL
Vinz

ohsmily
01-27-2009, 8:55 PM
I like the B16. Once you remove the cover for out of state use or for use with rimfire uppers, you have a completely 100% stock ar-15 type magazine release.

sorensen440
01-27-2009, 9:00 PM
From a legal standpoint they are equal imo

I like the b16 personally

devildog999
01-27-2009, 9:03 PM
I like the B-XX series cause they are and look like what one would expect a mag lock to look like. It gets no second glances or legality questions.
I know it sounds dumb but I have seen it happen all the time.

Tell you what....Try one...and if you don't like it, I will buy it from you. I need another one. LOL
Vinz

Well, I trust your opinion Vince, so I think I'll give it a shot. Be warned though, I'm selling it marked up 2 fold to you if I don't like ;)

JeffM
01-27-2009, 9:03 PM
I like the B16. Once you remove the cover for out of state use or for use with rimfire uppers, you have a completely 100% stock ar-15 type magazine release.

+1

I just got my order for both.

I'll be using the B-16 for all my standard forged lowers, but the Radlock should work great for the billet lowers and 308 ARs that the B-16 won't fit.

Agro
01-27-2009, 9:13 PM
What's wrong with the bullet-button. I guess from a far off visual glance, it looks like a regular mag release, but I also like the idea of being able to quickly screw in the BB wrench and then its a regular mag release. Seems convenient.

I havent installed mine yet as I'm waiting for my OLL to come in. Who knows I might end up with a B-16 anyhow.

EKIM
01-27-2009, 9:33 PM
I believe it does not come with a standard mag release; but on the up side, it does utilize an anti walk pin.

oogabooga
01-27-2009, 9:38 PM
The B-16 is a godamn chastity belt, and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

It's easily reversible when going out of state or using a .22lr upper, and it's an anti rotational pin to boot.

It's sleek and actually looks like part of the gun, and it's pretty undeniable that the mag release is completely covered. It's secure as hell too.

Vinz
01-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Well, I trust your opinion Vince, so I think I'll give it a shot. Be warned though, I'm selling it marked up 2 fold to you if I don't like ;) well...you can fold it however you like, im sure it will hurt either way when I tell you where to stick it. :D LOL j/k

you never know it might be worth x2 at least later.

You will love it.
vinz

devildog999
01-27-2009, 10:18 PM
well...you can fold it however you like, im sure it will hurt either way when I tell you where to stick it. :D LOL j/k

you never know it might be worth x2 at least later.

You will love it.
vinz

Oh I'm sure ;) Now to buy one :D

goober
01-27-2009, 10:29 PM
works great for the AR45 due to its lever type mag release.
older-style BBs won't work here, as they rely on replacing the button and inhibiting the catch on the opposite side of the magwell from moving...
http://www.cncguns.com/images/PB140394.JPG

but i prefer the Raddlock for locking regular AR-style releases.

mr2.0
01-28-2009, 1:02 AM
Raddlock, easy to use and quick change for out of states. No screws to be lost.

aplinker
01-28-2009, 3:20 AM
There is no "best." They're all good choices and each has its own strengths/weaknesses.

I'm keeping my "classic" bullet buttons on most.

I like the knurls on the mag release once I remove it. The BB wrench has them, too.

bplvr
01-28-2009, 7:55 AM
I liked the design,but the only thing that is of concern is the rubber O-rings.
If the O-ring breaks at the range will it then revert to a push button mag ?
I don't have a B-16 to try,but maybe someone could see what happens
without the O-ring installed. {at home w/ no evil features}
Thanks in advance.

ohsmily
01-28-2009, 10:00 AM
I don't have a B-16 to try,but maybe someone could see what happens without the O-ring installed. {at home w/ no evil features}
Thanks in advance.

What O-rings? The B16 doesn't use any O-rings. I think you are talking out of your O-ring. ;)

bplvr
01-28-2009, 1:00 PM
What O-rings? The B16 doesn't use any O-rings. I think you are talking out of your O-ring. ;)

You are correct about the B-16 .My mistake . The one I was thinking of was the new RADDLOCK . CalGunners are so creative it is impossible to keep up with all the new ideas.

Toolbox X
01-28-2009, 1:25 PM
I'm glad you guys are so happy with the B-16. A lot of work went into that design, as simple as it seems.

The Radd BB and Prince BB Wrench are awesome as well. Whichever you choose you will not be disappointed.