PDA

View Full Version : AWB 2009

darkiceman56
01-27-2009, 5:42 PM
well i'm not sure if this has been posted already, but it appears Obama's administraton wants to make a permanent federal assault weapons ban :chris:

Scroll down to Crime & Law enforcement section.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

Gator Monroe
01-27-2009, 5:45 PM
That is scary .:chris:

darkiceman56
01-27-2009, 5:52 PM
yea i accidently stumbled across this while on a car forum's off topic chat.

Theseus
01-27-2009, 5:57 PM
:7::yawn:

It has been brought up more times than I can recall.

sorensen440
01-27-2009, 6:00 PM
Its not a matter of if they are going to pass a law
(I think thats almost gaurunteed)

Its a matter of will Scotus rule against it
(I think so)

Dr Rockso
01-27-2009, 6:03 PM
It has been posted, and it's nothing new. That exact text was on Obama's campaign and transition sites. Obama, Hillary, McCain, and even Bush all said they would sign a permanent AWB if it got to their desk as president. The question is whether or not congress has the stomach for that fight at this time. I would be surprised if they did.

Gator Monroe
01-27-2009, 6:06 PM
If they can Earmark billions for ACORN & npr then a new AWB is childs play

stphnman20
01-27-2009, 6:09 PM
The question is whether or not congress has the stomach for that fight at this time.
YES!

Gator Monroe
01-27-2009, 6:10 PM
The Drumbeat (Media & Dem Lawmaker hype) for AWB will be full strength by the end of summer !

foxtrotuniformlima
01-27-2009, 6:24 PM
I wonder if Gore will tell BHO to relax on the gun thing as it did not work out too well for him.

yellowfin
01-27-2009, 7:23 PM
The Drumbeat (Media & Dem Lawmaker hype) for AWB will be full strength by the end of summer !Then we need to push back harder.

rbgaynor
01-27-2009, 7:35 PM
It has been posted, and it's nothing new. That exact text was on Obama's campaign and transition sites. Obama, Hillary, McCain, and even Bush all said they would sign a permanent AWB if it got to their desk as president. The question is whether or not congress has the stomach for that fight at this time. I would be surprised if they did.

+1 this.

SwissFluCase
01-27-2009, 7:47 PM
Its not a matter of if they are going to pass a law
(I think thats almost gaurunteed)

If we just sit around and whine! Remember what happened to congress last time they passed an assualt weapons ban. Keep reminding them.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

ohsmily
01-27-2009, 8:14 PM
well i'm not sure if this has been posted already, but it appears Obama's administraton wants to make a permanent federal assault weapons ban :chris:

Scroll down to Crime & Law enforcement section.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

Thank you for the fresh and new information that hasn't been already been posted about 85 times by other members in this forum since the election. :rolleyes:

You have such a low post count, it is clear that you are very discerning and do research before you start your well thought out threads.

AngelDecoys
01-28-2009, 8:40 AM
Thank you for the fresh and new information that hasn't been already been posted about 85 times by other members in this forum since the election. :rolleyes:

You have such a low post count, it is clear that you are very discerning and do research before you start your well thought out threads.

+1 million. An AW thread twice a month is a little much. If there's that much anxiety floating around out there, it makes sense for a thread to be made focusing the discussion alleviating such concerns.

Can someone please put together a sticky thread on a possible AW ban. Preferably someone who is well respected here and considered an authority.

rayra
01-28-2009, 9:49 AM
it's essentially the same garbage policy that was spelled out under his Change.gov site immediately after (and since) the election.

There are already a couple major anti-gun bills filed, chief amongst them is HR45. Go look it up. See your dim future / cause for civil war.

GrayWolf09
01-28-2009, 11:42 AM
If they can Earmark billions for ACORN & npr then a new AWB is childs play

You done been listenin' to too much Rush? :fud:

I liked him better when he was on drugs.:wacko: