PDA

View Full Version : nOOb Seeks FLL in redding area

fallenknight308
01-27-2009, 2:07 PM
Hello!
this is my first post here, so I decided to jump right in with a question regarding
Purchase of OLL's in the redding area. (I've been bitten by the black rifle bug):D
There are two choices here: Jones Fort, and Old West Gun & Loan.
I've heard good things about Old West, but am reserved concerning Jones Fort.
The Guys at Jones Fort have been.....well *ahem* "sharp" with me concerning my questions... any questions. in the past, and seem to have a rather you-don't-belong-in-our-club attitude. I don't want hassle or argument when I go to make a purchase, or need advice;)
Thanks to anyone who can help!

hitman13
01-27-2009, 2:13 PM
go to olde west, great service.

Gator Monroe
01-27-2009, 2:13 PM
Go to Olde West Gun & Loan and tell them you want a lower (But would like them to look into Anvil Arms (www.anvilarms.com) or Kaiser Defense or Stag or Spikes or another Dist.(Source that will ship to Ca. FFL) Otherwise it's Hess/Vulcan (Their usuial source) but do not approach Jones fort for OLL (They are better for other Firearm needs in some cases but not OLL)

Gator Monroe
01-27-2009, 2:23 PM
So fallenknight do you shoot at Iron Mountain (BLM free shooting area 5 miles west of Redding ?) or Lewiston Gun Club or Redding Gun Club or Tehema Shooters or Burney/McARTHUR or ...

fallenknight308
01-27-2009, 2:33 PM
So fallenknight do you shoot at Iron Mountain (BLM free shooting area 5 miles west of Redding ?) or Lewiston Gun Club or Redding Gun Club or Tehema Shooters or Burney/McARTHUR or ...
I don't get alot of chances to get out to the range much, but the other day I was out at the tehema/sacramento river blm range. I don't really like that range though, no backstop of sorts, its all lava rock so everybodys spalling/ricocheting
everywhere (kinda scary:eek:)
Iron mtn huh? whats that like?:)

Oh and thanks for the help guys!

Gator Monroe
01-27-2009, 2:50 PM
Iron Mountain is the best place for free shooting (BLM area) in this part of the state ! Ask at Olde West or PM me on directions (It's my favorite place to shoot .)

justin_5585
02-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Great Outdoors has S&W MP15 lowers in stock. Old West has Vulcans, but can order the S&W. I went with old west, as they had better prices, but YMMV.

Gator Monroe
02-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Get Olde West to order you an Anvil Arms lower ! and have youy been to the Iron Mountain BLM free shooting area ?:confused: