View Full Version : Hi-point 995 WANTED in CA

01-27-2009, 10:45 AM
I've posted this on www.hipointfirearmsforums.com and let it sit for a few days to no avail. Maybe there's no real answer to my question, but just in case there is, I hope I can get one here!

Hey guys, as you can see I'm something of a newbie here, but I've been frequenting these forums (www.hipointfirearmsforums.com) and Calguns.net for the past 3 months doing heavy research on the Hi-point 995 and all the legalities and red tape involved with making this beautiful carbine CA legal so I can shoot to my heart's content. After months of searching and calling, I found out I was a few months (more like a year) late on the batch of Bullet Button equipped 995s being shipped in by lanworldinc. Frustrated, I called them and they informed me that they had the laser equipped model in stock...but at the time it was out of my price range so I decided to wait. Bad Idea. Now they're out (due to current politics I'm guessing).

I contacted a member on Calguns.net and he suggested that I buy the carbine in "CA AW" configuration (pistol grip + Detach mag) ship it to http://www.freakshowbullets.com/product_info.php?cPath=90_72&products_id=291 for Bullet Button installation, then have it shipped to a black-rifle friendly FFL here in CA. The lanworld path was the easiest and most convenient, but as it stands they're well out of stock. The second option seems mighty expensive and much more involved. I was wondering if any of your 995 or 4095 owners (whether in CA or the free states) could think of any other possible way I could make this happen. Whether it be me driving out of state (without moving :p) or even just another FFL dealer that specializes in converting the 995/4095 for CA residents. Thanks in advance for all your guys' input, any is well appreciated.