PDA

View Full Version : Value of Colt H bar Match Target

red2sniper
01-27-2009, 10:28 AM
There is a guy at work who is interested in selling a Colt H bar target model
.223, 20", 1 in 7 twist barrel. it is a "registered assault weapon", so it would go complete (Colt complete upper, bcg, lpk, stock, grip, ect.)except for the lower which he is going to keep. Any ideal on the value of such a weapon in today's market? it has had very few rounds through it and according to him in storage for years, and it is in great shape. I have no photos of it right now. Any ideas?:confused:

Shane916
01-27-2009, 10:34 AM
There is a guy at work who is interested in selling a Colt H bar target model
.223, 20", 1 in 7 twist barrel. it is a "registered assault weapon", so it would go complete (Colt complete upper, bcg, lpk, stock, grip, ect.)except for the lower which he is going to keep. Any ideal on the value of such a weapon in today's market? it has had very few rounds through it and according to him in storage for years, and it is in great shape. I have no photos of it right now. Any ideas?:confused:

I'd recommend placing on Gunbroker and simply letting it ride. Definitely a good time to sell though.

JTROKS
01-27-2009, 1:43 PM
I have one too that is registered. The idea of selling mine kind of crossed my mind, but why would I do that? Unless someone is going to offer me $3K+ then I may start thinking about it. Just owning a Colt plus the fact that it's registered AW, you can go to a range and swap out 30 round mags just by using your finger. With only an upper being sold, I really don't see anything special about a complete Colt upper. Maybe $100 more just for the name. That said I say the upper is worth $600 to $750 depending on the condition.

red2sniper
01-27-2009, 3:04 PM
cool, thanks, I will pass it on! Maybe I will have him check out gunbroker, they look to be selling the whole gun for 1200-1400 range.....
Doug

Colt
01-27-2009, 5:32 PM
Pardon my ignorance. Could that firearm be rendered Cal legal by adding mag lock?

Born2Lose
01-27-2009, 6:20 PM
Pardon my ignorance. Could that firearm be rendered Cal legal by adding mag lock?
Nope..it's listed. Read the AW flowchart above and to the right.