PDA

View Full Version : They've been hiding for years, but Washington's gun ban extremists are baaaack

01-27-2009, 8:58 AM
http://2008.heraldextra.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=133335&g2_serialNumber=2

"Like cockroaches waiting for the lights to go out before scurrying out into the open, the anti-gunners have sulked in their little holes, feeding off political scraps while we were increasing the pro-gun footprint. While the anti-gunners hid, pro-gunners were so successful that only two states don't allow legal concealed carry. The anti-gun leadership absorbed their losses and waited a long time for the pendulum to swing back in their favor.

Now that the Democrats control Congress, they see it as the cue to scurry from their hiding places. Their plan is to take away private ownership of guns in America."

Read the rest here (http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.com/2009/01/obamas-white-house-perfect-habitat-for.html)

yellowfin
01-27-2009, 9:06 AM
This is the result of us not taking the time while we were ahead to focus on removing the anti gun culture, to attack the eggs. we have to spray for it, not just just stomp the ones that hatch.

oddball
01-27-2009, 9:12 AM
Sooner than later is my prediction on further gun control and other items in "their" agenda.

I agree with the article about the media's involvement. Seems there is a daily internet poll on some news site regarding the banning of guns.

bulgron
01-27-2009, 9:55 AM
This is the result of us not taking the time while we were ahead to focus on removing the anti gun culture, to attack the eggs. we have to spray for it, not just just stomp the ones that hatch.

I actually think we've been doing what we can on this front, given the limited nature of the resources available to us. Certainly we haven't been allowing the anti's to push their misinformation without challenge on the one information marketplace that's freely available to all of us -- the internet.

When you've got multiple billionaires setting up foundations world-wide that have the express goal of disarming all the little people, it's hard to marshall the appropriate resources to counter attack. They can afford to buy newspapers, radio stations, TV stations, US Senators, US Presidents. We cannot.

That said, we've been doing a hell of a job with what we've got to work with.

Just my opinion.

bulgron
01-27-2009, 9:57 AM
Sooner than later is my prediction on further gun control and other items in "their" agenda.

If gun control is inevitable, sooner is better than later. Let's get this out in the courts while the momentum is still on our side. Plus, gun control will prove to be a disaster for them in 2010, if they actually push something draconian through.

sorensen440
01-27-2009, 9:57 AM
I pray for the health of the conservative judges as they are our last hope

SwissFluCase
01-27-2009, 10:04 AM

Bingo. It's not like John "Americans for Gun Safety" McCain was going to be a good ally.

We were in this pickle as soon as the primaries were finished.

That said, we can stop this. The US citizens are much wiser than they were in the '90s, and we still quickly tossed the anti's in Congress to the curb. Just because they will try, doesn't mean they will win. Remind your congress critter that his or her job depends on this.

Don't sell yourself short. We have far more than that. We got CCW during the Clinton administration. We are better organized on the Internet. We had Katrina to show the fence sitters what the RKBA is all about. We had a small but important legal victory. We have Gene! :D We are fighting good against evil, and just like light shines through darkness, we will prevail.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

7x57
01-27-2009, 10:13 AM

This *is* a bit difficult when public money is used to fund compulsory public education which indoctrinates an anti-gun, anti-liberty culture.

The only place you can go to college and receive some kinds of classical education are Christian colleges, because Christians were organized enough to create an alternative educational hierarchy. It would be useful if non-Christians who never the less believe in classical values were able to do this, but I very much doubt it is possible. Sometimes I wonder if Christian colleges should offer a "classical education" track which is not specifically Christian but is specifically traditional education with objective ethical values.

I guess there is too much distrust of Christians (and specifically Evangelical Christians, as they are the only ones would would consider doing this) for it to work, but it leaves classical secular thinkers in a place where they have no alternative to sending their children to a re-education camp.

7x57

7x57
01-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Bingo. It's not like John "Americans for Gun Safety" McCain was going to be a good ally.

We were in this pickle as soon as the primaries were finished.

We need to start *now* trying to make sure that this doesn't happen in 2012, but to do so means we have to make peace between the "Religious Right" and the Libertarians. We *should* do that, but whether we can remains to be seen. I am mostly one and partly the other, so theoretically I should have some ability to do it, but I'm also too crabby to be a good diplomat.

But if there is not a working alliance, then the neocons and RINOS are going to keep giving a choice of an anti-Constitution Republican and an anti-Constitution Democrat. :chris:

7x57

yellowfin
01-27-2009, 10:24 AM
It must be attacked at the school, non profit, and community levels where it exists. That doesn't take money, but it does take time and attention which is often where we get beat. This *is* a bit difficult when public money is used to fund compulsory public education which indoctrinates an anti-gun, anti-liberty culture. Precisely. We need to take public education back, at first by beating on it to get it to stop its anti gun and anti liberty message, then replace it with our own. Either pull the money out, sue them for abuse of our money, or directly confront leftist teachers.

As for buying newspapers, conservative people buy businesses all the time, they just for some reason or another don't buy media. I don't know why except that conservatives buy for profit, leftists seem more willing to buy for influence. Lots of newspapers and radio stations are for sale at any given moment. Conglomerates often buy them, but not always.

Aegis
01-27-2009, 3:11 PM
I expect some of the strong anti-2A folks in Washington will try, but gun control is a losing issue for many of these politicians especially with the Heller decision and hopefully a good ruling in Nordyke. Many of these recently elected politicians were put in office in part because of their support of the 2A. The idea of banning guns plays well to the extremists in San Francisco and New York, but most of the country is not on board with the idea.

AaronHorrocks
01-27-2009, 3:17 PM

Incorrect. They are our second to last hope. Keep your powder dry.

Soap Box. Ballot Box. Jury Box. Ammo Box.

01-27-2009, 8:09 PM
Incorrect. They are our second to last hope. Keep your powder dry.

Soap Box. Ballot Box. Jury Box. Ammo Box.

+1 True

tankerman
01-27-2009, 9:22 PM
Their plan is to take away private ownership of guns in America." They are welcome to my guns, all they have to do come them.