PDA

View Full Version : Geissele trigger

818gtiguy
01-26-2009, 10:19 PM
I went to the Costa Mesa gun show this weekend and visited the Cold War Shooter`s table. I got to tinker with a bunch of lowers that had all the nice trigger groups in them(Timney,LMT,Geissele,etc). I played with all of them for a while and found that the Geissele felt SPECTACULAR! It had a nice clean 1st stage and a no creep 2nd stage.The break was SO CLEAN.I had to have one of these no matter what so I ended up breakin bread and taking one home at $350. I went home that day and installed it that night. Its nice that they send you extra oversized pins incase you have loose trigger group pin holes. After I installed it, I adjusted it(very easy),and dry fire it about 10 times. I LIKED IT! Very clean,no creep at all break! The hammer strikes VERY hard, so im not worrying about any light strikes. I went to the range today and my groups at 100yrds are about one inch tighter. I was doing like 4 inch groups w/a eotech and now my groups are 2 1/2 inches with the eotech. Just wanted to let you guys know what I think of the trigger.Here is a link http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=279

yellowfin
01-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Made by the uber hot supermodel?

chuck762
01-26-2009, 10:24 PM
I loved the first one I bought so much I bought 2 more. They really do feel so much better than a LMT or Armalite 2 stage triggers. 350 is on the steep side though...:eek:

http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails_.cfm?inventorynumber=1799

818gtiguy
01-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Im still happy I paid $350. Happiness is priceless . Instant gratification from the gun show though! I didnt have to wait for it impatiently in the mail.

chuck762
01-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Im still happy I paid $350. Happiness is priceless . Instant gratification from the gun show though! I didnt have to wait for it impatiently in the mail.

I understand as we have all bought on impulse but just in case you feel the need to add them to all (like I did) your ARs then adco is the place.

Sleepnosis
01-26-2009, 10:37 PM
+1 like mine.

ocabj
01-26-2009, 10:38 PM
$350? Jesus, I hope you got the Geissele hat and t-shirt with the trigger. The MSRP is $279. Brownells, Sinclair, and Creedmoor Sports should have them in-stock.

Mine came with the hat (bought it direct from Geissele). Got the t-shirt because they sent me the wrong one (small pin, I needed Colt large pin). They even paid for return shipping and shipping of the new one.

818gtiguy
01-26-2009, 10:41 PM
I understand as we have all bought on impulse but just in case you feel the need to add them to all (like I did) your ARs then adco is the place.

Cool. Thanks for the info Chuck. Much appreciated. I will 100% get another Geissele trigger when I get another lower. Thanks again for the info!

818gtiguy
01-26-2009, 10:47 PM
$350? Jesus, I hope you got the Geissele hat and t-shirt with the trigger. The MSRP is $279. Brownells, Sinclair, and Creedmoor Sports should have them in-stock.

Mine came with the hat (bought it direct from Geissele). Got the t-shirt because they sent me the wrong one (small pin, I needed Colt large pin). They even paid for return shipping and shipping of the new one.

Like I said, Im still happy! Yea they hooked me up with a Black Cold War Shooters polo shirt. I know that a lot of of places are sold out of them.

DedEye
01-26-2009, 10:57 PM
The Geissele was alright when i tried it. The Timney is nice as well, but after testing out the Chip McCormick, I think that may be my new favorite.

csmintel
01-26-2009, 11:00 PM
I paid 279 for my geyselle.

aplinker
01-26-2009, 11:17 PM
The Geissele was alright when i tried it. The Timney is nice as well, but after testing out the Chip McCormick, I think that may be my new favorite.

Which Geissele did you try? There are 3. 4, if you count the SSA.

DedEye
01-26-2009, 11:58 PM
Which Geissele did you try? There are 3. 4, if you count the SSA.

Don't recall specifically. I know they had a couple of their models out, one of their more ruggedized triggers and another more oriented towards target/bench shooting.

It was just dry firing at their booth, I'd have to actually put lead down range to know how well I like it.

wcnones
01-27-2009, 12:07 AM
CWS has never been accused of offering low prices. You should see what they charge for GSG-5s.

C.G.
01-27-2009, 12:45 AM
I have CMC's and I think the Geissele is a little better (shooting my friends' guns) , but my finances so far have not afforded the Geissele.

Blacktail 8541
01-27-2009, 7:29 AM
The Geissele Is top in two stage design, while a lot of people like the JP in a single stage.
$350.00 is outrages when when MAP priceing on these is $279.00.

Waldo
01-27-2009, 7:54 AM
They are nice triggers, that's for sure. But I had to take mine out until I have a chance to tinker with it later on. Didn't have it adjusted right and the second stage release was inconsistent from shot to shot.

Blacktail 8541
01-27-2009, 8:03 AM
That is definatly an djustment problem as you sated. Follow the instructions and you can be done in under a half hour.

Rick530
01-27-2009, 8:03 AM
So can someone explain 2 stage vs. 1 stage triggers??? Never messed with any 2 stage triggers in my life. But I have a new Geissele trigger at home for a build

PIRATE14
01-27-2009, 8:14 AM

Sounds like someone charged you the wrong amount....we normally charge 280 plus tax and license......

Hope you like the shirt......

Send me your addy and we'll send you a chk for the diff or store credit.....enjoy that trigger....;)

xrMike
01-27-2009, 8:16 AM
Has anyone tried both the Geissele and the WOA-tuned RRA trigger that Adco also sells?

http://www.adcofirearms.com/acc/productLine_.cfm?brand=White%20Oak&product_category=Lower%20Receivers/Parts

Is it really worth $160 more?

rabagley
01-27-2009, 8:24 AM
A two stage trigger has a "take up" and then the release. The "take up" is movement of the trigger that occupies a very precise amount of the total force needed and then you reach a stop (the release point). Only a small amount of additional force is required to go past the release.

A single stage trigger just has the release. There is no movement of the trigger prior to the release.

In both cases, the total pressure applied to get the release is the weight of the trigger.

People who get religious about single stage triggers tend to confuse "take up" with "creep", which is incorrect. Take up is a planned movement of the trigger that requires a very specific amount of force to move the trigger to the release point. Creep is movement that occurs during and after you've applied the release pressure that makes it impossible to learn exactly when the gun will fire.

I like both kinds of triggers, depending on the gun.

Rick530
01-27-2009, 8:28 AM
A two stage trigger has a "take up" and then the release. The "take up" is movement of the trigger that occupies a very precise amount of the total force needed and then you reach a stop (the release point). Only a small amount of additional force is required to go past the release.

A single stage trigger just has the release. There is no movement of the trigger prior to the release.

In both cases, the total pressure applied to get the release is the weight of the trigger.

People who get religious about single stage triggers tend to confuse "take up" with "creep", which is incorrect. Take up is a planned movement of the trigger that requires a very specific amount of force to move the trigger to the release point. Creep is movement that occurs during and after you've applied the release pressure that makes it impossible to learn exactly when the gun will fire.

I like both kinds of triggers, depending on the gun. Exellent description. thanks!

Jicko
01-27-2009, 8:34 AM
You got RIPPED!

That trigger is no way $350.... it is worth like maybe $250(or at most $280).... or if you can find the non-adjustable version (just feel as good), it is $145!!

I went to the Costa Mesa gun show this weekend and visited the Cold War Shooter`s table. I got to tinker with a bunch of lowers that had all the nice trigger groups in them(Timney,LMT,Geissele,etc). I played with all of them for a while and found that the Geissele felt SPECTACULAR! It had a nice clean 1st stage and a no creep 2nd stage.The break was SO CLEAN.I had to have one of these no matter what so I ended up breakin bread and taking one home at $350. I went home that day and installed it that night. Its nice that they send you extra oversized pins incase you have loose trigger group pin holes. After I installed it, I adjusted it(very easy),and dry fire it about 10 times. I LIKED IT! Very clean,no creep at all break! The hammer strikes VERY hard, so im not worrying about any light strikes. I went to the range today and my groups at 100yrds are about one inch tighter. I was doing like 4 inch groups w/a eotech and now my groups are 2 1/2 inches with the eotech. Just wanted to let you guys know what I think of the trigger.Here is a link http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=279

aplinker
01-27-2009, 9:03 AM
Sounds like someone charged you the wrong amount....we normally charge 280 plus tax and license......

Send me your addy and we'll send you a chk for the diff or store credit.....enjoy that trigger....;)

Your website has them listed for $350, too.

PIRATE14
01-27-2009, 9:27 AM
Your website has them listed for $350, too.

Hate it when corporate HQ keeps me out of the loop.....but if I said 280 than that's what I sell'em for.....;)

PIRATE14
01-27-2009, 9:33 AM
You got RIPPED!

That trigger is no way $350.... it is worth like maybe $250(or at most $280).... or if you can find the non-adjustable version (just feel as good), it is $145!!

Why do guys think he got ripped off....maybe over paid...but...

Did he get a Geisle that wasn't one or one that was defectiver....ahh NO...

Why is it it's okay for your MAGPUL rifle to jump up in value....but not be sold at current market value from a FFL....

Why don't all you guys that bought rifles on the cheap sell them for what you paid for them....and since you guys know the prices will go down....you can get another later, no probelm....

PIRATE14
01-27-2009, 9:39 AM
CWS has never been accused of offering low prices. You should see what they charge for GSG-5s.

Sold two at the CM show for 500 and 599.....those went quick....

chuck762
01-27-2009, 9:40 AM
Has anyone tried both the Geissele and the WOA-tuned RRA trigger that Adco also sells?

http://www.adcofirearms.com/acc/productLine_.cfm?brand=White%20Oak&product_category=Lower%20Receivers/Parts

Is it really worth $160 more?

I think they are worth it as I had an RRA turn into a crappy feeling single stage in less than 1000 rounds. RRAs have had some durability issues in the past and I don't trust them. The two RRA's I still own are now installed in rifles I rarely use which are stored in AZ.

The Geissele is adjustable for pull weight, second stage weight and over travel. The RRA is non adjustable unless you count taking stones and files to it. For the money they aren't bad but after going through 4 different 2 stage triggers (Armalite, LMT, RRA Mizzano/Kriger) I will pay the money for the Geissele.

Even the military is using the Geissele to replace the KAC triggers in the rifles that have 2 stage triggers as they last longer.

xrMike
01-27-2009, 9:55 AM
Chuck, thanks for the info, that's what I was looking for, from somebody who's tried them both.

4thSeal
01-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Don't see people complaining about 35 or 40$ PMag prices... which they should be... that is over 100% mark up on an item... 350$ is 25%, plus its a damn fine trigger... which is out of stock every place Ive looked, like the PMag... I have 3 Geissele DMR triggers and of all the ARs i have tried they feel the best... They also have the quickest lock time which what helps your groups / shooting the most... not the 4lb 2 stage trigger...

Jicko
01-27-2009, 10:37 AM
There is quite a difference between selling a Gieselle @ $350 (marking that price), vs a MPLA auctioned @ $3500....

Marking a price like that is "over charging"...

Auctioning, is the buyer WILLING to buy at that price....

If you auction out your Gieselle and get $350... then it is what it is....

Why do guys think he got ripped off....maybe over paid...but...

Did he get a Geisle that wasn't one or one that was defectiver....ahh NO...

Why is it it's okay for your MAGPUL rifle to jump up in value....but not be sold at current market value from a FFL....

Why don't all you guys that bought rifles on the cheap sell them for what you paid for them....and since you guys know the prices will go down....you can get another later, no probelm....

Jicko
01-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Don't see people complaining about 35 or 40$ PMag prices... which they should be... that is over 100% mark up on an item... 350$ is 25%, plus its a damn fine trigger... which is out of stock every place Ive looked, like the PMag... I have 3 Geissele DMR triggers and of all the ARs i have tried they feel the best... They also have the quickest lock time which what helps your groups / shooting the most... not the 4lb 2 stage trigger...

You are just not looking hard enough.... even Brownells got them IN STOCK

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=26433&st=geissele&s=

4thSeal
01-27-2009, 10:46 AM
You are just not looking hard enough.... even Brownells got them IN STOCK

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=26433&st=geissele&s=

Guess I wasn't :)

PIRATE14
01-27-2009, 11:06 AM
There is quite a difference between selling a Gieselle @ $350 (marking that price), vs a MPLA auctioned @ $3500....

Than just state as such....dude you overpaid....not dude you got ripped off....that's all....

THX for your time....;)

30Cal
01-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Got mine used for $250. Somebody had bought the wrong pin sizes. I likes it a lot. Feels good and has an ultrafast locktime which is good when you're shooting from your feet.

aplinker
01-27-2009, 12:30 PM
This post makes no sense, at all.

What's the difference between an auction and a store? Is there some form of coercion at a store?

Both cases are the buyer willing to pay the price.

Cool... I'll order my next one from you guys, since no one discounts them and I'd rather my $ stay in CA.

Hate it when corporate HQ keeps me out of the loop.....but if I said 280 than that's what I sell'em for.....;)

818gtiguy
01-27-2009, 3:52 PM

I wasnt trying to get any money back....but I guess I cant say no to money..thx pirate14. It was a lady who sold it to me.Blame her!j/k

Diablo
01-27-2009, 4:57 PM
That's awesome Pirate. :notworthy:

wcnones
01-27-2009, 5:06 PM
Do I think some of CWS inventory is overpriced? Sure as hell do...but then again, they have stuff IN STOCK!

I've done business with them, and aside from the quasi-"WTF DO YOU WANT" approach of some of the employees at the store, they are a great place to buy something if you gotta have it now. Sometimes I am willing to pay more to have it now, and when those times pop up, I go to CWS.

NRAhighpowershooter
01-27-2009, 5:30 PM
Gieselle sets the price a vendor can charge for their triggers... that is why they are $279-$280 and no more! If you paid $350, Gieselle would want to know about it.

Flying Bones
01-27-2009, 6:51 PM
Ok...its simple.

Bought it without research and paid too much = silly. Some learn, some never do. Let 'em be.

Bought it with research and paid too much = Educated impulse silliness. <--I'm famous for getting to the counter and sayin F it, I want it.

Duh...stuff is hard to come buy and lots of people are paying inflated prices, but if they're happy and joining the good fight WHO CARES.

The scenario was...a shooter bought a good product from a pro-oll supplier at a gunshow...Sounds like all good news to me.

818gtiguy
01-28-2009, 4:11 PM
The scenario was...a shooter bought a good product from a pro-oll supplier at a gunshow...Sounds like all good news to me.

Yes sir.I posted this thread to inform fellow calgunners that the Geissele is the sharpest breaking trigger in my books and Im one picky person when it comes to my arms. Im still going to do business with CWS if they got something I need(or want). AAA+++ for the Geissele trigger groups! The BEST!