View Full Version : Quadrails on AK

01-26-2009, 6:26 PM
This has been brought up before but any guys have feedback on the UTG quadrail on the AK. How it fits, also does it allow a vertical foregrip to accomodate a 10/30 mag better than the Galil style handguards with single rail? How about how well it accomodates other add ons etc. Also any feedback on any other quadrail systems you may have on your AKMs. Thanks.

01-26-2009, 6:38 PM
you should check out the command arms one i have a couple on order they look super sweet go to their site to check them out

01-26-2009, 7:57 PM
I had one of the command arms ones and the top portion melted. Never had a UTG but the reports I've read on other boards are all favorable.

I dont really have a need for quad rails on an ak so all I have is an ultimak top and standard lower hg. Ultimak works just fine for me....

01-26-2009, 8:04 PM
I have one on my Saiga right now but I am going to remove it and put it on a romy G that I plan on selling. But they work great on Saiga conversions because you dont need to buy a handguard retainer to attach it. I'm just going to pony up the ca$h and buy the retainer from Dinzag anyway, so I can add wood to my Saiga and officially "convert" her.

01-26-2009, 8:06 PM
Are you sure it was a command arms one if you still have it send it back they have life time warrenty on them if you need help let me know I can call them for you

01-26-2009, 8:15 PM
I know UTG is chinese made but I have to say there stuff is getting better in quality than before. There rails are made real well. I have rails on my Fal and ak and they are rock steady. Plus they are not 2-3 hundred bucks. If you buy one and don't like it, sell it to me for half price.:D

01-26-2009, 8:18 PM
Their AR rails are also great for the price. They hold zero and look decent.

EBR Works
01-26-2009, 8:41 PM
I put the UTG quad on an AK pistol. Went on flawlessly and very solidly built. A bargain for around $60 :thumbsup:

01-26-2009, 8:45 PM

01-26-2009, 8:51 PM
see if he wasn't making that ridiculous commie pose he would actually need a rail to attach his foregrip to. :thumbsup: