PDA

View Full Version : ar10 palma rifle

tommyid1
01-26-2009, 5:57 PM
Saw a thread a while ago with some palma rifles in it. There was an ar10 in there that looked like it would be fun to shoot out to those long distances using irons. Where do you get all that palma stuff at?

ocabj
01-26-2009, 5:58 PM
What do you mean by "Palma stuff"?

tommyid1
01-26-2009, 6:01 PM
The long range precision irons and the stock

rg_1111@yahoo.com
01-26-2009, 6:07 PM
It cost a lot of money.

ocabj
01-26-2009, 6:50 PM
If you're talking sights, then there are quite a few options out there. Popular Match Rifle (mid-range and long-range prone) iron sight manufacturers are:

Warner
Centra
Phoenix Precision
PNW
David Tubb's Superior Shooting Systems

A rear and front sight combo with the irises for both the front and rear along with your desired accessories (diopters/magnifiers and shades) can run around $1000-$1200. You can probably scrape by as low as $750 for a front and rear sight setup depending on what sights you get and if you don't need diopters/magnifiers.

Speaking of which, I currently have a Stallings Machine "Rightsight" sitting in a box waiting for my Match Rifle bolt gun to be built (barrelled).

http://www.ocabj.net/gallery2/d/10587-4/IMG_2361-crop-1024-pp.jpg

The Rightsight was $400 for the whole front sight package: front sight base, front sight tube, cant adjustable level, adjustable iris, +.5 diopter, and storm shade. The Phoenix rear was $400. I have a Gehmann 510 iris and anti-glare tube for the rear sight which cost about $75 for both. So all together, my front and rear sight setup should only be about $900.

I'm still waiting for my Phoenix Precision rear sight.

For the stock, if you're talking AR spacegun, then Creedmoor Sports (made by Gary Eliseo) and White Oak Armament are two well known manufacturers of AR spacegun stocks. If you're just talking bolt gun stock in general, then there are tons of stock makers who make stocks (wood/laminate and fiberglass/composite) for Palma.