PDA

View Full Version : HR 45 House bill on firearms

steve_77
01-26-2009, 5:57 PM
Well here it is. Mr. Rush is introducing a bill to further erode our right to own a weapon because one person, Blair Holt, a student, was shot. Just like the Brady Bill, Mr Rush will appeal to the hysteria of the politician to push this bill through. There are already bills to keep the crazies from getting a gun but this bill will eventually make every gun owner a criminal in the future.

Obama has already made his intentions known about taking guns away from the private citizen. Mr. Rush will work on this idea that he now has a president that will go along with him on disarming the American citizen.

You wanted change? Here it starts.

This takes a bit to load up, but it's worth reading, this will impact our rights.

Subject: HR 45: US House bill on control of firearms

Here is the first bill introduced in the US House of Representatives that mandates licensing for all firearms owners...

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h45ih.txt.pdf

You will have to carry a photo ID firearms license.

A training class is required to be licensed.

Disclosure of your storage method is required for license.

A thumb print is required for license.

Every sale recorded by the federal government.

If you move, and don’t tell the Attorney General within 60 days, you are a criminal.

If a firearm is stolen and you don’t report it, you are a criminal.

There will be no grandfathered firearms. If you do not obtain a license and report every firearm you currently own, you are a criminal.

There will be a license fee and a fee for the “services” provided at purchase time.

Licenses must be renewed every 5 years.

Take action at:

http://gunowners.org/111anatb.htm

If the above link does not work - just go to http://gunowners.org
and at the bottom of the page is a link - click on "Firearms Legislation In The 111th Congress "

- Brought to you by the Irvine, California Ron Paul Meet-up Group

postal16
01-26-2009, 6:17 PM
Boy they are not wasting time are they...this needs to be squashed now! There is no doubt that the Libs are peeing their pants in excitement about the changes they can make right now.

DDT
01-26-2009, 6:18 PM
:dupe:

itchy finger
01-26-2009, 6:45 PM
Nice. Why don't they just ban automobiles too. There are more kids killed every year by cars than by firearms. You gotta love the morons that run our country.

movie zombie
01-26-2009, 6:57 PM
sent an e-mail to Representative Anna Eshoo urging her to oppose this bill as it is in direct opposition to the 2nd amendment and does nothing to protect me from criminals.

movie zombie

Librarian
01-26-2009, 7:20 PM
Same bill was introduced in 2007 - HR 2666 - and went nowhere.

New Congress, new members, new attempt. Same crap, different day.

Watch, but don't worry yet. Writing your Reps is the classic Good Idea, but since mine is George Miller, I won't expect any consideration given to my opinion.

Bad Voodoo
01-26-2009, 7:29 PM
...since mine is George Miller, I won't expect any consideration given to my opinion.

Now there's a man of the people. :rolleyes:

steve_77
01-27-2009, 9:21 AM
As some have noted we shouldn't worry -yet but just wanted to spread the word -- the "take action: link at the bottom was also incorrect - now its fixed

http://gunowners.org/111anatb.htm

If the above link does not work - just go to http://gunowners.org
and at the bottom of the page is a link - click on "Firearms Legislation In The 111th Congress "

Dr Rockso
01-27-2009, 9:28 AM
No co-sponsors and referred to the House committee on the Judiciary. The best thing we can do is let this die a quiet death, just like it did in the last congress.

Shotgun Man
01-27-2009, 5:22 PM
No co-sponsors and referred to the House committee on the Judiciary. The best thing we can do is let this die a quiet death, just like it did in the last congress.

How come it has no co-sponsors? The last one had a bunch. Can the co-sponsors come later?

I would think the lack of co-sponsors portends a bleak future for this bill.

stag1500
01-27-2009, 6:12 PM
Nice. Why don't they just ban automobiles too. There are more kids killed every year by cars than by firearms. You gotta love the morons that run our country.

The argument they use is that automobiles are a necessity, guns are not. They say the same about assault weapons. It is an intellectually bankrupt argument all-around. But you're right. Cars do kill more kids every year. So do swimming pools.

sleepur606
01-27-2009, 9:38 PM
Automobiles are not a necessity.

In reality, nothing is a necessity; we could all go back to the dark ages and crap in little buckets in our house, then throw it in the street...and then we could all get the Plague and die by the hundreds of thousands. Yeah, let's get rid of all things that aren't a necessity.

Cars make life easy because you don't have to walk, can carry more things, and can travel longer distances faster. Oh wait, that sounds like a tool to me, doesn't it?

Aren't guns tools? Either for hunting to take game animals, or for personal recreation to have fun, relieve stress, and make us happy? Last I checked, happy gun owners don't go around killing people...actually, most law abiding people don't kill people...actually, criminals kill people and criminals don't obey laws anyway...****, let's just ban being a criminal!