PDA

View Full Version : New Owner and Forum Member

SoCalLA
01-26-2009, 4:42 PM
Hello All,

I just want to say thanks for the collective help provided by CalGuns.net in my selection of a SiG P226 40. S&W as my first firearm. I first learned to shoot at 14 years old, and had not fired a pistol since I was in college.

Having just turned 30 and just convinced my fiancee to allow a firearm in the house, I looked for advice and found it here. Thanks again.

-SCLA

SDgarrick
01-26-2009, 8:59 PM
welcome and congrats both on the sig and convincing the Fiance to allow one... now teach her to use it.

ivanimal
01-26-2009, 9:18 PM
As my wife once said, "I would feel pretty stupid if someone broke into our house and I did nothing with so many guns in the house." She learned to shoot and now likes shooting.

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Turbinator
01-26-2009, 9:27 PM
Welcome, glad you found your way back to the hobby. Get your friends into it, too!

Turby

SoCalLA
01-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks All! For the moment she is fairly adamant about not wanting to have anything to do with a firearm. Perhaps once the NRA literature makes it into the mailbox, my trips to the range consume some weekend time, and she is more comfortable; she will say the same thing as ivanimal's wife.

In the meantime, I am taking a friend to the LAX range this weekend on Saturday for his first time.

-SCLA

jazman
01-27-2009, 5:42 PM
Congrats and welcome. Make your second gun a .22, and she may well fall in love with it!

Turbinator
01-29-2009, 4:14 PM
In the meantime, I am taking a friend to the LAX range this weekend on Saturday for his first time.

Excellent. Getting your friends into it is a good move. Gives you 1 more thing to talk about, instead of just the weather, news, or politics. :)

Turby