PDA

View Full Version : Saiga + skeleton stock

Mike-4
01-26-2009, 3:49 PM
Just to confirm, If I add a Saiga skeleton stock to my factory Saiga x39mm rifle, I just need to add a mag lock correct? No other 922r requirements?

regards

Ak47owner
01-26-2009, 4:13 PM
Just to confirm, If I add a Saiga skeleton stock to my factory Saiga x39mm rifle, I just need to add a mag lock correct? No other 922r requirements?

regards

From what i understand once you add a American made part to a imported weapon you will need to have no more than 10 ORIGINAL parts.. So you would need to get a American trigger group, muzzle break (if your weapon has one) and new furniture.. but as for a Mag lock, it isnt needed because the stock in question isnt a "evil feature".

mvpatriot
01-26-2009, 4:18 PM
All saiga 12s and other mag fed semi auto shotguns need BBs! and yes you must be 922r compliant when unsporterizing.

Mike-4
01-26-2009, 4:25 PM
From what i understand once you add a American made part to a imported weapon you will need to have no more than 10 ORIGINAL parts.. So you would need to get a American trigger group, muzzle break (if your weapon has one) and new furniture.. but as for a Mag lock, it isnt needed because the stock in question isnt a "evil feature".

Does it make a difference if its a Saiga factory skeleton stock? Looking at the AW flowchart, I took it as the skeleton stock is the same as a thumbhole stock by definition. Can anyone confirm this?

Ak47owner
01-26-2009, 4:32 PM
All saiga 12s and other mag fed semi auto shotguns need BBs! and yes you must be 922r compliant when unsporterizing.

please read the original post, the weapon in question is not a 12g but a 7.62x39..

Now for Mike 4 to answer your question alls you need is a fixed mag if you are going for that stock.

mvpatriot
01-26-2009, 4:36 PM
please read the original post, the weapon in question is not a 12g but a 7.62x39..

Now for Mike 4 to answer your question alls you need is a fixed mag if you are going for that stock.

Ooops, I swore I read saiga 12 :TFH: you can tell whats been on my mind. The rifle only has to be 922r if you are adding folding/collapsing stocks or other "evil feautures". Use grammatrons spread sheet on thegunwiki. Sorry for stepping on your toes Mr. Ak47owner

mvpatriot
01-26-2009, 4:47 PM
Does it make a difference if its a Saiga factory skeleton stock? Looking at the AW flowchart, I took it as the skeleton stock is the same as a thumbhole stock by definition. Can anyone confirm this?

If it has a thumbhole then you will need a bullet button and you must be 922r compliant when you install it.
At that point you might as well just pony up for the conversion or do it yourself.

Mike-4
01-26-2009, 5:15 PM
Thanks for all the help guys but I'm getting mixed signals. AK47owner says maglock and I'm good to go. MVPatriot say I need to be 922r compliant. ??

Just to be clear, its a x39 rifle, with a factory Saiga skeleton stock. Thanks for all your help guys!

mvpatriot
01-26-2009, 6:01 PM
Just clarify if said "skeleton stock" is a PG/thumbhole stock, you are unsporterizing and need to be 922r.

Nitroman
01-26-2009, 6:06 PM
Does it have a pistol grip? If so then it needs a mag lock. Does it have a thumbhole stock? If so then it needs a mag lock. Does it have a skeleton stock that may be "construed" as a thumbhole stock type thingie? If so then it needs a mag lock. Just get a mag lock and call it good. It's $40 worth of piece of mind.

Rich :)