PDA

View Full Version : One less place in San Diego that will do PPT for OLL's..

missiontrails
01-26-2009, 3:12 PM
Walked into Discount Gun Mart today with another Calgun member to transfer an assembled Kaiser Lower, and they treated it like it was a suitcase leaking plutonium. The guy at the counter took the lower to the back room to show it to someone, and then walked back out and said "we can't touch this, this is an assault weapn because of the pistol grip and Magpul stock.". In the meantime, they sell 2 different brands of stripped OLL's there (Spikes, and some other brand), and a few weeks ago had a bunch of Bushmaster pre-ban uppers. It was kind of embarrasing, and just by the tone the guy used when he said that made me feel like I was full on breaking the law. Let's see... guy in dress clothes and a tie walks in with a OLL and want's to transfer it to a retired Highway Patrolman... let's make them feel like criminals. So we all drove to Socal Gun to do the transfer instead, EASY. I also bought a Armscorp AK47/22 while I was in there, $289, I could not resist. Also bought a Smith & Wesson M&P15 stripped AR lower just to keep.

RobT2K
01-26-2009, 3:18 PM
Which SoCal gun did you go to? The one in LaMesa?

missiontrails
01-26-2009, 3:20 PM
Yes, La Mesa.

ohsmily
01-26-2009, 3:26 PM
Well, that is ridiculous. It is one thing for them to have a policy against transferring those, it is another for them to spread bull**** FUD. As you know, it is NOT an AW until you attach a centerfire upper without a magazine locking device on the lower.

USMC Tanker
01-26-2009, 3:33 PM
I H-A-T-E Discount Gun Mart.

shark92651
01-26-2009, 3:50 PM
I wonder where they could get that idea...

From the OLL FAQ posted on Calguns
(Remember: a bare AR or AK lower with a pistol grip and/or a folding, telescoping or thumbhole stock is an assault weapon.

That FAQ is three years old now. Should it be updated?

ke6guj
01-26-2009, 4:41 PM
I also bought a Armscorp AK47/22 while I was in there, $289, I could not resist. Also bought a Smith & Wesson M&P15 stripped AR lower just to keep.One thing to do to show a store that has upset you and lost your business is to fax in copies of receipts for sales that they lost.

I've known guys that have done that were high dollar customers at stores (not gun shops, but other hobbies) and were treated bad. Every time they'd buy something elsewhere, they'd fax over the receipt iwth a little note like "this could have been your sales if you guys hadn't been dicks". After a couple months of getting those notes, one of the stores stepped up to the plate and fixed the problem.

Crazed_SS
01-26-2009, 4:42 PM
They transfer lowers.. I know because I sold them mine like a year ago..

They just err on the side of caution when it comes to an assembled lower with an open magwell and pistol grip. Im assuming this lower had a BB or Maglock on it.. why not just slap a mag in real quick and save yourself some hassle?

Gator Monroe
01-26-2009, 4:50 PM
And for $90.00 more you coulda got a Real AKM (WASR 22) at Martin B. Retting Guns (Culver City Ca.) insted of the Armscor POS 22 ?:chris:

missiontrails
01-26-2009, 4:56 PM
The lower had a Radlock. The Armscor looked and felt well made, but today after buying it I have read some negative comments. Seriously, the .22 had a nice finished quality to it, and it was "tight." At some point did they change the manufacturing process for these? Also, the model is AK47/22, not MAK22. I was by no means shopping for a .22, but I just could not put it down.

Gator Monroe
01-26-2009, 5:16 PM
The lower had a Radlock. The Armscor looked and felt well made, but today after buying it I have read some negative comments. Seriously, the .22 had a nice finished quality to it, and it was "tight." At some point did they change the manufacturing process for these? Also, the model is AK47/22, not MAK22. I was by no means shopping for a .22, but I just could not put it down.

Unless it's for a 11 year old (Switch the deal for the Armscor and get anything else ,even a new 10/22 with Plastic fantastic trigger guard & potmetal internals ) see if they can get you the WASR 22 from one of the usuial sources in SGN(SHOTGUN NEWS) or from MBR in culver... change the deal quick (Just go on Gunbroker & see all the Armscor AK22's for sale)

missiontrails
01-26-2009, 5:41 PM
I have also read that if you run regular .22LR though the Armscor you are guaranteed to have trouble. That gun is designed for 22 High Velocity rounds, otherwise it will not cycle reliably. The WASR 22 is supposed to work with regular .22LR.

USN CHIEF
01-26-2009, 5:49 PM
Well, I know the owner is a member here, so hopefully he will jump on this thread and clarify **** for us. Seriously, if they are going to continue with their non sense crap, I will personally stop buying from them, to which I have already spent about 7k dollars there and have referred hundreds of Sailors and friends there.

missiontrails
01-26-2009, 5:58 PM
Yes, and what DGM did not know is that I had $2000 cash in my pocket from the sale of that rifle that I fully intended on spending on at least one new hand gun right then, but since they sent us packing, Socal Gun was the shop that was able to pry a chunk of that cash out of my pocket today.

taloft
01-26-2009, 6:17 PM
I thought the La Mesa location had been closed. Did you by chance go to the Kearny Mesa location? There is a shop called Fine Firearms right next to where the old La Mesa So. Cal. Guns was located. I'm only curious as to which you went to because I wasn't aware that Fine Firearms dealt with Oll's.

EZ G
01-26-2009, 6:20 PM
"I thought the La Mesa location had been closed. Did you by chance go to the Kearny Mesa location? There is a shop called Fine Firearms right next to where the old La Mesa So. Cal. Guns was located. I'm only curious as to which you went to because I wasn't aware that Fine Firearms dealt with Oll's."

I know they are closed and have been for a while. I was thinking fine firearms/la mesa collectibles as well.

motorhead
01-26-2009, 7:04 PM
dgm seems to have their own aw criteria.
i could spend all day in fine firearms. so much cool stuff, so little money.

TKM
01-26-2009, 7:42 PM
I thought the La Mesa location had been closed. Did you by chance go to the Kearny Mesa location? There is a shop called Fine Firearms right next to where the old La Mesa So. Cal. Guns was located. I'm only curious as to which you went to because I wasn't aware that Fine Firearms dealt with Oll's.

shootin' nuke is a member here who works at Fine Firearms (mostly Saturdays). Nice guy, likes 10mm and black rifles. Despite his best efforts OLL's are a no-go at the shop. They are putting in a section of LE goodies though. So they've got that going for them, which is nice.

I've done business at Fine Firearms and I have to give them a thumbs up. They've got a lot of really neat stuff in there.

devildog999
01-26-2009, 7:56 PM
I'm getting sick of these shops that think we are breaking the law. For the love of god, if you work at or own a FFL, you should know what the actual laws are FFS!

Crazed_SS
01-26-2009, 8:11 PM
I'm getting sick of these shops that think we are breaking the law. For the love of god, if you work at or own a FFL, you should know what the actual laws are FFS!

Meh, I think you guys are being too hard on DGM.

As was pointed out in this thread, the prevailing opinion on calguns just awhile ago was that a built lower with pistol grip and open magwell was an AW and now that opinion has changed. Just because DGM doesnt not agree with the latest calguns interpretation of the law, does not mean everyone has to go badmouthing them and threatening a boycott.

missiontrails
01-26-2009, 8:27 PM
Oops, I meant the Kearny Mesa Socal Gun location. La Mesa has been closed for a couple of years.

cmaynes
01-26-2009, 8:35 PM
not to be out of my lane, but if anyone in the forum who actually does work at a gunshop, could give an idea of their current ATF interactions it might be helpful... I have heard from some vendors I work with that they are making things hard for dealers the past few months... (mainly in class-3 land, but I think in normal consumer channels as well...).

Gator Monroe
01-27-2009, 8:28 AM
The FUD is deep from FFL's at times (my favorite is the Only ones with welded shut magwells or sealed from factory without ability to change or service/swap out mag black rifles are kosher and OLL's with open magwells are verbotten ...:chris:

tmuller
01-27-2009, 9:22 AM
I H-A-T-E Discount Gun Mart.

Me too.

As was pointed out in this thread, the prevailing opinion on calguns just awhile ago was that a built lower with pistol grip and open magwell was an AW and now that opinion has changed. Just because DGM doesnt not agree with the latest calguns interpretation of the law, does not mean everyone has to go badmouthing them and threatening a boycott.

I understand your point but I think the problem is primarily with the attitude, at least it is for me. I have never been treated like a customer there only an annoyance, even though I've spent over $1200 on one purchase once. This was the last time I ever bought anything from them. I am just fine ith stores having their own policy but the rude attitude and know it all behavior from DGM is unacceptable to me.

tmuller
01-27-2009, 9:27 AM
BTW, SoCal guns on Convoy is one of the best FFL's I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

BONECUTTER
01-27-2009, 9:35 AM

"(Remember: a bare AR or AK lower with a pistol grip and/or a folding, telescoping or thumbhole stock is an assault weapon."

Agreed....unless there is something we are kept out of the loop on. :TFH:

Oh darn.... I hear dems black helicopters a comming. :eek:

AR-1904
01-27-2009, 5:29 PM
I was at American Shooting Center on Saturday to do a transfer on a Mini 14 I was selling. While I was waiting for the buyer to show up, I overheard a conversation between the guy at the indoor range desk and a customer. It went something like this:

"Blah, blah, blah. All Ar15s are illegal in CA. The mag lock makes it compliant, but not CA legal. Blah, blah, blah."

I wanted to interject and let the customer know the truth, but I had business to conduct and didn't want to start a fight.

Once my buyer showed up, we stood at the counter for 10 minutes without the clerk(not the AR guy) even looking at us. He was helping another customer, but we didn't get so much as a 'I'll be right with you'. When I finally did get his attention, he said he was too busy to help us and we should go to Turner's to do the transfer. He waited 10-15 f-ing minutes to tell us that. Now I wish I had told the FUD guy to knock off the BS about ARs.

AND, they had a nice FN Browning A5 I was going to buy while I was there. Now, f*ck 'em!

Gator Monroe
01-27-2009, 5:41 PM
Somthing is up (Like a secret FFL only message went out that if you wish to not be hasseled /Keep your FFL/ BE on the good side of those who can shut you down you must be Anti-OLL and convince as many newbs and unknowing individuials as you can that the OLL movement is Illegal and dangerous)

Timmay
01-27-2009, 5:48 PM
BTW, SoCal guns on Convoy is one of the best FFL's I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

+1
I make a point to spend all my money there. You can walk into that shop and just look at guns for hours and then get into a conversation about killing zombies. Great people. I bought my lowers from them, all 4.

PolishMike
01-27-2009, 5:52 PM
DGM has never wanted to transfer OLLs for me. That being said, I went to Socal gun a few weeks ago and they would not do a lower with bullet button (but they will sell you one).

I go to Royal Loan/Pawn for transfers in San Diego. They have been great to me.

lrdchivalry
01-27-2009, 7:22 PM

Well the one and only time I was there they had a very haughty attitude and when discussing OLL's with their gunsmith he tried to tell me that a BB or prince50 was illegal and the only way to have legal rifle was to permantely pin the magazine to the mag well. They were following the underground regulation that the DOJ tried to institute. When I challenged him on the law he went off on the rant about how he is an expert witness and how I would go to prison. When I started to explain the law and how he was wrong he stopped talking and walked away.

It's funny. They sell stripped lowers yet will tell you that your going to prison if you build a rifle out the lower you just bought from them.

It's one store that will not get my business. I even tell my LEO buddies to stay away.

ENTHUSIAST
01-27-2009, 7:52 PM
I was at American Shooting Center on Saturday to do a transfer on a Mini 14 I was selling. While I was waiting for the buyer to show up, I overheard a conversation between the guy at the indoor range desk and a customer. It went something like this:

"Blah, blah, blah. All Ar15s are illegal in CA. The mag lock makes it compliant, but not CA legal. Blah, blah, blah."

I wanted to interject and let the customer know the truth, but I had business to conduct and didn't want to start a fight.

Once my buyer showed up, we stood at the counter for 10 minutes without the clerk(not the AR guy) even looking at us. He was helping another customer, but we didn't get so much as a 'I'll be right with you'. When I finally did get his attention, he said he was too busy to help us and we should go to Turner's to do the transfer. He waited 10-15 f-ing minutes to tell us that. Now I wish I had told the FUD guy to knock off the BS about ARs.

AND, they had a nice FN Browning A5 I was going to buy while I was there. Now, f*ck 'em!

I went in there today to see their $199. KD Lowers that include a BB and was watching them fud two old couples buying pistols and I wanted to PUKE it seemed like they were used car sales men preying on the elderly! :CREEPY:

Then it is my turn and I say "Oh so you sell Lowers to civilians now huh?" They say "yep."

Joking around I said so will you be selling uppers to us civilians now TOO!!! :rolleyes:

I **** you NOT the red headed pudgy short guy with the scragly beard says "Maybe... we are still talking it over w/ ???... but probably NOT! Besides you cant get them, right now anyway!"

Wow these :censored: believe their own BS as it drips from their lips.

Then I asked whos idea it was to sell lowers then... no response.

Somthing is up (Like a secret FFL only message went out that if you wish to not be hasseled /Keep your FFL/ BE on the good side of those who can shut you down you must be Anti-OLL and convince as many newbs and unknowing individuials as you can that the OLL movement is Illegal and dangerous)

TRUE.

GMG
01-27-2009, 8:10 PM
I think it's all about the sales person.

SoCalGuns...Called about there Kaiser OLL'S, good price at the time, asked how much for 2. Still a great price until he told me that would be + 2 BB'S. @ $25 ea. Told him I already had BB'S for them, didn't make a difference.

Called DGM good price, bought from them, didn't have to buy BB'S from them.

When I picked up the OLL'S from DROS bought a Para LTC. When I picked up my Para from DROS I bought another OLL + a 10/22.

Happy customer!

Ask for Colby if you go in there.

AR-1904
01-27-2009, 8:31 PM
I **** you NOT, the red headed pudgy short guy with the scragly beard says "Maybe... we are still talking it over w/ ???... but probably NOT! Besides you cant get them, right now anyway!"

That was the @sshole that ignored me.

STAGE 2
01-27-2009, 8:44 PM
I went in there today to see their $199. KD Lowers that include a BB and was watching them fud two old couples buying pistols and I wanted to PUKE it seemed like they were used car sales men preying on the elderly! :CREEPY:

Then it is my turn and I say "Oh so you sell Lowers to civilians now huh?" They say "yep."

Joking around I said so will you be selling uppers to us civilians now TOO!!! :rolleyes:

I **** you NOT the red headed pudgy short guy with the scragly beard says "Maybe... we are still talking it over w/ ???... but probably NOT! Besides you cant get them, right now anyway!"

Wow these :censored: believe their own BS as it drips from their lips.

Then I asked whos idea it was to sell lowers then... no response.

TRUE.

I hate ASC. All of their employees are incompetent, especially that stupid asian chick who is some tacticool wanabe. It takes all of my restraint to not explain to her why wearing two watches on the same arm makes her look ridiculous.

bubbapug1
01-27-2009, 8:52 PM
Heartbreak city...you sold the bad a-s AR didn't you??

hooookup
01-27-2009, 8:57 PM
Ive had my fair share of problems with Discount Gun Mart. They refused to sell my a handgun one time because the address on my drivers license didn't match the address on my utility bill. Walked into So Cal Guns and bought a HK USP .40 without any problems. They laughed when I told them my story and said they hear similar tales all the time. It seems as if the owner of DGM could care less that his employees, especially Colby, are rude to customers and continue to push business away. Ive really tried to give DGM the benefit of the doubt, but the more I go in there I see that place for what it really is. Does anyone else find it ironic that these kinds of posts keep popping up from time to time? Can't remember the last time I saw a negative post about So Cal Guns.... For what it's worth, So Cal Guns has earned my business. They actually give a **** about their customers and will go above and beyond to make sure you are satisfied.

Linh
01-27-2009, 9:04 PM
With their attitude on OLL I was surprised that they were even selling them.

ohsmily
01-27-2009, 9:14 PM
Ive had my fair share of problems with Discount Gun Mart. They refused to sell my a handgun one time because the address on my drivers license didn't match the address on my utility bill. Walked into So Cal Guns and bought a HK USP .40 without any problems. They laughed when I told them my story and said they hear similar tales all the time. It seems as if the owner of DGM could care less that his employees, especially Colby, are rude to customers and continue to push business away. Ive really tried to give DGM the benefit of the doubt, but the more I go in there I see that place for what it really is. Does anyone else find it ironic that these kinds of posts keep popping up from time to time? Can't remember the last time I saw a negative post about So Cal Guns.... For what it's worth, So Cal Guns has earned my business. They actually give a **** about their customers and will go above and beyond to make sure you are satisfied.

You sound like a VERY difficult customer. I have NEVER heard ANYONE say Colby was rude.

Also, it might be that if you have a DL with the wrong address on it, then you may need two separate proofs of residency to support it. Not sure on this one, but it stands to reason because when buying a long gun only requires an identification with a current address on it and if it isn't current, you need to provide something else like car reg to support it. Thus, when buying a handgun, with a DL with an address that doesn't match the proof of residence, you would need the proof of residence to satisfy the handgun proof of residency requirement and an additional one to support the DL with the wrong address on it.

hooookup
01-27-2009, 9:35 PM
You sound like a VERY difficult customer. I have NEVER heard ANYONE say Colby was rude.

Also, it might be that if you have a DL with the wrong address on it, then you may need two separate proofs of residency to support it. Not sure on this one, but it stands to reason because when buying a long gun only requires an identification with a current address on it and if it isn't current, you need to provide something else like car reg to support it. Thus, when buying a handgun, with a DL with an address that doesn't match the proof of residence, you would need the proof of residence to satisfy the handgun proof of residency requirement and an additional one to support the DL with the wrong address on it.

Colby has been rude to me in the past, prior to him working at DGM when he was Turner he was rude to me. I'm far from a difficult customer. Im easy like Sunday morning.
The only guy at DGM i'll deal with is Patrick. He's the best of the bunch and a classact to boot.

ohsmily
01-27-2009, 9:44 PM
Colby has been rude to me in the past, prior to him working at DGM when he was Turner he was rude to me. I'm far from a difficult customer. Im easy like Sunday morning.
The only guy at DGM i'll deal with is Patrick. He's the best of the bunch and a classact to boot.

Specifically, how was he rude? He likes to sell guns, a lot of them. Rudeness doesn't help him do that. So, what did he do besides ask for more forms of ID when your addresses didn't match?

ENTHUSIAST
01-27-2009, 10:21 PM

Colby was rude... I have seen it on a few occassions. There it has been said again. I am also an EASY going guy...to a point.

+1 Amen brother, well it looks like now EVERYDAY can be a NICE and HAPPY day to buy guns as it appears Patrick has found a place that appreciates customer service skills...

In his own words:
"My goal is to make California Police Equipment the best Gun Shop in San Diego."
-Patrick
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=1958149#post1958149

Did I mention we are about to have to add another one to the list of OLL friendly dealers...? :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

hooookup
01-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Specifically, how was he rude? He likes to sell guns, a lot of them. Rudeness doesn't help him do that. So, what did he do besides ask for more forms of ID when your addresses didn't match?

Colby wasn't the one who asked for more forms of id but thanks for asking.

I'm glad to see that Patrick is working at CPE&S! Patrick is a wealth of knowledge and an all around great guy. He's gone above and beyond for me in the past and he treated my wife with the utmost respect when helping her pick out a handgun.

Dollar
01-27-2009, 11:33 PM
since were on the topic of ffls/shops/etc in San Diego, where would be the best ffl to arrange to transfer/recieve a firearm out of county from?

ENTHUSIAST
01-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Welcome to the forum Dollar,

In SD county I always recommend for great prices and service calling:

Gusslers
Santee, CA 92071

Phone# 619-258-2543

Don Gussler is one of the MOST knowledgable FFL in town call and let him know what you need before you drive down as he is a Gunsmith and works by appointment ONLY.

Or if you are closer to downtown SD Call Patrick @

California Police Equipment (http://www.capoliceequip.com/)
San Diego, CA 92105

Phone# 619-280-1199

MAC USMC
01-27-2009, 11:54 PM
I will miss PATRICK since he has left DGM. He was always polite, helpful and quite knowledgeable. I always tried to access him for assistance and noticed I was one of many who did so. He was always worth the wait. He was one of the few at DGM who seemed to enjoy his job. The atmosphere there always seems uptight among the staff. Not a shop to take your wife, mother or girlfriend. Too much profanity and anti-female attitudes. Supervision of the range and safety suffers due to the staff being swamped. I'll drive on up to El Cajon and Marlborough (Cal. Police Equip.) when I need gun stuff or accurate info, etc.

01-28-2009, 5:04 AM
It was the reverse for me...

Doing a PP transfer of a stripped lower...

Walked into SOCAL..."we don't do that."

Walked into Turner's..."we can't touch that."

Walked into DGM...first guy, "can I help you?"...walks away and helps some guy browsing...

second guy, very helpful...good to go...

tmuller
01-28-2009, 6:51 AM
I have NEVER heard ANYONE say Colby was rude.

He's been rude to me before. I bought a rifle from the guy a week before($1200) and when I returned to the store for another possible purchase he was behind the counter bsing with another employee(not Patrick). I was in a hurry on lunch so I stood right at the counter and looked at the two and listened to them talking about another customer(granted a bonehead) for about 2min. After no glance over I grunted and said "Colby" he glanced over in my direction(I gave a head nod) hedid not respond at all and simply started chatting up again with the other employee. I turned around and walked out never to return.

A big +1 on Gussler for transfers...he's the best.

Dollar
01-28-2009, 9:37 AM
thanks for the advice on Gusslers, Ill keep him and CPE in mind.

jcruzer619
01-28-2009, 7:02 PM
shootin' nuke is a member here who works at Fine Firearms (mostly Saturdays). Nice guy, likes 10mm and black rifles. Despite his best efforts OLL's are a no-go at the shop. They are putting in a section of LE goodies though. So they've got that going for them, which is nice.

I've done business at Fine Firearms and I have to give them a thumbs up. They've got a lot of really neat stuff in there.

+10

missiontrails
01-28-2009, 7:59 PM
My wife bought her Glock 17 2 weeks ago from California Police Equipment without my assistance, and her response was "the guy in there who helped me was cool." I understand that as of the first of the year that place is under new ownership. Apparently the son of the man who owns it, who was also the guy who helped my wife, is a SDPD officer.

missiontrails
01-28-2009, 8:01 PM
And yes, it was the BAD A?! AR that I sold. I just ordered the ingredients for a new one, including a Smith Wesson M&P15 lower that I bought from Socal Gun.

markw
01-28-2009, 9:11 PM
thanks for the advice on Gusslers, Ill keep him and CPE in mind.

Just did my DROS paperwork there tonight. Really nice guy. Has a nice machine shop setup in the garage. He's retired navy and enjoys his commute. :)

Dollar
01-28-2009, 11:29 PM
oh ya, I forgot to ask. How is Royal Loan when it comes to ffl transfers from private parties (lower recievers or full rifles)?

223andme
01-30-2009, 10:24 AM
He's been rude to me before. I bought a rifle from the guy a week before($1200) and when I returned to the store for another possible purchase he was behind the counter bsing with another employee(not Patrick). I was in a hurry on lunch so I stood right at the counter and looked at the two and listened to them talking about another customer(granted a bonehead) for about 2min. After no glance over I grunted and said "Colby" he glanced over in my direction(I gave a head nod) hedid not respond at all and simply started chatting up again with the other employee. I turned around and walked out never to return.

A big +1 on Gussler for transfers...he's the best.

Are you sure it was Colby? I have NEVER EVER seen him be rude to anyone. He is very busy, but worth the wait in my opinion. I always ask for him and he's the reason I go to Discount Gun Mart. He's always been very knowledgable and professional when Iv'e been there.

tmuller
01-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Are you sure it was Colby? I have NEVER EVER seen him be rude to anyone. He is very busy, but worth the wait in my opinion. I always ask for him and he's the reason I go to Discount Gun Mart. He's always been very knowledgable and professional when Iv'e been there.

Yes, and I disagree with the latter part of your statement. Just my opinion

Gator Monroe
01-30-2009, 12:30 PM
I hope you were able to Return the Armscor POS AK22 .

missiontrails
01-30-2009, 1:04 PM
Don't want to return it, it's a nice rifle, at least in appearance. Like I said earlier, the people who run normal 22LR through it do have problems. It you run 22LR High Velocity through it, it will cycle like it should, and that's why "USE ONLY 22 HIGH VELOCITY AMMUNITION" is stamped on the side of the reciever. Besides, the ONLY other semi-auto 22's that I have seen sitting on the shelf here in San Diego are the Walther G22 and Ruger 10/22.

GenLee
01-30-2009, 1:11 PM
Guy's, in San Diego it all about Gusslers. Non of the BS. Always good conversation. Never any BS, Did I mention non of the BS? Really. NO BS.

tmuller
01-30-2009, 2:34 PM
Guy's, in San Diego it all about Gusslers. Non of the BS. Always good conversation. Never any BS, Did I mention non of the BS? Really. NO BS.

Agreed. However, if you want a large selection of consignment and new firearms AND good customer service I still believe SoCal is the best bet.

PolishMike
01-30-2009, 3:13 PM
Besides, the ONLY other semi-auto 22's that I have seen sitting on the shelf here in San Diego are the Walther G22 and Ruger 10/22.

There is a GSG hanging on the wall at Royal L/P right now..

Gator Monroe
01-31-2009, 3:44 PM
Don't want to return it, it's a nice rifle, at least in appearance. Like I said earlier, the people who run normal 22LR through it do have problems. It you run 22LR High Velocity through it, it will cycle like it should, and that's why "USE ONLY 22 HIGH VELOCITY AMMUNITION" is stamped on the side of the reciever. Besides, the ONLY other semi-auto 22's that I have seen sitting on the shelf here in San Diego are the Walther G22 and Ruger 10/22.

Uh , ok if you say so , but for $90.00 more you could have a "Real" AKM in rimfire but hey I guess that if your not an AK person you would not know the difference ...:sleeping:

missiontrails
01-31-2009, 4:12 PM
Yes, I am definately not an AK person. There are no WASR's in stores here in San Diego anyway, and it's not worth going through the brain damage to ship a $350 rifle. So my $280 Armscor will PLINK just fine. Again, why would the WASR shoot better? Not that it makes a big difference on a .22, but the barrel of the Armscor is 2" longer.

Gator Monroe
01-31-2009, 4:31 PM
Enjoy your Armscor POS 22 .:thumbsup:

jlitt619
01-31-2009, 4:31 PM
where in SD can i do a ppt on a complete lower. called both so cal and dgm both said they wont do it

missiontrails
01-31-2009, 4:52 PM
DGM did mine, maybe because I bought it there already assembled. Maybe they only assist their own prior customers who purchased OLL's there with PPT's.

missiontrails
01-31-2009, 4:58 PM
Gator, seriously, you are spending WAY too much time and energy knocking my .22 rifle. You NEVER did answer my question, why does a WASR shoot better than the Armscor (when used with High Velocity ammo)? I don't want your opinion about how cool you think you are because you may own a $350 .22 AKM. And by the way, maybe you can convince the army of some foreignn country that a .22 AKM is "REAL." Dude, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but no .22LR is "real" military grade equipment. Are you an airsoft guy?

Gator Monroe
01-31-2009, 5:03 PM
My Rifle can be built into 7.62X39 WITH LESS THAN $200.00 worth of parts (Barrel, Gas Piston & carrier/bolt...) with WASR 22 reciever ! :eek:

Gator Monroe
01-31-2009, 5:06 PM
Gator, seriously, you are spending WAY too much time and energy knocking my .22 rifle. You NEVER did answer my question, why does a WASR shoot better than the Armscor (when used with High Velocity ammo)? I don't want your opinion about how cool you think you are because you may own a $350 .22 AKM.

You should have done your Research /Homework and took notice of the POS in Armscor POS 22 . bUT HEY IT'S ONLY MONEY :thumbsup:

missiontrails
01-31-2009, 5:15 PM
So your argument is that the Armscor is inferior because I can't convert it to 7.62x39? I bought it because it's a .22, I already own a M1A and an AR. So, being that I have NO intention of converting it to 7.62, why does the WASR shoot better than the Armscor? Answer, it probably does not, and the Armscor may even shoot better (with the correct ammo) because it was designed as a .22 rifle, and the barrel is 2" longer.

CSACANNONEER
01-31-2009, 5:23 PM
OK, the WASR22 is an AK style rifle. The Armscor is a rifle that loosely resembles an AK. The Armscors are extremely difficult to work on and are much more complicated than the WASRs. As far as converting a WASR22 to centerfire, that would be the least of my concerns. After all, I bought my centerfire WASR for less than I paid for my WASR22. So, why would I want to convert it? As long as you are happy with your rifle, it is fine for you. Personally, just a couple of months ago, I passed on two pretty beat Armscor AR rifles (same mechanics as the AK) for $65 each because, I know what a PITA they are to work on. IMO, the WARS is more reliable and authentic. But again, to each his own. As long as both of you are happy with your rifles, don't put down the other guy's gun. Instead, have a shoot off at a range half way between the two of you.

Dan_K
03-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Dollar,

In SD county I always recommend for great prices and service calling:

Gusslers
Santee, CA 92071

Phone# 619-258-2543

Don Gussler is one of the MOST knowledgable FFL in town call and let him know what you need before you drive down as he is a Gunsmith and works by appointment ONLY.

Or if you are closer to downtown SD Call Patrick @

California Police Equipment (http://www.capoliceequip.com/)
San Diego, CA 92105

Phone# 619-280-1199
+1 on Gusslers. It's too bad he doesn't sell anything, he would have a lot more business.

Jicko
03-04-2009, 1:03 PM

+1 ... +1000

Either to update it or to remove it.... to a certain extend... some of the info in there is FUD :p

92se-r
04-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Anyone know if Gussler is WASR friendly?

lrdchivalry
04-20-2009, 8:56 AM
oh ya, I forgot to ask. How is Royal Loan when it comes to ffl transfers from private parties (lower recievers or full rifles)?

I was in Royal Loan about three weeks ago to do a PPT on a complete Stag-15 with BB. I was told they would only do the PPT if I stripped the lower. When I mentioned that the rifle was legal they didn't care. Next stop, California Police Equipment, wouldn't touch it. Final stop, American Shooting Center, PPT done in 15 minutes.

Mazilla
04-20-2009, 9:11 AM
LOL, when somebody at DGM is rude to me(has happened a couple of time) I just get really pushy and get in their face. Wanna ignore me? I'm going to butt into your conversation until you answer my question. I dont let any retailer push me around ever.

Dingotech
04-20-2009, 8:42 PM
I've had mixed results at DGM- sometimes they're helpful and other times, even when the place is empty, they're total doucheweasels. I won't go there anymore. SoCal Guns, Iron Sights, Duncan's and even Turners have been far more accomodating.

xfilterx
04-20-2009, 9:19 PM
National Police Supply in Vista gets my business 100% of the time. Sean and his wife Deb run the place and they are hands down the best people to deal with when it comes to firearms. Class act business and first rate customer service. Higly recommended. I refuse to go anywhere else.

dasmi
04-20-2009, 9:22 PM
I don't go to DGM or ASC any more. Can't deal with them. It's SoCal or Royal Loan, or Hi-pass for me. Kinda bummed SoCal La Mesa closed though.

slick_711
04-20-2009, 9:30 PM
I don't go to DGM or ASC any more. Can't deal with them. It's SoCal or Royal Loan, or Hi-pass for me. Kinda bummed SoCal La Mesa closed though.

lol @ preferring SoCal's shady business practices to DGM or ASC.

dasmi
04-20-2009, 9:31 PM
Where did I say anything about business practices? I didn't specify why I don't go to ASC or DGM, but if you want, I will. Attitude for DGM, almost everyone there is a dick*, and distance and price for ASC.

*Except Patrick, who was always helpful and friendly. Too bad he doesn't work there anymore.

PolishMike
04-20-2009, 9:32 PM
I go to DGM all the time. Big +1 from me ;)