PDA

View Full Version : Private Property Question

devildog999
01-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey gents, my sisters boyfriends' family literally owns several thousand acres in Simi Valley area (actually next to wear they filmed Little House on the Praire). My question is, what are the laws regarding hunting coyotes on said private property? Or are there any? Does there have to be a good reason to hunt them and do you still need a license on the private property? Thanks

QuickOnTheDraw
01-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Hey gents, my sisters boyfriends' family literally owns several thousand acres in Simi Valley area (actually next to wear they filmed Little House on the Praire). My question is, what are the laws regarding hunting coyotes on said private property? Or are there any? Does there have to be a good reason to hunt them and do you still need a license on the private property? Thanks

In California a hunting license is required to hunt coyote. Some states do not require a license. Coyote are considered nongame mammals and can be taken at anytime.

Rumpled
01-26-2009, 1:31 AM
Check with the county for shooting area maps or regulations.
Simi is in VC right?
LA County and SAn Berdoo County both have maps that are about 10-15 years old showing where you can hunt and shoot.
Riverside Co I think has zones spelled out in their code.
Don't know about VC.