PDA

View Full Version : Maximum age to join Marines?

Fuzzy5
01-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Does anyone here know what the max age is to enter the Corps? I'm 35 and have been thinking about giving it another shot. I know they were granting an age waiver to a 31-year old when I first tried.

Corbin Dallas
01-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Too old.

If you have your degree you can get into DEA/FBI/CIA or any of the non-discript letter agencies.

Max age for US customs is 37, Border Patrol 40, CHP 35.

Act now before it's too late.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/f/faqenlage.htm

Darklyte27
01-25-2009, 2:50 PM
I believe it was 35, When I was in, there was a guy that was about 34 yrs old or so and said that he wanted to do something different and get in before it was too late...

Desert_Rat
01-25-2009, 3:18 PM
Does anyone here know what the max age is to enter the Corps? I'm 35 and have been thinking about giving it another shot. I know they were granting an age waiver to a 31-year old when I first tried.

A little off topic but,,,,
When I was in Recruit training @ MCRD San Deigo I Remember clearly The day when we were dropped off to our training Drill Instructors.After we sat
AtoB Indian style for what seemed like an hour,our legs fell asleep and barely worked.The Drill Instructors started yelling "get on line",running throughus and slinging gear,and only a few of us knew what to do.In the midst of this engineered confusion I remember this OLD guy laying on the deck crying out loud "I made a mistake,I wanna go home!!"I had to jump(that is flop)over him to get out of the way of the Drill Instructors.
I was 17 in 1994 when this happened,I later found out that he was 27.

Sorry for the long story,The age question reminded me of this.
As I think back I Laugh at the things I did and saw while in the Corps.If you can get in You won't regret it,I don't.
Desert Rat