PDA

View Full Version : HI ALL! GLAD I FOUND YA!

rickdobbins
01-24-2009, 2:16 PM
My name is Rick and I'm unfortunate to be a GUNLOVER and live in Kalifornia.

But, the weather is nice. I grew up in Oceanside, south of Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, and can remember my Dad dropping me off in the hills of Carlsbad to shoot my .22 all day. I could go all the way to the ocean and not run into anyone. In 1969, when I was 15 years old, with my Rem. .270 over the hill in the middle of Oceanside to a police shooting range and shooting by myself all day. Alas, those days are gone!!

But I could go on and on about how crappy this state has become. But it appears we have a similar voice here. I'm enjoying reading all the threads.

I'm trying to get as many weapons as I can before Joebama makes it a crime to own a BB gun.

Looking for a semi-auto tactical 12 ga. And why am I told Ruger's "The Judge" and the LCP aren't legal in KA?

Rick

Turbinator
01-24-2009, 5:54 PM
Is the Judge on the CA roster of certified handguns for sale? Same with the LCP? If not - then the gun is not legal for sale by a dealer. A private party who already owns one, and wishes to sell, could do a PPT at a dealer, though. If you are moving here from out of state, you could also personally import these handguns for personal use (not resale) legally. There is a voluntary form you can fill out to get these and any other non-AW handguns in your name should you opt to do this. As it appears you have been living in CA all your life, your best bet is to either wait for the non-rosterable frame (NRF) strategy to play out, or to get one from a private party and do the transfer at a dealer.

Welcome to calguns, it's a great place.

Turby

Turbinator
01-24-2009, 5:54 PM
Oh, and Taurus makes the Judge, not Ruger.

Turby

rickdobbins
01-24-2009, 6:24 PM
Oops....I knew that. Thanks for the info!