PDA

View Full Version : Hunting near Silverwood Lake???

5150Marcelo
01-23-2009, 9:37 PM
Looking to go varmint hunting in that area. I have searched for more info on the DFG and the NFS websites but didnt find too much. I did find that it is NOT in Condor territory, as the boundry is the 15 freeway in that area (lead ammo ok!), and it is NOT shotgun only area according to the BLM "shotgun only" maps.

Anyone hunt this area in peticular? Can I hunt this area? Any info you can share with me? Let me know. I wanna hunt coyotes there. Thanks

parcours
01-23-2009, 9:52 PM
Looking to go varmint hunting in that area. I have searched for more info on the DFG and the NFS websites but didn't find too much. I did find that it is NOT in Condor territory, as the boundary is the 15 freeway in that area (lead ammo ok!), and it is NOT shotgun only area according to the BLM "shotgun only" maps.

Anyone hunt this area in particular? Can I hunt this area? Any info you can share with me? Let me know. I wanna hunt coyotes there. Thanks

I've been hunting the Miller Canyon area for quite some time. Deer and Turkeys are, I want to say abundant, but maybe not, they're there.

The main problem is OHV. The area in and around Silverwood is designated OHV and hunting.

Miller Canyon get quite a bit of OHV traffic from the 138 side entrance (just past the entrance to SW by ~3 miles) There's an off road staging area which gets busy.

On the hunting topic, I've seen deer, turkeys, quail, coyote's in and around the lake. Some very BIG deer like to live in that area (5x5's).

5150Marcelo
01-23-2009, 9:57 PM
I've been hunting the Miller Canyon area for quite some time. Deer and Turkeys are, I want to say abundant, but maybe not, they're there.

The main problem is OHV. The area in and around Silverwood is designated OHV and hunting.

Miller Canyon get quite a bit of OHV traffic from the 138 side entrance (just past the entrance to SW by ~3 miles) There's an off road staging area which gets busy.

On the hunting topic, I've seen deer, turkeys, quail, coyote's in and around the lake. Some very BIG deer like to live in that area (5x5's).

Nice. Well, I guess id be good then to looky loo for some coyotes then.

5150Marcelo
01-23-2009, 10:05 PM
what do you know about the area just north of the lake, along the California aquaduct?

rino
01-24-2009, 9:49 AM
it a good area, thats all i will say!!!!

Gunaria
01-25-2009, 9:40 PM
You just have to get out and put your patas to the ground. It's has taken me years to find some certain hunting spots.

As for the area you are asking about yes there is hunting there and there is also a mess load of OHV traffic. It would be best to hunt this area during the week days. On the weekends forget it.

jkcerda
02-01-2009, 9:05 PM
You just have to get out and put your patas to the ground. It's has taken me years to find some certain hunting spots.

As for the area you are asking about yes there is hunting there and there is also a mess load of OHV traffic. It would be best to hunt this area during the week days. On the weekends forget it.

how is the area for bowhunting?

professionalcoyotehunter
02-02-2009, 4:41 PM
I have bow hunted and rifle hunted there it is great during the week. Like others have said it has a lot of OHV during the weekend.

jkcerda
02-02-2009, 4:46 PM
I have bow hunted and rifle hunted there it is great during the week. Like others have said it has a lot of OHV during the weekend.

thinking about trying it
do you guide for yotes in there?

professionalcoyotehunter
02-02-2009, 5:14 PM
thinking about trying it
do you guide for yotes in there?

The area is pretty open for bow hunting though. I don't guide in there on weekends at all. It is not worth my time anymore someone will come by and ruin it for us for sure. It never fails. I will take you on a hunt in my area soon.

jkcerda
02-02-2009, 5:53 PM
The area is pretty open for bow hunting though. I don't guide in there on weekends at all. It is not worth my time anymore someone will come by and ruin it for us for sure. It never fails. I will take you on a hunt in my area soon.

sounds awesome:thumbsup: