PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: Daniel Defense/Rainier UltraMatch custom 16" Recon upper

Omega13device
01-23-2009, 9:46 AM
No waiting!

This is a new, unfired, top of the line custom recon upper. I bought it because I needed a 16" upper but ended up getting a different one. It's ready to go, just drop on your red dot optic or scope and you're in business.

Here are the specs:
Daniel Defense M4 Ramped Upper Receiver
Daniel Defense AR15 Lite Rail 12.0
Rainier Arms 16" UltraMatch Stainless Steel Barrel
Vltor Stainless Steel Low Profile Gas Block

From the Rainier Arms web site:
Our UM Series is built with Extreme Accuracy as its primary focus. The backbone of every Rainier UM Upper starts off with a world renown SHILEN made blank. Rainier UM uppers are built using the highest quality components, test fired and ready to go. Guaranteed to shoot SUB-MOA with match grade ammo and should group 1⁄2 MOA.

Here's some detail on the barrel from Rainier Arms:
We wanted to build an AR15 barrel using the finest blank and mass producing them to bring them to you at the most competitive price. Our ultra match barrels start out as Shilen blanks and contoured to our specifications. We wanted the best balance between accuracy while keeping the weight down as much as possible. It also features Shilen’s Ratchet Rifling™ which allows for better bullet travel through wind and easier cleaning.
Features:

Stainless Steel Match Grade Shilen Blank
Length: 16″
Twist: 1:8
.223 Wylde Chamber
Midlength Gas System
Ratchet Rifling™
M4 Feed Ramps
Proprietary Contour
Bead Blasted Finish

Selling for SOLD $1200 plus shipping without BCG or CH, or $1360 with auto BCG and CH. Note that new BCGs alone are selling for $200 these days not including charging handle. Will take discreet PayPal (+3%) or USPS money order only. I'm in the SF Bay Area so if you're local I can meet on the Peninsula from SF to Palo Alto.

Some trades considered:
Millet DMS (2nd gen)
Larue LT-104
Aimpoint Comp M3 2MOA
Aimpoint T1

Gryff
01-23-2009, 1:57 PM
Oh man...if it only had the mil-spec chamber!!! I just don't know enough about the "Wylde" chambering to drop that much cash. Otherwise, the thing is exactly what I'm looking for.

Do you know if the flash hide is permanently attached, or can it be swapped out?

hkdad
01-23-2009, 2:31 PM
Oh man...if it only had the mil-spec chamber!!! I just don't know enough about the "Wylde" chambering to drop that much cash. Otherwise, the thing is exactly what I'm looking for.

Do you know if the flash hide is permanently attached, or can it be swapped out?

i shot 1000+ rounds of 5.56 m193 out of a WYLDE chamber. never had a single problem.

free bump for a nice upper!

TZL
01-23-2009, 2:46 PM
I love my Wylde chambered ARs....never a problem

I must resist the urge to buy yet another AR upper....

Omega13device
01-23-2009, 2:52 PM

http://www.rockriverarms.com/popup.cfm?type=t&id=1

As the above posters noted, Wylde accommodates the use of both .223 and 5.56 NATO ammo. My SPR upper has a Wylde chamber too and I've shot M855 out of it no problem. It's supposed to provide a bit more accuracy than the standard NATO chamber which is why you see it on match barrels. In fact I think a lot of the premium barrel makers use something other than a standard NATO chamber, either Wylde or AMU or something of their own design.

It is not permanently attached. This is a 16" barrel and generally there's no reason to permanently attach unless your barrel is less than 16" and you want to get a 16" overall length.

woodguy
01-23-2009, 3:18 PM
PM Sent!

Agro
01-23-2009, 4:05 PM
That's pretty nice. I'd love it, I just don't have that kinda loot at the moment.

bump though for a nice upper.

Omega13device
01-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Back up for sale, buyer backed out.

Omega13device
01-25-2009, 2:01 PM
BTT

lehn20
01-25-2009, 5:57 PM
wow nice.
I am interested, I will be in Palo Alto first week of Feb.
I will PM you.

TOMBSTONE
01-25-2009, 6:17 PM
Sweet set-up , I will have to wait to pm Tuesday. Thanks...

Omega13device
01-26-2009, 4:56 PM
Sold pending funds. However, you're welcome to get in line in case the deal falls through.

hitteam
01-26-2009, 6:39 PM
I think you have a wrong model of LT-649 sitting behide the LT-129, the 3X magnifier seems like way lower than the red dot. I might be wrong:o

lehn20
01-26-2009, 8:36 PM
too bad.

BlackViper
01-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I will get in line next. If it falls through, PM me (I'm in Bay Area).

JeffM
01-26-2009, 10:21 PM
By "custom" do you mean that you built it from parts, or was this factory built? (and if factory, which one?)

Omega13device
01-27-2009, 3:32 PM
I think you have a wrong model of LT-649 sitting behide the LT-129, the 3X magnifier seems like way lower than the red dot. I might be wrong:o
You may be right...I noticed it too but until your comment I didn't even realize there was a tall and short version of this mount. I bought the mag already mounted. Seems to work fine though.

too bad.
It's not sold yet, still awaiting funds.

I will get in line next. If it falls through, PM me (I'm in Bay Area).
PM sent.

By "custom" do you mean that you built it from parts, or was this factory built? (and if factory, which one?)
It was built by Rainier Arms and is "custom" in that it is not built in a factory from generic parts. Also while this model is built around a specific barrel (16" stainless UltraMatch) you can choose the other parts to suit your tastes, hence the DD receiver, Vltor gas block, etc.