PDA

View Full Version : WTT Custom 7.5 in AR upper for 11 in upper

gunrun45
01-22-2009, 9:12 AM
What I've got:
It started life as a DPMS kitty kat flat top upper (m4 cuts with T-marks) that I bought from PK with a standard AR15 bolt carrier and bolt. Since then it has received a specter forward rail system, Noveske pig break, gas buster charging handle, ARMS rear sight, PMI front sight and Brownells brand rail covers. Trijicon tri power and base not included in offer (see option bellow).

This upper has about 500-700 rounds down the tube and runs like a swiss watch. This upper has been used, but I take care of my expensive toys. THis one has a few light scuffs on the exterior of the receiver but they should buff out. There are no scratches into the anodizing.

I am looking for a 10.5 in or 11 in complete upper to trade straight across of equal value. I will remove parts as necessary to equal value of trade sugestions. I have no problem removing the sights, bolt and charging handle if you have a more "stock" 11 in upper to trade.

If you have LMT, Noveske, etc... I will throw in the trijicon tri power optic on an ARMS mount to make up the difference in price depending on what you have.

Pics attached to my reg AW pistol lower (Yes, its a CMMG lower. I bought/ registered it when I was a LEO)WHICH IS NOT INCLUDED!:

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo295/gunrun45/P1221236.jpg

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo295/gunrun45/P1221237.jpg

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo295/gunrun45/P1221238.jpg

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo295/gunrun45/P1221239.jpg

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo295/gunrun45/P1221240.jpg

DISCLAIMER:

The buyer of this upper agrees to abide by all federal, state and local restrictions regarding the legal use of the item. This upper is for use on REGISTERED PISTOL lowers ONLY, Registered short barrel rifles or machine guns. Placing this upper on a rifle built lower violates both Federal and State law unless the extensive proper paperwork is completed FIRST. It is the buyers responsibility to ensure that all laws are followed and I absolve myself from any acts performed by the end user.

popndrop
01-22-2009, 5:01 PM
Interested in a 10" LMT?

lehn20
01-22-2009, 6:02 PM
Any cash price?

gunrun45
01-23-2009, 9:27 AM
BTT.
Not really interested in selling outright for now. Might be in the near future to fund a 10.5in purchase.

PM's replied to.

Blue
01-23-2009, 9:31 AM
Just curious as how a CMMG lower is reg'd as an AW?

gunrun45
01-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Just curious as how a CMMG lower is reg'd as an AW?

That's easy. It was a going away gift from my old police Dept when I was a LEO. When I registered it, it was the only one in CA. BOF already knows who I am on this site anyway so I could care less about the pic :D

Hope this post doesn't violate the 24hr rule. I figured it was in order to clarify a legal point about the item so it would be OK. I also inserted this info in the post (even though it has nothing to do with my trade...)

Blue
01-23-2009, 10:56 AM
That's easy. It was a going away gift from my old police Dept when I was a LEO. When I registered it, it was the only one in CA. BOF already knows who I am on this site anyway so I could care less about the pic :D

Hope this post doesn't violate the 24hr rule. I figured it was in order to clarify a legal point about the item so it would be OK. I also inserted this info in the post (even though it has nothing to do with my trade...)

LOL I hate you! :p Good luck with your sale, I'm truely jealous :o

gunrun45
01-24-2009, 10:42 AM
BTT. Pm's replied to.

LOL I hate you! :p Good luck with your sale, I'm truely jealous :o

Don't be jealous. I loved my job but it was a hard one. This pistol was just a little perk. All in all, I would trade every gun I own to live in a world where I didn't feel I needed them... Somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

caliboy1321
01-24-2009, 10:54 AM
let me know if you get a cash price

jlb
01-24-2009, 2:50 PM
did you mount your front flip sight backwards for any specific reason?

Blue
01-24-2009, 3:58 PM
did you mount your front flip sight backwards for any specific reason?

Probably for that smidgen longer of a sight radius.

gunrun45
01-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Although the front sight is easily removed and turned either way, I mounted it that way because it is easier for me to activate it pulling towards myself. If my hand slips off while pulling towards my body its going away from the muzle. If I activate it while pushing away from me and I slip I might cover my hand with the muzle. Obviously, that's bad.

I am a LEO instructor and this gun has seen some range time in that role, but not extensive use. Always practice what you teach and think ahead ;) Right now it is set up with a space in the rail guards to mark the safety zone on the upper for the forward hand placement. When wearing gloves and "running" the gun you can miss the gap sometimes.

jlb
01-25-2009, 6:20 PM
gotcha

gunrun45
01-26-2009, 11:55 PM
BTT

gunrun45
01-30-2009, 1:49 PM
Trade pending.