PDA

View Full Version : Engine Building, Machine Work, Speed Shop & Auto/Tune Service

MT1
01-20-2009, 2:18 PM
Mild to wild street motors for cruisers, hot rods, and daily drivers - incl. GM Gen III/IV & Ford Mod motors.

Dirt/alcohol modified

Vintage and late model road race motors

Drag and Marine

Diesel motors for pulling or drag.

Cylinder head re-building and other general machine work

Welding & Fabrication

Complete auto restorations, engine and transmission conversions, GM E-Rod drop-ins.

Fully equiped service department for general repair.

Diesel Performance & service work.

Chassis Dyno for carburetor and EFI tuning.

:auto:

Justin562
01-29-2009, 8:23 PM
Wow,thanks for posting! I don't feel comfortable looking for work off of a website supporting guns (I love this site!)... but I wanted to thank you for helping out the people in the racing field:thumbsup: .
I'm a former Cosworth racing(torrance,c.a.) employee that got laid off in March of 2008 after the Champcar/IRL series merger. I was the lead sub-assembler,and cylinder head builder for Champcar & Formula Atlantic engines at Cosworth for 2 1/2 years. Yes, finding work has been hard since the economy took a dump. Most of the 27 out of 54 employees who have also received pink slips went from racing to aerospace or defense... But I'm young and like to pursue my racing career as I really enjoy being apart of racing in general.
Unfortunately your really far away. I'm waiting for call backs from T.R.D. & H.D.R.
but only have been offered part-time positions an merely half the pay so far:rolleyes:
Thanks again! I'm stoked to see a post in regards, and I hope you find someone of quality.

Massappeal
01-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Wow,thanks for posting! I don't feel comfortable looking for work off of a website supporting guns (I love this site!)... but I wanted to thank you for helping out the people in the racing field:thumbsup: .
I'm a former Cosworth racing(torrance,c.a.) employee that got laid off in March of 2008 after the Champcar/IRL series merger. I was the lead sub-assembler,and cylinder head builder for Champcar & Formula Atlantic engines at Cosworth for 2 1/2 years. Yes, finding work has been hard since the economy took a dump. Most of the 27 out of 54 employees who have also received pink slips went from racing to aerospace or defense... But I'm young and like to pursue my racing career as I really enjoy being apart of racing in general.
Unfortunately your really far away. I'm waiting for call backs from T.R.D. & H.D.R.
but only have been offered part-time positions an merely half the pay so far:rolleyes:
Thanks again! I'm stoked to see a post in regards, and I hope you find someone of quality.

sucks you got let go! Cosworth is top notch stuff! youll find something eventually!:thumbsup:

sorensen440
01-29-2009, 10:57 PM
How long have you been machining and rebuilding engines ?
do you do it all in house ?
Do you do balancing ?

I have a 440 I am going to need done hopefully in a few months if I can sell my boat

MT1
01-30-2009, 3:32 PM

With a resume like that you will find something no problem :thumbsup:

MT1
01-30-2009, 3:39 PM
How long have you been machining and rebuilding engines ?
do you do it all in house ?
Do you do balancing ?

I have a 440 I am going to need done hopefully in a few months if I can sell my boat

Been in business for over 30 years in Sonoma County - I have been working there for 8 years, we do everything in house except for crank grinding. We do all our own balancing on a nice new Pro-Bal balancer.

We do a lot of 383 and 440 big block mopar's and actually have 3 in the assembly room right now 1 is stock, the others are roller cam aluminum headed packages.

sprintcar
01-30-2009, 5:48 PM

Try Shaver racing they are in Torrance also. They build some of the best sprint car motors in the country.

sprintcar
01-30-2009, 5:53 PM
MT1 do you work on very many 460's. I am thinking of going with a 514 stroker kit. Nothing super wild it will go in a 4x4 so I am looking for torque.

sorensen440
01-30-2009, 5:57 PM
Been in business for over 30 years in Sonoma County - I have been working there for 8 years, we do everything in house except for crank grinding. We do all our own balancing on a nice new Pro-Bal balancer.

We do a lot of 383 and 440 big block mopar's and actually have 3 in the assembly room right now 1 is stock, the others are roller cam aluminum headed packages.
Perfect I'll shoot you a message when I get my $ in order

MT1
01-30-2009, 9:15 PM
MT1 do you work on very many 460's. I am thinking of going with a 514 stroker kit. Nothing super wild it will go in a 4x4 so I am looking for torque.

Not nearly as many as BBC's or SBC's or even Mopar's - but we do a decent amount of them for jet boats, and we actually just did a 514 recently for a old hot rod panel truck as a big torque motor.

The Mongolian
02-04-2009, 11:22 AM

Eric Hsu, is that you? :D

MT1
05-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Summer time bump :cool2:

If your hot rod or boat needs a motor for this season we could still squeak it in ;)

gotgunz
05-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Name of business?

MT1
05-16-2009, 12:28 PM
www.rpmeng.com
www.dynotuning.com

Our new website is a work in progress right now, so after looking it over I can see that the guy who types it up really doesn't know how to spell...

MT1
08-23-2009, 2:26 PM
End of summer bump. :chris:

yoteassasin
09-06-2009, 7:36 AM
hey im looking for a machine shop with performance ohc lima motor experience ive got a 2.3 to go in my jeep i want something a bit on the wild side but ultra reliable i have a turbo system yo go with it. have you guys done this before?

MT1
09-06-2009, 5:14 PM
We used to do a lot of 2.3 motors for local racers - not as many these days though. Still - sky's the limit with those, many aftermarket parts available, Esslinger aluminum heads that way outflow ported iron heads, cams, forged pistons, good rods, K1 forged cranks, etc....it all comes down to how much power you want to make and what you can afford to spend.

Depending upon how much boost you plan on running - the bottom end needs to be forged and the head studded to start with.

yoteassasin
09-06-2009, 10:20 PM
cool ill pm you

MT1
11-29-2009, 7:26 PM
Bump :cool2:

MT1
03-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Spring Bump :cool:

MT1
06-02-2010, 9:24 PM
:sleeping:

MT1
07-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Bump.:cool:

MT1
10-03-2010, 10:36 AM
:sleeping:

MT1
11-14-2010, 5:44 PM
Bump :)

Synergy
11-24-2010, 5:09 PM
Do you have PCM modification and tuning ability? I have had some tuning done and the motor still seems off at warm idle. Not to mention a few error codes. I did some serious work to my L31 99 Vortec once I had the top end of motor apart to repair the leaking intake manifold gasket.

A list of my engine mods:
Isky Cam 209/217 .496/.517(w/1.6 RR) 112* lobe center 37*overlap
Crane Gold 1.6 Roller Rockers
Ported and polished intake/exhaust
Thorley Tri-Ys
Multec II spider
Bored TB to 77mm
MSD ignition
Flex-a-lite E-Fans
GMPP Single roller timing chain.

MT1
11-25-2010, 9:14 AM
Do you have PCM modification and tuning ability? I have had some tuning done and the motor still seems off at warm idle. Not to mention a few error codes. I did some serious work to my L31 99 Vortec once I had the top end of motor apart to repair the leaking intake manifold gasket.

I don't think the stock vortec computer is supported by the different tuning programs we use, the last time we did a rock buggy with a vortec motor, it got an LS1 PCM so we could tune it. If you post your PCM code I could find out, we use HP Tuners, SCT, and LT1 Edit depending upon the vehicle.

Synergy
11-25-2010, 6:40 PM
I don't think the stock vortec computer is supported by the different tuning programs we use, the last time we did a rock buggy with a vortec motor, it got an LS1 PCM so we could tune it. If you post your PCM code I could find out, we use HP Tuners, SCT, and LT1 Edit depending upon the vehicle.

I have heard a lot of people that have modified a L31 went to the 12200411 PCM (411PCM for short) Which is a LS pcm. I have the tech info to change over to that PCM. I will do some more research.

SikDMAX
11-25-2010, 7:36 PM
I hope you dont get anyone mixing up you guys with RPM Motorsports out of Los Banos - I got taken to the cleaners by him.

What kind of Duramax Diesel experience do you have?

MT1
11-25-2010, 9:50 PM
I have heard a lot of people that have modified a L31 went to the 12200411 PCM (411PCM for short) Which is a LS pcm. I have the tech info to change over to that PCM. I will do some more research.

That's exactly what I am talking about.

MT1
11-25-2010, 9:55 PM
I hope you dont get anyone mixing up you guys with RPM Motorsports out of Los Banos - I got taken to the cleaners by him.

What kind of Duramax Diesel experience do you have?

Never heard of them - RPM is a somewhat common name in the motor sports industry, ours is really Rohnert Park Machine hence RPM for short.

Quite a few Dmax tunes, but the majority of our diesel work is on the Powerstroke platform which I have done a lot of pull and drag race motors for, we were at the forefront of R&D on those for many years.

botsdots
12-09-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm in San Diego so not close enough for your services. I've got an old 63 chevy c20 that I'd like to give a kick in the seat. I'd like to put the top end together myself so I've been looking around for a 383 short block and wondering what I should be looking for price-wise. Should I try to find a used block somewhere and have it machined and assembled? Buy one of the retail short blocks from summit or jegs? Need some guidance here and you sound trustworthy :)

my target is 500 hp....

MT1
12-10-2010, 6:23 PM
I'm in San Diego so not close enough for your services. I've got an old 63 chevy c20 that I'd like to give a kick in the seat. I'd like to put the top end together myself so I've been looking around for a 383 short block and wondering what I should be looking for price-wise. Should I try to find a used block somewhere and have it machined and assembled? Buy one of the retail short blocks from summit or jegs? Need some guidance here and you sound trustworthy :)

my target is 500 hp....

I would always recommend supporting local your local businesses, get some referrals and check references because unfortunately there are some hacks out there. The "blueprint" or "recon" brand motors that you see in summit and jegs are done by production rebuilders with poor tolerances, little attention to detail, and the cheapest possible parts. Any decent shop should be able to put together a 500hp SBC, but that will cost money - the question is are you really looking for 500hp and know what that drives like or is that just the number you picked?

Most SBC 350 street motors that we do come in around 350hp at the tires which is ~440hp at the crank, these have great manners and will have a long life...once you start to push past 1.25hp per cubic inch you loose drivability, have trouble running power brakes, etc which is not fun in a car that is daily driven or cruised. Also once looking for over 450 at the crank you really should use an aftermarket block which adds $1500 right off the bat. Most stock 350's make about 180hp at the tires so ~ 350 at the tires is a real jump up, and also much cheaper than ~420 at the tires.

MT1
03-31-2011, 6:57 PM
bump :cool2:

707electrician
03-31-2011, 7:08 PM
You guys are just down the street from my apartment. Been to the shop once for the TPD dyno day event.

I may have some engine work that I need done, Ill shoot you a message when Im ready

MT1
04-01-2011, 5:00 PM
You guys are just down the street from my apartment. Been to the shop once for the TPD dyno day event.

I may have some engine work that I need done, Ill shoot you a message when Im ready

Was that one of the diesel events?

707electrician
04-01-2011, 5:07 PM
Was that one of the diesel events?

Yeah its was probably two years ago

MT1
07-28-2011, 6:31 PM
bump :cool:

alexf2k9
07-28-2011, 7:20 PM
Do you do Import's also?

MT1
07-28-2011, 8:12 PM
Do you do Import's also?

Are you curious about service, engine, or tune work?

MT1
11-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Fall bump. :cool:

MT1
03-10-2012, 12:54 PM
:cool2:

asheron2
03-15-2012, 7:52 AM
You guys able to tune Ford 5.0 Fuel injection w/ mass flow? I got a 347 stroker that probably needs it.

MT1
03-15-2012, 9:18 AM
You guys able to tune Ford 5.0 Fuel injection w/ mass flow? I got a 347 stroker that probably needs it.

Absolutely, that's the most common vehicle we tune on.