PDA

View Full Version : Free Miwall .223

gose
01-19-2009, 9:53 PM
Im not a big fan of Miwall and after this: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=146489 even less so. Quite a few people don't seem to think it was the ammo's fault though, so to all you Miwall believers, I'm offering up the last of this fine ammo for free, since it'll never be shot in any of my rifles.

This ammo might be unsafe and might blow up your rifle, so I take no responsibility for anything that happens, should you do anything than pull the bullets and use them for reloads, and if anything happens while you do that, I take no responsibility for that either.

Do you feel lucky?

Edit: darn, forgot, this fine ammo is located in San Mateo

MP301
01-19-2009, 9:54 PM
Free? I want it!

vwynn
01-19-2009, 9:55 PM
how many do you have? interested =p but not sure if imma shoot it

but dam.. ur not in socal =/

Spyduh
01-19-2009, 9:56 PM
Im not a big fan of Miwall and after this: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=146489 even less so. Quite a few people don't seem to think it was the ammo's fault though, so to all you Miwall believers, I'm offering up the last of this fine ammo for free, since it'll never be shot in any of my rifles.

This ammo might be unsafe and might blow up your rifle, so I take no responsibility for anything that happens, should you do anything than pull the bullets and use them for reloads, and if anything happens while you do that, I take no responsibility for that either.

Do you feel lucky?

I'll take it! I can always pull it and reload it with my own powder =)
I'm local and can pick up

Fuzzy5
01-19-2009, 9:57 PM
I'll take some if MP doesn't take all.

Piett
01-19-2009, 9:58 PM
3rds! I'll take it. PM sent

gose
01-19-2009, 10:03 PM
SPP (sold pending pickup?), or something, to MP301.

Spyduh
01-19-2009, 10:05 PM
SPP (sold pending pickup?), or something, to MP301.

I wouldnt even call it "sold" since its free. It's more like Free Pending Pickup (FPP).

Any way I'm 2nd in line if he falls through on the pickup! :D

gose
01-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I wouldnt even call it "sold" since its free. It's more like Free Pending Pickup (FPP).

Any way I'm 2nd in line if he falls through on the pickup! :D

And you have a PM ;)

Spyduh
01-19-2009, 10:20 PM
And you have a PM ;)

Woo! :D

ghost
01-19-2009, 10:44 PM
i`ll be 4th in line then.

Saigon1965
01-19-2009, 10:46 PM
To the "pick up" person - Leave feedback for the man -

weekend_plinker
01-19-2009, 11:06 PM
In case nobody pick it up I guess I will be in line too. Long shot but could be worth it.

trilogy
01-19-2009, 11:37 PM
I can pick it up Friday or Saturday if by some miracle the people above me don't take it.

--Matt

doughboy334
01-20-2009, 8:09 AM
I'll take it also, I'm very close.

Gunoobie
01-20-2009, 7:51 PM
If nobody picks them up, ship them to me. Thanks. :D

DedEye
01-21-2009, 2:42 AM
I'll come down and get it if no one else has yet :43:.

How many rounds was it?

Spyduh
01-25-2009, 12:09 PM
I picked it up yesterday. I gave gose the proper itrader feedback he deserves =)

I inspected the lot and found.
2 - Case necks were damaged (highly likely something like this could have been in the chamber at the time that caused explosion)
2 - Loose primers in pockets
3 - Badly damaged shoulders
1 - possible case head separation
2 - dented primers
1 - Random head stamped brass: IMG 5-89 (All other head stamps were LC)

Flying Bones
01-25-2009, 12:35 PM
I picked it up yesterday. I gave gose the proper itrader feedback he deserves =)

2 - Case necks were damaged (highly likely something like this could have been in the chamber at the time that caused explosion)
2 - dented primers

YIKES. Good catches. And an even better job of having the mindset to inspec the rounds!!

Spyduh
01-25-2009, 1:13 PM
YIKES. Good catches. And an even better job of having the mindset to inspec the rounds!!

I have no intentions on shooting a single one of these. The reason why I got it was to dismantle and salvage what I can. Every round will be pulled and case prepped. I'm starting from from scratch using my own powder and primers. Defective cases will be recycled and bullets will be reused.

chickenfried
01-25-2009, 1:15 PM
What are you talking about this can't be, I've shot millions of rounds of miwall ammo and...:p

2 - dented primers

Spyduh
01-25-2009, 2:33 PM
What are you talking about, I've shot millions of rounds of miwall ammo and...

You obviously haven't read what happened to the OP with this ammo and his gun.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=146489

Vinz
01-25-2009, 2:38 PM
I had a bunch or .223 with dented shoulders. Maybe 3 out of 500. I wonder if they would take them back?

Vinz

Spyduh
01-25-2009, 2:54 PM
I had a bunch or .223 with dented shoulders. Maybe 3 out of 500. I wonder if they would take them back?

Vinz

Small dents shouldn't be a problem. Severe dents are another story. Any case/shoulder dents will blow out when shot and can be reloaded again. Things to watch out for is damaged case necks like the one in the picture and dented & loose primers.

Loose primers can fall into the trigger group and can cause your gun to jam and stop functioning. Some people have reported that they needed to strip the trigger and hammer out in order to pull out the lost primer.

gose
01-25-2009, 5:20 PM
The ones I shot had actually all been case gauged and inspected, since I didn't really trust Miwall fully even before it happened ;) The stuff Spyduh got was stuff I hadn't inspected yet, so not too surprised over his findings...

But it doesn't matter really, since it was determined by some other poster above that it couldn't have been Miwall's fault....

chickenfried
01-25-2009, 5:31 PM
Gose, you know I was just making fun of the responses in your other miwall thread, right?