PDA

View Full Version : nearest place to hog hunt in southern california?

strangerdude
01-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know the nearest place to hog hunt in southern california? What type of rifle can I use? Links would be helpful I am currently googling too, thanks!

spectr17
01-18-2009, 9:17 PM
Big Horn Ranch and Tejon Ranch are the closest. Both are pay to play. Nearest public land would be Los Padres NF.

TrailerparkTrash
01-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Big Horn Ranch and Tejon Ranch are the closest. Both are pay to play. Nearest public land would be Los Padres NF.
North facing slopes north east of Hesperia, on the back side of big bear. There have been some hogs spotted down in the low lands there.

Use the "lead free" rifle ammo though. Otherwise you'll get a big ticket from DFG.

professionalcoyotehunter
01-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Los padres was awesome this last weekend. We got three pigs and saw 8 more.

strangerdude
01-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Sweet, would I be allowed to hunt with my ak-47? That isn't that far from where I live either.

glockman19
01-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Los padres was awesome this last weekend. We got three pigs and saw 8 more.

Where were you?

professionalcoyotehunter
01-19-2009, 12:36 PM
If it is a semi AK-47 and have lead free ammo than go for it.I was around Black mountain.

spectr17
01-19-2009, 11:00 PM
North facing slopes north east of Hesperia, on the back side of big bear. There have been some hogs spotted down in the low lands there.

Use the "lead free" rifle ammo though. Otherwise you'll get a big ticket from DFG.

I thought the condor lead free zone stopped along the I-15 to the west side. There is no ban on lead ammo in SBNF that I've heard of. Can you cite a source or were you told this by SBNF folks? Got a name of office if you were?

I'll be at the San Berdoo F&G Commission meeting tomorrow and would like to bring this up if true.