View Full Version : need info before I buy

01-17-2009, 9:26 PM
Im wanting to buy a rra stripped lower receiver and a complete kit from model1- a 20in target crown a2 style. my question is is it legal in CA???. I can buy the receiver in CA no problem just a ten day wait but can I buy the kit out of state and still be legal(not go to jail). I know I have to get a bullet button or ? and no more than a ten round mag. I see that rra is listed on the ID flow chart so I dont know, and dont want to start if its illegal

01-17-2009, 9:36 PM
as long as you do not have a receiver that is the same as the ban list you are ok.

01-17-2009, 9:39 PM
This question has come up more than once. If you attach a RRA upper to a RRA LAR15 lower that is on the ban list you run the risk of having that rifle confiscated by LEO. The chances are slim but you do run the risk. If you chose to go this rout I would make some modifications to the upper like change out the hand gaurds for a free float so it does not resemble one that is listed.

01-26-2009, 9:40 PM
You are confused, only lower receivers are regulated. And YES you do run the risk of the weapon being confiscated due to the lower being on the ban list but that will be the least of your problems since you will most likely end up in prison for having an illegal AW.

Here read this:
/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=1165997#post1165997 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=1165997#post1165997)

Oh and you posted in the wrong forum... Try riflemans forum for a quicker response.