PDA

View Full Version : FS: Complete AR Upper and buttstock

rkoehler
01-17-2009, 4:08 PM
EVERYTHING SOLD!!!

As the title says, this is an AR upper complete with bolt, carrier and charging handle. This is practically brand new, I've only put 20 rounds through it! It's the 16" heavy barrel, A2 style with built in carry handle. Upper is from Blackthorne. Pics attached. $550.00

Also 4-position adjustable stock complete with buffer spring and plug (or whatever you call it) $40.00

Also lower parts kit minus the two roll pins $40.00

Jonathan Doe
01-17-2009, 4:27 PM
I will take:

"Also 4-position adjustable stock complete with buffer spring and plug (or whatever you call it) $40.00"
"Also lower parts kit minus the two roll pins $40.00"

Where are you located? Please PM me for payment and poss. shipping arrangements.

Intimid8tor
01-17-2009, 4:28 PM
Also 4-position adjustable stock complete with buffer spring and plug (or whatever you call it) $40.00"

2nd in line for the stock.

rkoehler
01-17-2009, 6:13 PM
buttstock and lpk sold. Thanks David!

ggod408
01-18-2009, 3:58 AM
Who makes the upper?

rkoehler
01-18-2009, 8:05 AM
The upper is from Blackthorne. I'll post this info back at the top.

heyjerr
01-18-2009, 10:50 PM
If the upper is still available, I'll take it. PM sent.

wikidklown
01-18-2009, 11:05 PM
2nd in line for lower kit...

rkoehler
01-20-2009, 4:39 PM
Everything is sold. Thanks guys!

heyjerr
01-21-2009, 4:28 PM
I don't know how this upper managed to last a whole day before I chimed in, especially considering the buying fever going on. I feel extremely fortunate to have snagged it, especially since it had the BCG. I now have the short upper I wanted so I can swap out with my varmint 24" setup using the same lower. Can't wait to see how they mate when I get home.

Excellent transaction handled very quickly by rkoehler. Thanks for the proactive comms to keep me up to speed. Great calgunner experience!!

DJMAN
01-21-2009, 4:44 PM
I don't know how this upper managed to last a whole day before I chimed in, especially considering the buying fever going on. I feel extremely fortunate to have snagged it, especially since it had the BCG.

Blackthorne;)

heyjerr
01-21-2009, 5:54 PM
I've seen a few posts knocking on them but still never had anyone tell me what they're doing wrong. Please enlighten me.:90:
<despite the funny icon I'm being serious>

ggod408
01-22-2009, 4:21 AM
I did a search myself and I'm on my first build! Maybe it'll work for you? :rolleyes: You can always upgrade it though!

rkoehler
01-23-2009, 2:41 PM
Thanks heyjerr, I'm glad you received the upper so quickly. I too have heard bad things about blackthorne, but they don't seem to have any proof behind them. My blackthorne upper functioned perfectly, was headspaced properly, and I could not see anything wrong with it. I know one other person with one as well, and it works great for him also. Until I have a problem I won't knock em!

heyjerr
01-24-2009, 11:03 AM
In the interest of full disclosure for those who might come across this thread by searching for "blackthorne" later on, I will give some feedback on this upper now that I have it attached. This is in no way to be considered as a slam against the original seller as I'm still happy to have it and plan on shooting it in about an hour or so.

I have a Spikes Tactical lower that I built up early last year. I originally attached a 24" fluted bull hightop upper from DPMS and it dropped right into place.

The Blackthorne upper I just received did not mate properly and required fitting. The rear of the upper did not accurately match the shape of the lower, preventing the rear pin from seating. The upper needed to drop about 1mm (guesstimate) but was aligned front to rear. A little dremel work along the rear rails of the upper made it match my lower and allowed it to seat.
http://heyjerr.smugmug.com/photos/460769634_ekdBw-M.jpg

Once the rear edge was shaped properly, the gap closed and the pinholes aligned. I only dremeled the pinhole a little to make the pin slide smoother. The action slides back easily without any snags, so I'll know how it works shortly.

Does this mean Blackthorne doesn't follow milspec? My experience seems to indicate as such, but I won't make that claim since I'm no expert on the subject. My experience required just a little extra work to make it fit but that does not bother me. I now have a little extra pride in it due to the minor effort it took.

rkoehler was great to work with and I'd buy from him again in a heartbeat.

rkoehler
01-24-2009, 2:20 PM
heyjerr, glad you got it together. Let us know how it shoots when you get back.

heyjerr
01-24-2009, 11:03 PM
http://heyjerr.smugmug.com/photos/461209037_VEzwH-M-1.jpg
AT 50 yds w/peep sites. So fun to see the hit move exactly where you dial it!!!!