PDA

View Full Version : WTS Interceptor vests (body armor)

junglejim
01-16-2009, 8:28 PM
hey guys i have 5 of these i need to sell.
A few larges and a few mediums they are in great shape. Asking $250 each for these they do include the soft armor but they do not include the rifle plates.

if you would like more than one I could make a deal.

forgot to add that I am located in San Diego

01-16-2009, 9:04 PM
How much for just the rifle plates?

PonchoTA
01-16-2009, 9:58 PM
Please send (or post) some pics!!! And what are the specs for these? Maker? Warranty?

I'll be down in SD in a couple of weeks, could meet you if we can strike a deal!

Please let me know,

:cheers2:
Paul

pottymouth310
01-16-2009, 10:24 PM
can you send me some pics????

junglejim
01-16-2009, 10:29 PM
these are made by Point Blank they are woodland in color/pattern they do not have any warranty that I am aware of. they are rated for 9mm sub machine gun and less unless the plates are added then they are capable of .308 AP multi strike.

I Don't have any plates for these although they are commonly found @ the dirty four letter E word.

junglejim
01-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't have a camera right now mine broke around Christmas and I have not been able to afford a new one. I might be able to borrow one.

junglejim
01-17-2009, 8:59 AM
morning bump

5aa12
01-17-2009, 9:30 AM
Yes please post some pics or send me some I may be interested but want to take a look first. If you cant provide pics, maybe send a link to a site that has specs and pics for them?Thanks!

popndrop
01-17-2009, 11:13 AM
http://www.pointblankarmor.com/interceptor.asp#

The issue is that those MIGHT be prohibited items - see their website -

"Point Blank's Military version of the Interceptor™ OTV is manufactured for the sole use of the United States Military. Resale of the Military version of the Interceptor™ OTV to persons other than the United States Military is prohibited and subject to legal action."

Be careful...

cortayack
01-17-2009, 4:56 PM
Just wear them in SHTF situation.......LOL

Where are you located at???

junglejim
01-17-2009, 8:56 PM
They are in great shape and have seen little wear. As far as age goes I do not know exactly I don't see any dates. The armor is in top notch shape and the carriers are in great shape.

They are great for a SHTF type situation every one should have one in there Bug Out Bag ! right next to your gas mask and tin foil helmet :)

I will pull the armor panels out and wash the outer carrier for anyone that would like me to do so.

I will also include the neck armor as well

junglejim
01-18-2009, 3:54 PM
here is a stock picture of the vests that I have. the ones that I have are in as good a shape as the picture. http://savvysurvivor.com/_derived/body%20armor.htm_txt_interceptor.gif

Toolfreak66
01-19-2009, 5:50 AM
http://www.pointblankarmor.com/interceptor.asp#

The issue is that those MIGHT be prohibited items - see their website -

"Point Blank's Military version of the Interceptorô OTV is manufactured for the sole use of the United States Military. Resale of the Military version of the Interceptorô OTV to persons other than the United States Military is prohibited and subject to legal action."

Be careful...

Point Blank Armor can not tell a private citizen he can't sell these. They can only prohibit the resale by a vendor or distributer under contract. The only other way they could go to legal action is if these are stolen merchandise (and I doubt they are). That being said, I don't know the laws about body armor, but I have seen it for sale in open forums a lot.

popndrop
01-19-2009, 1:32 PM
I'm not trying to hurt anybody's thread - I was actually looking up the item because I was interested in buying one - but then I saw that statement on their website, and it raised concern for me. I've also seen them being sold elsewhere, but they usually have some explanation about where they've come from - some sort of explanation regarding their circumstances - probably because of the statement on the Point Blank Site....Maybe some clarification from the seller would put everyone at ease - and give me the comfort to buy one :)

junglejim
02-10-2009, 8:28 PM
these came from a surplus auction.

dondo
02-10-2009, 9:03 PM
They sell them at gunshows. I bought one from a person here. They are great and legal. Just don't wear while committing a crime and you'll enjoy a prison free existence.

JerryM
02-13-2009, 4:20 PM
LOL if you commit a crime and get caught, you will not enjoy a prison free existence. But if you wear a BP vest while comiting said crime, the penalties get compounded.

I remember this being a law being passed a while back, and it did not specify type of crime. I guess you could be some sort of white collar criminal and still get the heavy hand of the law. I do not want to spread FUD. I will find the code and post it (if I can find it).

$250 is an awesome deal. I've seen them sold for $800 and up.

I feel a bit ripped off actually... I hate Ft. Lewis surplus stores LOL.