BLACK LION
01-16-2009, 10:54 AM
WITHDRAWN

BLACK LION
01-26-2009, 12:50 PM
BLACKLIONCOMBATIVES@GMAIL.COM

AndrewMendez
01-26-2009, 11:18 PM
WHAT LOCATION??? SAN DIEGO ONLY?? OR LA AREA POSSIBLY???

BLACK LION
01-27-2009, 9:59 AM
SAN DIEGO
SUNDAYS 10-30 AM TIL ? BALBOA PARK - REDWOOD CIRCLE

INLAND EMPIRE COMING SOON

AndrewMendez
01-27-2009, 11:06 AM
PM ME with info

davedog665
01-27-2009, 4:46 PM
i would be interested... inland empire or la

CaliAR
01-28-2009, 7:52 AM
You in Davedog?

CaliBoundAR15
01-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Sounds like a real version of "Fight Club". :popcorn:

Prowler
02-11-2009, 6:59 PM
Are you talking about any specific style of defensive tactics training?

BLACK LION
02-12-2009, 11:26 AM
This training is not specific to any style or form of training in existence today.

It is devised on using any means necessary in an unconventional manner. Having an intimate knowledge on human weakness and employment of tools as a maens to an end.

BLACK LION
02-12-2009, 12:07 PM
self defense is a cancerous tumor in our society

instead, we embrace offensive action at all times... we embrace the physiological and neurological affects that come with being threatened and we utilize them to our advantage.... we embrace "perception" and strive to attain an ultimate awareness of ourselves and our surroundings... you know your enemy by becoming your enemy in turn gaining more intimate knowledge of oneself...

some tidbits in closing...

"You need no armor, you need no sword. You need only to know that you cannot be defeated."

"It takes a wise man to see an obstacle as it truly is and not as it appears to be."

"One must learn to see what is to be seen and to see though what others wish you to see."

"When ten thousand men clash with arms and fire, it is always a single man's actions that make the difference."

"A clear mind can topple even the strongest will."

"In order to choose the correct path, you must know the pitfalls that await you."

all from the TAO OF SHINSEI

"In battle, confrontation is done directly, victory is gained by surprise "

"Even if opponents are numerous, they can be made not to fight."

"If you know yourself and your enemy, you need not fear the outcome of a thousand battles."

"Awaiting the hungry with full stomachs, that is mastering strength."

"Those on a straight way thrive. Those on a tortuous course die."

"When your objective is near, make it look distant; when far away, create the illusion of being nearby. Warfare is the Way of Deception."

-- Sun Tzu

Got Stuff?
02-14-2009, 4:24 PM
I might be interested in participating in the Inland Empire area.

Prowler
02-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Have you considered elaborating on your skills/training that would make it easier for someone to consider you proposal without having to be so secretive?

BLACK LION
02-16-2009, 12:03 PM
edited becuase people are seeing what they want to instead of reading and understanding where I am going with this

ryno066
02-16-2009, 4:42 PM
I like it. Just the dirty things to get you home.

AlexF
02-16-2009, 5:34 PM
Simple and to the point.....I'm interested, keep us posted if you come to the LA area.

Some Guy
02-16-2009, 5:43 PM
Gecko?

MontClaire
02-16-2009, 6:53 PM
I wish someone did that in SF Bay Area. Willing to volunteer for the right group and donate my experience.

BLACK LION
02-16-2009, 6:56 PM
SUNDAYS IN SAN DIEGO @ 10-30AM IN BALBOA PARKS REDWOOD CIRCLE...

BLACK LION
02-16-2009, 7:01 PM
I will also be doing a free newsletter

ryno066
02-16-2009, 7:25 PM
Gecko?

????

Some Guy
02-16-2009, 7:33 PM
????

Thought this was someone else

BLACK LION
02-17-2009, 9:43 AM

xibunkrlilkidsx
02-17-2009, 11:23 AM
im down. when, where and what do i need to bring.

BLACK LION
02-17-2009, 3:41 PM
SAN DIEGO *

SUNDAYS @ 10-30AM IN BALBOA PARKS REDWOOD CIRCLE...

zeus45c
02-17-2009, 5:21 PM
I would definitely be interested in this as well. I am in the LA area but would be willing to travel to the inland empire or orange county. I would even be willing to head down to SD twice a month also as I used to live there and have many friends.

Once a definitive schedule is made the SD trips could be a regular things for me.

slick_711
02-17-2009, 11:09 PM
you up for san diego???

balboa park???

starting saturday or sunday???

I can start a san diego session this weekend... Balboa park is a great place becuase its so big its easy to train with dummy knives and guns or even do some knife throwing or use airsoft without attracting the wrong attention...

eventually I will have some shirts made so it looks as legit as possible... I would rather people use some sort of camo as thier training attire... but at this point it is come as you are... when people see a bunch of guys seriously training in uniform it makes a profound statement...much more than if we were in sweats and shorts....

This whole idea sounds very interesting to me. Schedule permitting, I would love to participate.

At the moment I'm working 7 days/60 hours a week to try and repay a little debt. Sat/Sun mornings I could do (which is a universally good time for such training I would think, especially in a place like Balboa park?). In the future my work schedule will hopefully lighten up slightly.

BLACK LION
02-18-2009, 11:06 AM
I am willing to devote 3 or more hours on sundays

PatriotnMore
02-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Any plans to come to the Inland Empire?

I am going to start by devoting 3 hrs or more Sunday 2-22-09 from 10am-1pm (may be there earlier and stay later)@ balboa park .... I will be on 6th ave side near the entrance .... I will be easily identifiable by multicam or woodland camo and occupying my own space in the grass... from there we can scout a better location on the premesis...

should there be a role call thread with a schedule and a sign in for san diego???

there is no set curriculum.... we will just go with the flow...do some stretching and a couple drill exercises for dexterity as well as "some base building drills".... I am not trying to work out or do some cardio bs.... I only want to put our bodys in the condition it needs to survive conflict... If you cant fight on your stomach, arse, sides, back, knees etc then your chances of surviving are greatly lessened.... by stretching alone you increase your life span... the drills are really just walking on yor hands and feet simultaneaously in a few different configuratios(crab walk-push up-bear crawl)

wainting for input and suggestions...

pm me for my phone number

thanks guys

Broderick

BLACK LION
02-18-2009, 12:41 PM

TRAINING BEGINS IN SAN DIEGO ON SUNDAY MARCH 1ST IN BALBOA PARK...

Seesm
02-22-2009, 10:57 PM
I am in Norcal when you head north... PM me any info... Thanks

hrdluck66
02-23-2009, 7:28 PM
I just purchase a USP 45 and even though I am familiar with the basics of how to use it I want to become proficient in the basics of CQB with and with out a weapon. Im in OC but can travel to SD ever other weekend unless you offer training in OC. Let me know what you have available. thnx

Got Stuff?
02-23-2009, 8:31 PM
on alternate weekends I will do the Inland Empire... I may only be able to get down there 1 time a month but can extend the training time to compensate... I will be there the 27th and 28th and will do training at sylvan park or the park in highland....

this training will work on man and beast alike .... I never mentioned that... no more being afraid of dogs or other creatures...

Cool.

Aurantia park in Highland is only a few minutes from me and I can get to Sylvan in 20 minutes or so.

Tons of people in my area run/jog every day. That could be an advantage.

PM's reach me the fastest since I don't always check this thread every day.

BLACK LION
02-24-2009, 6:56 PM

SAN DIEGO TRAINING STARTING SUNDAY 3/1/09 @ BALBOA PARK IN REDWOOD CIRCLE 10-30AM TO ?PM

^^^^
I can help you with becoming intimate with your firearm...I sent you a pm

BLACK LION
02-28-2009, 11:08 AM
cleaning up shop

Got Stuff?
02-28-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm interested in the "Team Member" aspect myself.

AndrewMendez
03-01-2009, 8:58 PM
How did the training go??? When are you coming up to LA?

BLACK LION
03-02-2009, 1:00 PM
I am really interested in a group of guys doing some serious free training with each other... all bringing thier own thing to the table...

Got Stuff?
03-02-2009, 7:32 PM
Thanks for the update Broderick.

Possible future "Team Member" awaiting in the IE.

BLACK LION
03-03-2009, 8:47 AM
..... cleaning up

ReconDoc242
03-03-2009, 9:46 AM
I am curious and I mean no disrespect. But what experience do you have actually utilizing the techniques you are teaching? Any real world experience involved or is this just concept and theory based training?

BLACK LION
03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
you are welcome to show up...

akjunkie
03-04-2009, 2:42 PM
I have enough experience to know what works and what does not but actions speak louder than words my friend.
Do I have experience in shooting and stabbing actual people...no
Do I go around crushing tracheas and gouging eyeballs... no
Yes it is conceptualized and principle based as it should be.
If you want someone with a long list of things they have done then buy some Jim Wagner videos. The difference is even with all his missions and experience he will get you killed. On top of that, you have to pay money to learn how to die??? I am experienced enough to train how to win when there are no rules , so if there is interest then great,if not its of no consequence to me as I am secure and confident in myself.

I ask for nothing except a willing mind and body... I charge nothing and show everything in my tool box... Its a choice and a free one to boot.

Why do U say Jim Wagner will get U killed? The man is a 1st gen student under Guro Dan and a SWAT/LEO.

So you were part of Sifu Tim's WedNiteGroup out in Redlands? U get trained by Jeremy?

You say U are well versed with the blade. May I inquire what FMA lineage U studied? Sayoc? Pekiti? Lameco? Doce Pares? Illustrisimo? etc etc.

You studied traditional WC? alot of JKD players claim they teach WC, when in reality, they studied/teach Jun Fan.

USN CHIEF
03-04-2009, 3:08 PM
I really don't understand why most of you are questioning the man when he is offering his services for free:confused: Good grief, either take advantage of this offer or keep it to your self. Go attend one of his training sessions and if you don't like what you see, then don't go again.

Richy
03-04-2009, 3:36 PM
I really don't understand why most of you are questioning the man when he is offering his services for free:confused: Good grief, either take advantage of this offer or keep it to your self. Go attend one of his training sessions and if you don't like what you see, then don't go again.

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Gotta love it, gotta love it.

:sleeping:

akjunkie
03-04-2009, 4:29 PM

I'm just curious, is all.

Besides, FREE dont necessarily mean Good.

Jack of all Trades, Master of None.

BLACK LION
03-04-2009, 6:29 PM
I would love for you to attend akjunkie...

BLACK LION
03-04-2009, 6:35 PM
I'm just curious, is all.

Besides, FREE dont necessarily mean Good.

Jack of all Trades, Master of None.

opinions are like you know what my friend... you are welcome to physically prove me wrong.... In fact I wont respnd to YOU again till you do...

BLACK LION
03-04-2009, 6:49 PM
I really don't understand why most of you are questioning the man when he is offering his services for free:confused: Good grief, either take advantage of this offer or keep it to your self. Go attend one of his training sessions and if you don't like what you see, then don't go again.That is what a professional would/should do... thank you...I am beginning to notice a patter here... I feel like I am being challenged .... in that case... challenge yourselves and show up ...

Appreciated Chief!!

ReconDoc242
03-04-2009, 7:06 PM
I have enough experience to know what works and what does not but actions speak louder than words my friend.
Do I have experience in shooting and stabbing actual people...no
Do I go around crushing tracheas and gouging eyeballs... no
Yes it is conceptualized and principle based as it should be.
If you want someone with a long list of things they have done then buy some Jim Wagner videos. The difference is even with all his missions and experience he will get you killed. On top of that, you have to pay money to learn how to die??? I am experienced enough to train how to win when there are no rules , so if there is interest then great,if not its of no consequence to me as I am secure and confident in myself.

I ask for nothing except a willing mind and body... I charge nothing and show everything in my tool box... Its a choice and a free one to boot.

I have to commend you for offering up this service for free.......that being said lets be realistic. Experience matters over theory plain and simple. For example is you need to have surgery would you go to a surgeon who has extensive experience practicing medicine on artificial dummies or to a surgeon who has real world surgeries on real patients under his belt?
I mean no disrespect, but lets be realistic my friend. You might be well trained in self-defence, but you have no clue what it takes to win in a true life and death situation.
In order to talk about the elephant, you need to see the elephant...and I my friend have played with the elephant.....and I have the scars to prove it.

akjunkie
03-04-2009, 10:16 PM
All of your questions are based on conventional and self defense oriented systems in which this is not.... It does not take 10 years of traditional fma experience to pierce flesh and sever arteries only a steady hand and knowledge of the anatomy.... saw some "pekiti" from "the master" in which a gun disarm was being performed on a revolver and "the master" would have shot himself 2x in the process ....

nothing you say can take away from what this is.... I have done my homework... dont make the mistake of comparing this to the social standards of traditional bs.... My friends have died becuase no one was there to tell them that its not how good a fighter you are or how many styles you are qualified in.... its about habituating violence and not domesticating it... period... its about understanding the "true threat" and being able to make "true decisions" ...

I am not a duelist or a dance instructor... I am someone who has refined himself to the point of combat effectiveness... not some ultimate fighter poster boy...

back to the blade... when you are dosed with an adrenal dump you revert to gross motor functions... why train all this fancy flinging or locking or disarming when you could be training with only 2 different grips and penetrating to vital targets.... not slashing and tring to be all fancy and elusive and shyt... a knife is felt not seen and a knifer will rush you much like a football player would.... so I cut out all the crap associated with "knife fighting"....

"you take the blue pill and you wake up in your bed believing whatever you want to" "take the red pill... and I show you how deep the rabbit goes"

LOL, man U too funny. you really are Fooken Clueless.

dont confuse FMA with bullsh*t Karate.. Filipino Martial Arts is tried and proven in the jungles of the Phillipines... against the Spaniards, the Muslims and Jap soldiers.

your preaching SDA, brutha. chiseling away the Non essentials. but U gotta have a foundation first to realize what U need to to trim.

akjunkie
03-04-2009, 10:20 PM
and opinions are like you know what:thumbsup: You may be the "master of all" but that doesnt make you anything to me but meat and bone.... this is the idea my friend.... your resume or mine means nothing in the cold of the night faced with true asocial terror... does it;)

U remind me of Tom Carnes.. another fake JKD Nut Job.

PatriotnMore
03-05-2009, 8:42 AM
I have to commend you for offering up this service for free.......that being said lets be realistic. Experience matters over theory plain and simple. For example is you need to have surgery would you go to a surgeon who has extensive experience practicing medicine on artificial dummies or to a surgeon who has real world surgeries on real patients under his belt?
I mean no disrespect, but lets be realistic my friend. You might be well trained in self-defence, but you have no clue what it takes to win in a true life and death situation.
In order to talk about the elephant, you need to see the elephant...and I my friend have played with the elephant.....and I have the scars to prove it.

ReconDoc242, you are correct, without going into a lengthy explanation on why, suffice it to say, its the same difference between facing green troops, and battle hardened troops in battle.

Here is my take on it. I see this as free training and advice, I would like to hear, watch, and participate in some of that training, it won't take long to discover if the training is on, or off. I have purchased combative cd from companies who claimed "used by military" "secrets only taught to S/F", blah blah. Although there is a few good gems to learn, by and large they are crap.

I am always looking for tools to add to the tool chest, and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, its free, and it only costs your time.

ReconDoc242
03-05-2009, 9:57 AM
Patriot,
Well said. I completely agree with you statement. The only thing I have a problem with is someone misrepresenting themselves as an expert who knows "what works and what doesn't" while bashing on other experts or traditional stylist who say the same thing. I truly believe that you should not bash on anyones style or theory because it may hold a technique or two that you can add to your skill set.
That being said, the reality is that it does take someone who is been in a knife fight and knows what it feels like to stab human flesh and take a life to say that they "know what works in a knife fight".
So unless you know what it feels like and what it takes to take a human life in hand to hand, dont say that "you know". Frankly, its insulting to those of us who have had to.

PatriotnMore
03-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Patriot,
Well said. I completely agree with you statement. The only thing I have a problem with is someone misrepresenting themselves as an expert who knows "what works and what doesn't" while bashing on other experts or traditional stylist who say the same thing. I truly believe that you should not bash on anyones style or theory because it may hold a technique or two that you can add to your skill set.
That being said, the reality is that it does take someone who is been in a knife fight and knows what it feels like to stab human flesh and take a life to say that they "know what works in a knife fight".
So unless you know what it feels like and what it takes to take a human life in hand to hand, dont say that "you know". Frankly, its insulting to those of us who have had to.

Steel on target! BTW, thank you for your service, and courage in battle.

BLACK LION
03-05-2009, 10:50 AM
First, allow me to apologize if any of you feel "disrespected"...Understand that my conviction does not have to be yours, that is for you to realize. I am merely here as a medium for those who want to tutilize something unconventional with no strings attached.... I understand people will play into words and try to probe and prod which I have allowed to be done... I understand why its being done as I am not a fool.... I also understand that nothing you say and none of your expertise or experience helps me when I need to get milk for the baby and I have to walk through an area where people are being shot, stabbed and robbed daily...
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=balboa+park+san+diego+ca&sll=32.767068,-117.100525&sspn=0.032334,0.082226&g=redwood+circle+san+diego+ca&ie=UTF8&ll=32.733231,-117.157184&spn=0.002671,0.006877&t=h&z=17

BLACK LION
03-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Patriot,
Well said. I completely agree with you statement. The only thing I have a problem with is someone misrepresenting themselves as an expert who knows "what works and what doesn't" while bashing on other experts or traditional stylist who say the same thing. I truly believe that you should not bash on anyones style or theory because it may hold a technique or two that you can add to your skill set.***I agree somewhat... I didnt "bash" anyone, however I understand you may have taken my comment regarding JW as disrespectful but it is how I see what I saw being presented. At the same though I am taking some of these and other comments as disrespectful becuase here we are and I am being told I am misrepresenting myself as as someone who doesnt know his own capabilities becuase I have never stabbed anyone...there is a contradiction here... while I am not allowed to make reference nor make any comparisons ....anyone can come here and bash me and tell me I am washed up and dont know shyt from shineola***** That being said, the reality is that it does take someone who is been in a knife fight and knows what it feels like to stab human flesh and take a life to say that they "know what works in a knife fight". **** Partially true as I do believe the situational experience helps progression and also affords a level of intimact... but that doesnt prove there were any real expertise used to come out alive.....I say this this becuase there are many successful cases of people with expertise being stabbed up by some goon with no previous experience or training in "knifing" someone.... there are cases of experts relying on only gross motor skills to successfully terminate the threat, not a bunch of expertise or techniques... the point here is not preach to the choir however I do need to make reference to conventional and self defense oriented systems in order to explain where this training stands.... Its not my intention to tell everyone to throw out there tools and join the dark side... this isnt a charter boat to "MR. Hahns Island".... NO... keep all your tools but try this oil.... thats all...
So unless you know what it feels like and what it takes to take a human life in hand to hand, dont say that "you know". Frankly, its insulting to those of us who have had to. *** I do know what it takes... not what it feels like to take a life, thats not my buden but I am prepared to make it mine if need be... the only thing thats insulting is that you are force feeding me the idea that you have to have stabbed people to know how to stab people... no... you have to have stabbed someone to know what it feels like...this is true...I never said I know what it feels like to stab someone... but I have been stabbed(not injured seriously) and have been in between a knife and someone intent on poking me with it... the point is you dont need to go thru my garbage to deal with your own... I am willing to freely put into action what my understanding and conviction is.... take it or leave it

as a side note... you can become an expert in many things without actually doing it on a live person...In the military you qualify as a marksman by shooting paper, not foreign soldiers... you dont have to have stabbed people to gain expertise in how to stab someone... however there is an intimacy gained from using it on someone that cannot be taught... only experienced Imo

In no way am I professing to be an expert knife fighter as I dont beleive there is such a thing and if there is they are most likely in prison awaiting the chair... I am only stating that I have expertise with the blade and the mechanics and physics involved in utilizing it. I am not a thug nor am I a wannabe...I dont condone criminal violence or endorse it... however I understand the blade as a means to an end and a force multiplyer and also understand what its deployment means... I also understand that involving a blade is not a duel by nature but an assassination attempt...

BLACK LION
03-05-2009, 12:25 PM
LOL, man U too funny. you really are Fooken Clueless.

dont confuse FMA with bullsh*t Karate.. Filipino Martial Arts is tried and proven in the jungles of the Phillipines... against the Spaniards, the Muslims and Jap soldiers.

your preaching SDA, brutha. chiseling away the Non essentials. but U gotta have a foundation first to realize what U need to to trim.

I will tell you first that you are not an expert becuase you train FMA... in reality you wont be up against another fma practitioner rather a thug who will rush right into you attemptin to end you abruptly and violently... no checking or passing or squaring off....just rushing and thrusting.....

BLACK LION
03-05-2009, 12:27 PM
U remind me of Tom Carnes.. another fake JKD Nut Job.

You dont even know me enough to make such an assessment... You are becoming more obviously obnoxious and seemingly inexperienced in "what works"... take your ego out of the picture my friend as this will naturally increase your life span...

ReconDoc242
03-05-2009, 12:28 PM
as a side note... you can become an expert in many things without actually doing it on a live person...In the military you qualify as a marksman by shooting paper, not foreign soldiers... you dont have to have stabbed people to gain expertise in how to stab someone... however there is an intimacy gained from using it on someone that cannot be taught... only experienced Imo
Good point....but people can call themselves an expert all they want, it doesn't make it a fact. Only experience can create expertise. That being said, I do have to commend you on your search for tactical efficiency. It is an aspect my people ignore in their lives.

BLACK LION
03-05-2009, 3:11 PM
I agree, my friend and I inderstand and respect your position. Everyone experinces different things different ways and expertise is gained differently from person to person... some may come from combat others may come from just living in an bad urban area or being a security guard, correctional officer even a store owner...some may come from training for when the shyt hits the fan but may never have the opportunity to use it....
Some gain from just being thrown in and others gain it from constant repetitive simulation or drills in preparation to being thrown in.... I can relate my damage control training in the military to this... we did not gain our expertise by being thrown in a jet fighter crash ...we gained it by studying the mistakes of the past and repetitive training and simulation so when there is a jet fighter crash or a hole in the hull we have the expertise to get the job done which in turn adds to ones overall experience... We never had a jet crash or a breach in the hulls integrity but I still gained expertise needed to do what needs to be done if it did happen...I still carry it to this day...

I envy the courage you had to make the decision(s) you may have had to make... and in no way should you feel like I am attempting to take any of that away from anyone who has gained thier experience by actually having to terminate a threat ... I consider that an asset to society becuase that can be used to train good people to do the right thing when it needs to be done... I guess the key is that many people have expertise and experience but people need to know what to do in the most horrible situations...and there arent enough people out there who have been in horrible situation training society the RIGHT way.... I am not reaching out to masters of combat... I am reaching out to everyday people who may feel like they need something more or something at all....I hope to utilize meeting and training with like minded people to the benefit of those who dont know or know little those who have no expertise or experience in any of this.... A person like you can do alot to help people who need what you had to survive... there are people being kidnapped here and in mexico and held for ransoms of 500.00 a month.... 500.00 a month in exchange for a life... society needs a 360 becuase its used to watching guys like you Recondoc on the screen or in the video games ...not getting anti kidnapping/abduction training from you once a week... Imagine the impact of turning violence from something we assume only happens on teevee into something we live with everyday and helping people understand what it takes to make the right and just choice...

people tell me all the time that this is needed and I believe it... This is why I offer it to you all becuase I know I am not the only one with expertise and I dont want to be... I want people with expertise to join in and share in the experience for the benefit of everyone... and knowing that a child or woman or business man may one day survive something horrible becuase of what You showed them.... this is bigger than me.... please dont shoot the messenger;)

ReconDoc242
03-05-2009, 5:49 PM
well said

99medic
03-08-2009, 9:34 PM
Can somebody that trained with Black Lion give a review. That should ease some of this tension.

zeus45c
03-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Sorry if the writing seems out of whack but I am running on about three hours sleep for the weekend....

I trained with him for the first time today. I don't have any formal training myself however I am very familiar with kinesiogy and body kinetics through my previous job, various research, and self studies in different self defense techniques that focus on an offensive mindset to end life threatening situations in your favor. Blacklion is very enthusiastic about this project and is really sick of seeing people victimized by everyday violence.

I learned a lot of new things today and I had the opportunity to practice many that I already new. These ranged from defense from a bat/knife/gun to an effective escape from a rear choke hold. Training was very hands on and to be honest was exactly what I was looking for: something that wasn't too focused on detailed movements that require an immense amount of precision. The movements taught relied on gross motor skills and were brutal. These concepts are not new and there is no doubt in my mind that some calgunners are already experts. But if you are a beginner and willing to learn, come and try it out. If you already have experience but don't train quite as often as you like then come out. At the very least you exchange knowledge and get some extended sparring time with like minded individuals that refuse to be a statistic. I was out there for six hours and will no doubt be there again next week.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

BLACK LION
03-10-2009, 9:23 AM
I can appreciate someone devoting thier time and energy to training. Its about as un-selfish as it gets. I was definately rewarded with the experience and I think we all were. Each training evolution there is a progression and an adaptation that carries over and over etc. We are only here to better our weaknesses by realizing what they are and how we are effected and in the same turn realize the weaknesses of others and how it effects them. Becuase we utilize principles there always be constant change, adaptation and improvisation.

You make the rules when your life or the life of another is on the line.

IN RESPONSE TO "AKJUNKIES" PREVIOUS COMMENT... here is a tidbit from a well known "veteran"....

"Lie # 9 Knowing kali makes you a knife fighter
Kali, Escrima, Arnis, FMA, all of them have the aura and mystery of being weapons based arts. Deadly, savage arts of the Filipino warriors. Lurid stories about guerrilla actions against Japanese invaders, duels and death matches that the founder of the style was involved in abound.

Quite honestly what these maestros survived is incredible and is more than worthy of kudos. These older gentlemen survived a totally different culture, socio-economic environment, time and, in some cases, a World War and foreign invasion of their homeland.

That having been said however, just because the founder of the system or lineage was a walking piece of bad-assed real-estate doesn't make you one.

They weren't knife fighters, those people were survivors. It's what comes from living a hellishly hard life. While they had physical skill that helped them, what kept them alive, what allowed them to strike fast enough, hard enough and brutally enough wasn't their art -- it was the commitment not to die. It was that grim savagery to do whatever is necessary and to do it faster and harder than the other person that kept them alive. In the lexicon, they had "heart."

Their art just allowed them to do that faster.

Knowing an art doesn't give you that kind of commitment, that kind of ruthlessness, that kind of grim endurance or that willingness to descend into savagery to stay alive. Just knowing the art doesn't make you a knife fighter. You have to have "heart" as well -- that willingness to wade through hell and come out the other side."

99medic
03-12-2009, 1:46 AM
I can appreciate someone devoting thier time and energy to training. Its about as un-selfish as it gets. I was definately rewarded with the experience and I think we all were. Each training evolution there is a progression and an adaptation that carries over and over etc. We are only here to better our weaknesses by realizing what they are and how we are effected and in the same turn realize the weaknesses of others and how it effects them. Becuase we utilize principles there always be constant change, adaptation and improvisation.

You make the rules when your life or the life of another is on the line.

IN RESPONSE TO "AKJUNKIES" PREVIOUS COMMENT... here is a tidbit from a well known "veteran"....

"Lie # 9 Knowing kali makes you a knife fighter
Kali, Escrima, Arnis, FMA, all of them have the aura and mystery of being weapons based arts. Deadly, savage arts of the Filipino warriors. Lurid stories about guerrilla actions against Japanese invaders, duels and death matches that the founder of the style was involved in abound.

Quite honestly what these maestros survived is incredible and is more than worthy of kudos. These older gentlemen survived a totally different culture, socio-economic environment, time and, in some cases, a World War and foreign invasion of their homeland.

That having been said however, just because the founder of the system or lineage was a walking piece of bad-assed real-estate doesn't make you one.

They weren't knife fighters, those people were survivors. It's what comes from living a hellishly hard life. While they had physical skill that helped them, what kept them alive, what allowed them to strike fast enough, hard enough and brutally enough wasn't their art -- it was the commitment not to die. It was that grim savagery to do whatever is necessary and to do it faster and harder than the other person that kept them alive. In the lexicon, they had "heart."

Their art just allowed them to do that faster.

Knowing an art doesn't give you that kind of commitment, that kind of ruthlessness, that kind of grim endurance or that willingness to descend into savagery to stay alive. Just knowing the art doesn't make you a knife fighter. You have to have "heart" as well -- that willingness to wade through hell and come out the other side."

Judging from this post I can tell that you do not know very much about Filipino Martial Arts.

Just a little background on myself. I am minoring in Filipino Studies in college and I read many books and did many research in many subjects about Philippine history especialy Filipino Martial Arts.

Before the Spanish arrived to the islands tribal conflicts was very common. Now there were the warrior class in the tribe they were called the mandirigma. they were there to protect the tribe. But, tribal ambushes and kidnappings were common that everybody in the tribe has to train in Kali in order to survive attacks. with this in mind Kali was a martial art based on practicality and simple to learn effective techniques since this was needed to be taught to everybody in the tribe.

Let's fast forward into the present day. Kali techniques have evolved through different encounters with numerous tribal wars and foreign invaders. It is still being used today as a means of survival in the Philippines to fight off muslim extremist, kidnappers, and robbers.

Training in Kali involves thinking in a warriors mentality of fighting to win and fighting to survive. For, second place means death.

BLACK LION
03-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Those are actually the words of Mark Macyoung. Hence the quotations and the bold lettering.
You are more than welcome to take that up with him.

I mean the following in General and is not directed toward any particular individual(s).
*I am not here to visit, discuss or study various styles of "martial arts" and "self defense". I am not here to debate about your training or anyones training at all.
*I am not here as a historian or an authoritative figure that you can utilize as a reference point.
*I am not here to spout out all my martial arts experience in all the domestic and exotic styles, or my extensive self defense repertoir.
Everyone is coming out of the bushes and throwing sand for only one reason... ''EGO''.

Get off the computer and come train for free people, there is nothing more simple than that. You want an expert in Kali,Eskrima,Silat,Wing Tsun,Muay Thai, Jeet Kun Do, Hapkido, San Soo etc. then go pay $$$ in a studio or seminar. If you want cutting edge self defense, then go pay for it.
I have 0% interest in fighting
I have 0% interest in dancing around or deuling around.
I have 0% interest in a martial chat room or some sort of dance around the campfire.

I am only interested in Principles here. I am only interested in instinctive survival.
I am only interested in assertiveness, ruthlessness, unwillingness to compromise or be compromised.
I am only interested in Force, Violence, before, during, after. None of us can afford the comfort of denial.

I can make any apologies for my abrasiveness. I have nothing to prove to anyone other than you have the power to make things happen, you have the power to turn things in your favor, you have the power to make your outcome by forging your way through any opposition, you have the power to project yourself beyond normal human capability.
Actions speak louder than words and even louder than internet chatter.
Show up and lets train, if not then carry on. I salute you.

BLACK LION
03-12-2009, 11:38 AM
"Training in Kali involves thinking in a warriors mentality of fighting to win and fighting to survive. For, second place means death."

This would be the most applicable aspect of everything just you just typed.

Its not only about "thinking in the mentality of the warrior"...it about operating with 100% mental, physical, emotional management and momentum as a professional warrior would . Hoping for peace, prepared for war. Ready and intent on laying it all on the line for whats just and right. Ignoring a fight, staying focused solely on combat and the ultimate game which is measured only in seconds and in which the winner lives and second place does not.

I understand FMA as a "knife fighting culture", very skilled and adept in what they train and do. It has its time and place and has earned the accolades it receives.
However, thats not how its done in prison or in the streets HERE. There is no checking or passing, none of that. Just an aggressive violent threat charging full bore into a vital zone with a shiv, shank,spike, nail , wire, plastic fork , broken broom handle etc.

99medic
03-12-2009, 5:05 PM
Like I said you do not know enough about Filipino Martial Arts to make your assumptions and judgement. I don't blame you not many people know and understand, not even most Filipinos.

I guess all I'm saying is use a little tact when saying negative things about peoples chosen martial arts system. The Martial Arts system they practice is tied to their culture and heritage.

BLACK LION
03-13-2009, 9:40 AM
I understand and respect your position and everyone elses. I would hope that everyone would do the same for me. I only began returning fire once fired at. Realize I came prepared for a fight becuase I know that most hardened martial artist are not willing to look another way. That is not the martial way... arguing over the internet is not the path that is set for the warrior. I come on here at work when I have a minute and thats it... I show up every Sunday even though I know no one will be there(accept you Zeus).
This is a services offered thread. Not a martial arts debate forum for everyone to throw sticks and stones. My opinions and convictions are not yours and vice versa. What I am getting, are people that want to argue instead of train.
I am not interested in culture, history or anything of that nature. I am not interested in debating wether or not I know enough about a particualr "martial art" or wether or not I am in a position to comment about them. I am not interested in knife fighting or gunfighting. I am only interested in surviving whatever is thrown at me as there are more dangers than jsust a knife or gun, it could be a drunk and derranged driver or someone who is about to set thier child on fire.
I fully understand how my kind of mindset effects others who do not harbor the same frame of mind. I was fully prepared for the onslaught prior to my initial post. However I see no one willing to contribute thier knowledge, experience, expertise and skill to the training. Nothing will be accomplished by typing on the net, not ever. We are not getting anything done here except straying further from the task at hand and thats TRAINING. We can all debate until the cows come home but thats not going to prevent violence from occurring, will it.

I respect all of you even though you have not technically earned it. I can afford to extend that courtesy. Instead of crapping the thread, I would hope that as experienced martial artists you would do the same. I have at no time bashed anyones art or culture , you must read and understand the approach before assuming its time to defend some heritage or martial art lineage.

SVT_Fox
03-14-2009, 2:06 PM
I did not read the whole 7 pages but, I just want to say this is badass, brilliant idea, and I wish it was in LA area also!

rojocorsa
03-15-2009, 6:43 PM
Dang. I wish I still lived in San Diego.

zenophon
03-15-2009, 6:49 PM
I live in the bay area (and am willing to travel), do you offer this training to any Calgun.net members or just San Diego members?

zenophon
03-16-2009, 5:15 AM
99medic, I'm not trying to bud in but I have to agree with Black Lion's philosophy which I'm trying to learn. I think it's about combining aggressive force, will to use any style/technique/resort of attack: to win is to survive is the only path. But foremost, get off your butts and keyboards and TRAIN like you want to survive. In life and death, there is no room for hoping you're good enough, or thinking, I know how to box, that's good enough. For pride, for thinking you got what it takes because no one can read minds and you may never know how much skill, training, factors, complexity an opponent/confrontation has so bone up and learn all variety and depth you can, practice it.

Last person I fought told me he knew how to box. He got rushed, pinned, punched in the side of his head, head-butted into a bloody-nose, thrown to the ground like a little girly. And when the fight first started, he told me, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall." All his limitations and assumptions lead to his defeat. He was the smaller guy, and I'm totally novice boxing, I did what I needed to do to win. i will kick, punch, head-butt, elbow, throw, pin, grapple, distract, intimidate, harass, entice etc so I will not just limit myself to grappling/wrestling because that's what I think I'm best at. i would love to train in dozens of arts, techniques. If i can get to San Diego I will but I'm in Silicon Valley. Otherwise everyone get ur training on and train to survive!

I think being limited, sentimental about someone's particular attachment on one or two arts is not wise, especially when it is sentimental or ethnocentric/culturally established. Better to cross-train in multiple arts/techniques, 300% readiness, and survive any combat than to be sentimental such as "my family for generations has studies such and such style." Frankly that is a weak feminine sentimentality. Save your sentimentality for other things in life. FIRST SURVIVE. When it comes to brutal combat, life-or-death situations, there is no time to be weak (that is unless it's part of your strategy to be "weak/dead" for survival). Sun Tzu, All war is based on deception. Think of the soldier that is lying down in the field pretending to be dead because he is outnumbered, then he lives to fight another day. Anything you can/need to do must be considered and employed to survive. Limiting the very structures of thoughts, perception, styles , techniques can be the very limitations that become, build, influence your defeat.

Consider how Bruce Lee studied nearly every form of fighting, looking for the best in each and even regretted formalizing a style into Jeet Kun Do because he did not want the limits, biases, weaknesses of a particular fighting style. Watch those old kung fu movies, the greatest fighters knew many techniques and styles to keep the other guy guessing so he can't adapt and predict your next attack(s). If Black Lion is zealous, I believe it's because he probably knows what he's talking about and is impatient with other members' mental-masturbation debates, lolly-gagging, and hesitation about getting the business done. I believe he is a highly trained, battle-ready individual and all this back and forth refined points and smorgasborg of mostly-half-@ssed, know-it-some/all opinions on the board is not what HE'S here for. Maybe why you're here but not him, he started the thread and post all you want, BUT: DO YOU WANT TO TRAIN/SURVIVE OR NOT??? If you have not been in the military, then you probably have no idea about the discipline and readiness to act and do without hesitation. That's what military discipline starts to develop. That's why you might still be debating small, irrelevant, lame points.

99medic
03-17-2009, 12:09 AM
99medic, I'm not trying to bud in but I have to agree with Black Lion's philosophy which I'm trying to learn. I think it's about combining aggressive force, will to use any style/technique/resort of attack: to win is to survive is the only path. But foremost, get off your butts and keyboards and TRAIN like you want to survive. In life and death, there is no room for hoping you're good enough, or thinking, I know how to box, that's good enough. For pride, for thinking you got what it takes because no one can read minds and you may never know how much skill, training, factors, complexity an opponent/confrontation has so bone up and learn all variety and depth you can, practice it.

Last person I fought told me he knew how to box. He got rushed, pinned, punched in the side of his head, head-butted into a bloody-nose, thrown to the ground like a little girly. And when the fight first started, he told me, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall." All his limitations and assumptions lead to his defeat. He was the smaller guy, and I'm totally novice boxing, I did what I needed to do to win. i will kick, punch, head-butt, elbow, throw, pin, grapple, distract, intimidate, harass, entice etc so I will not just limit myself to grappling/wrestling because that's what I think I'm best at. i would love to train in dozens of arts, techniques. If i can get to San Diego I will but I'm in Silicon Valley. Otherwise everyone get ur training on and train to survive!

I think being limited, sentimental about someone's particular attachment on one or two arts is not wise, especially when it is sentimental or ethnocentric/culturally established. Better to cross-train in multiple arts/techniques, 300% readiness, and survive any combat than to be sentimental such as "my family for generations has studies such and such style." Frankly that is a weak feminine sentimentality. Save your sentimentality for other things in life. FIRST SURVIVE. When it comes to brutal combat, life-or-death situations, there is no time to be weak (that is unless it's part of your strategy to be "weak/dead" for survival). Sun Tzu, All war is based on deception. Think of the soldier that is lying down in the field pretending to be dead because he is outnumbered, then he lives to fight another day. Anything you can/need to do must be considered and employed to survive. Limiting the very structures of thoughts, perception, styles , techniques can be the very limitations that become, build, influence your defeat.

Consider how Bruce Lee studied nearly every form of fighting, looking for the best in each and even regretted formalizing a style into Jeet Kun Do because he did not want the limits, biases, weaknesses of a particular fighting style. Watch those old kung fu movies, the greatest fighters knew many techniques and styles to keep the other guy guessing so he can't adapt and predict your next attack(s). If Black Lion is zealous, I believe it's because he probably knows what he's talking about and is impatient with other members' mental-masturbation debates, lolly-gagging, and hesitation about getting the business done. I believe he is a highly trained, battle-ready individual and all this back and forth refined points and smorgasborg of mostly-half-@ssed, know-it-some/all opinions on the board is not what HE'S here for. Maybe why you're here but not him, he started the thread and post all you want, BUT: DO YOU WANT TO TRAIN/SURVIVE OR NOT??? If you have not been in the military, then you probably have no idea about the discipline and readiness to act and do without hesitation. That's what military discipline starts to develop. That's why you might still be debating small, irrelevant, lame points.

First of all, I am career military with over 16 years in service and half of that was spent in my beloved Marine Corps. So, please don't lecture me on military discipline or training to survive. That's what I've been doing for the last 16 years. I am originally from the bay area and I will be coming home prior to my deployment to Iraq. I am willing to teach you what I know, So you will know what I am talking about. IM me your number to set this up.

zenophon
03-17-2009, 1:39 AM
In the spirit of simplicity, I only recommend you give Black Lion a chance and not show non-militant hesitation to learn which you did earlier which is what sparked this whole thing. Losing your temper is a disadvantage which you have demonstrated by your threat but understand that Marines are conditioned to go into a semi-berzerk state in their training. First to fight, first to die, this is why you are conditioned this way. You gotta be psyched up for assaults but this frenzy also introduces the element of instability. While this is good to get one's blood running and psyched up, it can lead to rash outcomes. Call that a lecture if you want. You cannot discount my understanding of strategy, discipline, and military matters. So far, you don't want to train, lose your temper, and post threats on public boards. Stay alert and stay alive in Iraq and thanks for your service.

99medic
03-17-2009, 2:19 AM
In the spirit of simplicity, I only recommend you give Black Lion a chance and not show non-militant hesitation to learn which you did earlier which is what sparked this whole thing. Losing your temper is a disadvantage which you have demonstrated by your threat but understand that Marines are conditioned to go into a semi-berzerk state in their training. First to fight, first to die, this is why you are conditioned this way. You gotta be psyched up for assaults but this frenzy also introduces the element of instability. While this is good to get one's blood running and psyched up, it can lead to rash outcomes. Call that a lecture if you want. You cannot discount my understanding of strategy, discipline, and military matters. So far, you don't want to train, lose your temper, and post threats on public boards. Stay alert and stay alive in Iraq and thanks for your service.

I think you mis understood my offer. I am offering you my knowledge to teach you what I know. Not a public threat. Judging from your post you do not know about Marines and how we train. Again, I am offering to for free my knowledge. IM me to set this up.

zenophon
03-17-2009, 2:33 AM
Just forget it, you should spend all your time with your family and friends. I never got a chance before deploying to PGW1 straight from AIT but my brother who was also in the military visited me at APG, MD. But hit me up when you come back, I am quite out of condition. I will admit I have the ability to get under people's skin and can bring the worst out of people at times so I apologize for my demeanor and offenses.

thatrogue
03-17-2009, 8:16 AM
Wow... I'm sorta appalled at fellow calgunners having such a negative reaction to an member taking action to organize free collaborative combat training.

I would love to join in but I'm up here in Nor cal (Roseville). Any S/F or martial arts guys wanna start something like this up here?

BLACK LION
03-17-2009, 9:00 AM
Wow... I'm sorta appalled at fellow calgunners having such a negative reaction to an member taking action to organize free collaborative combat training.

I truly understand why and I harbor no ill will to those that choose that path. Actuality will be eventual and the painted picture of what life was thought to be will cease to exist. That perception of reality is bound and gagged by the ego and all the selfishness it brings. I have no time and no place for selfishness. Combat is selfless. Decisive, assertive action knows no ego and no ignorance. It is pure, it is simple, it is void. "Many are called but few are really chosen". Warriors dont behave like most people so I dont expect everyone to really "answer the call". Actual warriors will answer, the ones that perceive themselves to be will dance around. Everything I train to be is not what most people want. People want a fight, these guys want to be "fighters" and I truly apologize becuase I cannot train you to fight. I can only share with you the means to an end in the face of combat where living and dying is measured in seconds and the loser pays with thier life.

At the same time, the nonchalant indecisive attitude is not what I am looking for in a fellow "soldier". So the majority of those with any kind of interest will decline training based on thier perception of reality. I dont blame guys like zenophon coming in here to take a bite of of some people becuase he can see this as disrespectful but some act differently to disrespct than others. He obviously is the type that does not take kindly to what he feels may be disrespectful. I dont blame anyone for thier actions becuase that is your battle alone to face.

99medic... you feinted like you were all in before based on the few pm's you sent me. Its obvious from the start you were bent on molding FMA into the training based on your own pre-conceived ideas...your words=("I am interested, I teach filipino martial arts and I could throw that in the training.") I wouldnt have a problem taking what is useful from your experience becuase that is the idea...using what ACTUALLY works...but again, I am not here to specify style and technique. Now did I belittle you or bash you in my response to that pm even though you obviously were bent on adding FMA to the training???? No, I did not. I responded to you by asking for your input and suggestions and then I answered your questions about my "experience" and told you what the training was about in a sense. You then asked when, where and how many attendees...then proceeded to tell me you couldnt make it. I said no problem. You then replied= "Sorry it took me this long to answer, I 've been busy. Do you want to start next Sat. on the 28th. I have some protective gear, training blades, and training pistols."
Then you saw some way to be offended based on your own ego and eagerness to defend your culture and heritage etc. Now you want to teach someone else a lesson. Makes no sense from an observers standpoint. I see contradiction, which is exactly what I wish to rid trainin of. Its obvious you were bent on molding FMA into the training based on your own pre-conceived ideas and I dont have a problem with that but understand that this is not yours to do with what you want... it is not your martial art or anyone elses... it is not mine either... there is a much higher purpose driving this that is beyond any one person or entity.
Accept that we are all formless, able to adapt to anything anywhere at anytime. We only need to know its possible...regardless of opposition, internal or external. I am here... empty and selfless, with only my hands to make war... I have extended my self unconditionally to all you. If there exists a warrior in any of you... a true warrior instinct... you will answer... selflessly

I show respect... even if it is not returned

stormy_clothing
03-17-2009, 3:35 PM
at this point I really fee like this post should get deleted and start over and any pertinent questions asked should be addressed by editing the first one.

otherwise I would be interested in attending a class especially if your going to come up to the IE but I would'nt mind driving down to SD.

zenophon
03-17-2009, 6:22 PM
On the other hand, it's useful for people to see and learn from different opinions and to know this kind of outcome happens

BLACK LION
03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Exactly. This is a learning tool, for me especially. The thread will stay alive as long as I permit it to(unless the powers that be see otherwise). Things change and progress daily and I adpt to them and make necessary updates.

I am willing to extend myself if you will do the same. I am willing to push myself if you will do the same. I am willing to bleed if you will do the same.
I cannot make a warrior out of anyone. That path is clearly a choice only you can make for yourself. If you do choose the path, I am willing to stand side by side with you in combat...until there is no enemy!

99medic
03-18-2009, 12:24 PM
I truly understand why and I harbor no ill will to those that choose that path. Actuality will be eventual and the painted picture of what life was thought to be will cease to exist. That perception of reality is bound and gagged by the ego and all the selfishness it brings. I have no time and no place for selfishness. Combat is selfless. Decisive, assertive action knows no ego and no ignorance. It is pure, it is simple, it is void. "Many are called but few are really chosen". Warriors dont behave like most people so I dont expect everyone to really "answer the call". Actual warriors will answer, the ones that perceive themselves to be will dance around. Everything I train to be is not what most people want. People want a fight, these guys want to be "fighters" and I truly apologize becuase I cannot train you to fight. I can only share with you the means to an end in the face of combat where living and dying is measured in seconds and the loser pays with thier life.

At the same time, the nonchalant indecisive attitude is not what I am looking for in a fellow "soldier". So the majority of those with any kind of interest will decline training based on thier perception of reality. I dont blame guys like zenophon coming in here to take a bite of of some people becuase he can see this as disrespectful but some act differently to disrespct than others. He obviously is the type that does not take kindly to what he feels may be disrespectful. I dont blame anyone for thier actions becuase that is your battle alone to face.

99medic... you feinted like you were all in before based on the few pm's you sent me. Its obvious from the start you were bent on molding FMA into the training based on your own pre-conceived ideas...your words=("I am interested, I teach filipino martial arts and I could throw that in the training.") I wouldnt have a problem taking what is useful from your experience becuase that is the idea...using what ACTUALLY works...but again, I am not here to specify style and technique. Now did I belittle you or bash you in my response to that pm even though you obviously were bent on adding FMA to the training???? No, I did not. I responded to you by asking for your input and suggestions and then I answered your questions about my "experience" and told you what the training was about in a sense. You then asked when, where and how many attendees...then proceeded to tell me you couldnt make it. I said no problem. You then replied= "Sorry it took me this long to answer, I 've been busy. Do you want to start next Sat. on the 28th. I have some protective gear, training blades, and training pistols."
Then you saw some way to be offended based on your own ego and eagerness to defend your culture and heritage etc. Now you want to teach someone else a lesson. Makes no sense from an observers standpoint. I see contradiction, which is exactly what I wish to rid trainin of. Its obvious you were bent on molding FMA into the training based on your own pre-conceived ideas and I dont have a problem with that but understand that this is not yours to do with what you want... it is not your martial art or anyone elses... it is not mine either... there is a much higher purpose driving this that is beyond any one person or entity.
Accept that we are all formless, able to adapt to anything anywhere at anytime. We only need to know its possible...regardless of opposition, internal or external. I am here... empty and selfless, with only my hands to make war... I have extended my self unconditionally to all you. If there exists a warrior in any of you... a true warrior instinct... you will answer... selflessly

I show respect... even if it is not returned

This the last time I am posting because this is out of hand. I was offering my knowledge skill and equipment to add on to the pot, and for some reason It was misunderstood and taken as a threat. The reason I didn't answer back that quickly is that I am preparing to deploy out in a few months and my time is a premium right now. Unfortunately, your SUN training conflicts with my work schedule.

The way I see it, this was suppose to be a professional exchange of skills and knowledge. Teach me what you now and I teach you what I know. Not, a "I have a bigger dick" contest.

Don't slam other people's chosen martial art system. There is always something to learn that is practical and it works.

On that note. When I was going through my training. My classmates were all LEO, and military. One of them was a retired SF Sergeant Major, (now a PSD) and the other was a former Force Recon Marine, (now a border patrol agent). Both, told me that training in FMA helped them survive attacks while doing their jobs. The Sergeant Major gave me a good peice of advise. "It's good to learn different skills to put in your tactical tool box".

Good luck with your training.

BLACK LION
03-20-2009, 8:45 AM
No, you are not "misunderstood" or taken as a "threat". I understand completely. It is the other way around. You misunderstood what I said and took it as a threat and turned it around on me. End of story.

You are welcome anytime my friend. I want to train and be trained... no more, no less.

Wildman
03-21-2009, 6:59 PM
My question to you is what are your creds? What styles or disciplines have you studied, how many students have you taught and what is your experience. I commend you for teaching your techniques free to Cal guners. Violence is Violence. Yes, gross motor movements are the best for a person who doesn't train daily. Violence is ripping the groin, taking an eye out or striking the throat area. Yes, Violence is real ugly, and alot of people don't want to go there.

Alot can be avoided by knowing where not to be, but sometimes that cannot be avoided. Yes, Violence is quick and ugly. Things can go wrong quickly and your mindset has to be ready, situational awareness.

Yes, there is martial arts, MMA, KALI and pure old street fighting. Street fighting is based on people that usually don't have martial arts experience, but there techniques are effective and brutal. Unfortunately even bad guys are now using MMA techniques now.

The crook will look for victims, not someone that can take care of themselves. They look for the weak as the easy target.

I have trained in many self defence techiques such as Kenpo, kali, Military, LE, Krav Maga etc. Each has it's pros and cons, but they all work.

Good luck in your ventures.

tankerman
03-22-2009, 4:52 PM
This is one of the strangest threads I've ever read on CGN.

zenophon
03-22-2009, 7:01 PM
We do live in strange times don't we?

BLACK LION
03-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Just come and train. This is not a debate.

BLACK LION
03-23-2009, 12:54 PM
My main goal here is to train whats relevant today for unarmed and armed combat. No more, no less. One does not have to explore a bunch of options from different combat sports or fighting arts and try to piece together what works or may work. We will train what works and if it doesnt , its dropped. We will always adapt and progress. We will always remain unconventional. In this business and training, only injuries count. If the threat isnt completely neutralized then you have not done your job. If you are immersed in violence that you full well could have avoided then you are not being a professional.

I am striving to be as professional with my "weapons" as possible. I know there are those out there that want the same. This is the place, no strings attached. It gets no better. Where else are there live bodies, free of charge, willing to commit to train and adapt unconventional combatives. No where.

joe920
03-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Does anyone here get the feeling black lion got this idea from Napoleon Dynamite's Rex-Kwan-Do character?

"I'm Rex, founder of the Rex Kwon Do Self-Defense Sysetem. After one week with me in my dojo, you'lle be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man. Come down today for your free trial lesson!"

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/vegasgoodfella/bow.jpg

BLACK LION
03-28-2009, 9:10 AM
thanks for the free bump.

You must have joined the forum just to make that comment. In fact, if I check your IP address its probably the same as another registered user with more posts and more of a reputation. Back under the bridge troll...This is your first post. HMMMMMMM

Show up and train on sunday for free. If not, everything you say means nothing and you can join the club of people who only talk from a table. I am here for training only, not to babysit people that dont want out of thier box.

You spent all that time skipping down a picture of some whack *** movie to make reference to instead of coming up with something professional to retort.

Common sense is not so common it seems.

tkmech21
03-28-2009, 10:14 PM
I have read this thread quite a few times over the past couple of weeks, I was wondering if I was going to come back today and read that people have been going and are learning somthing. But no, just the same knocking the OP for what he's trying to do. I wouldn't mind going to check it out just to see what its all about, but don't get much time to do such things. I really hope thing work out for you and you have a great following. I actually think its very admirable of you to offer your time to try to teach something you feel strongly about, without asking for a dime. I bet none of the hecklers would do that. When in a real life situation you more than likely won't be going head to head with bruce lee or a seal. I think anything you can learn and continually practice will put you above the norm. Much respect and keep going.

zenophon
03-30-2009, 11:16 AM
I wanna be a badass like Black Lion!
- and I'm gonna train as much as I can to go that direction!

BLACK LION
03-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I really appreciate the positive reinforcement. Thank you!

I have left the invitation open ended. It is free to calgunners and anyone they would like to bring, indefinately. It is not free becuase I dont have the experience to charge but becuase its a service that can be provided on my free time away from my full time job. I dont train to pay bills, I have a day job. I dont need your money. I just want to train, thats it.
Even if I was an "ex-seal" or sof-sf-swat-srt etc it wouldnt mean I have extensive hand to hand knowledge and experience. They operate hot at all times and are rarely in a position where they are forced to use thier bare hands or a small blade. They are not extensively trained in that area by the military and are at liberty to seek private consultation. When the govt does spend the time and money for that training , its normally done by a private entity. We exist in a realm where we are not adorned daily with body armor, full auto smgs, rifles , entry tools, explosives, 7 guys watching my tail etc....
Its just me, alone in a cold and violent realm with only my blade-taser-oc spray etc and a firearm locked in may car....thats it... I must train accordingly.... I grew up in a hard time of gangs and violence...my expertise comes from the school of hard knocks... I have been assaulted multiple times by multiple assailants... I have been stomped-blugeoned with bottles- stabbed at etc.... on the street...close to home.... close to church...close to school... I didnt just wake up and decide to lie and cheat people into thinking I am qualified to un-lock the pearly gates in heaven... I am merely here to train with you to answer those actual questions about real world violence that you and I alike could face anytime anywhere from anyone.

I knew from the start that many would get the call but few would choose the way. Nevertheless the training still happens wether its one person or 20 people. It does not bother me that the hecklers and naysayers do what they do best. Its all they do! They dont bother showing up! If they did, they would get training that is acceptable to them becuase its them who have the questions that need to be answered and until they face them head on they will be stuck in the imaginary, hypothetical or theoretical realm.

I went out a purchased an m500 airsoft replica with the pistol grip and short barrel. I had never worked against a shotgun without a stock and neither did my partner. It was a definate eye opener and we both learned something great from it.

Its not about me being the master and teaching you all a lesson... Its about us learning-teaching-training each other. I will always remain a student becuase there is always something to learn. I am merely attempting to simplify the approach and the execution.

BLACK LION
03-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I wanna be a badass like Black Lion!
- and I'm gonna train as much as I can to go that direction!

I am no badass:) Just a lion amongst wolves and sheep...

Big Dog Howie
04-02-2009, 9:34 PM
To tell you the truth I know nothing about self defense,so I would be very intrested in learning how to defend my family and my self.I realize the world we live in can erupt in violence in your face with no rhyme or reason at any time.If your training can teach me how to protect my family and my self I am intrested.When will you be in the IE

Matt C
04-02-2009, 9:49 PM
This thread is on the verge of becoming epic, I can feel it.

stormy_clothing
04-06-2009, 1:39 PM
http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/images/movie/large/Monty_python_and_the_holy_grail.jpg

chefdude
04-07-2009, 10:52 PM
what kind of fitness levels do you require for your training? I am not 400lbs but I am sure that there are a few out there that would like to know. Thanks

glbtrottr
04-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Geezus christmas, people.

The man offers to hang out and work on skills, and y'all wanna bash on the man's quals. This is the exact kind of behavior that has this country in the condition it's in. Seriously....

"Well, what if he doesn't know what he's doing. we could get injured"
"Well, maybe he's not qualified. Waste of time".
"Maybe what he's teaching is outdated or incomplete".
"Aren't there better ways to accomplish this?"
"How is he better than what I already know?"

Such femenization of thought and wasteful analysis, when he has made is answers plenty clear.

Grow the f*ck up, peeps.

A man offered a service...free at that. You can b*llsh*t about you get what you pay for all you want, when in reality, some people simply do their best to try to give back. I can't imagine that so many of you could be cynical to that extent, so it's clearly a misunderstanding.

The 2nd amendment is clear about the right to bear arms and self defense is clear as its intent; that libbies want to make it about hunting is another comical matter altogether. Blacklion is simply offering to coordinate a group or teach people skills related to self defense - both relevant and non trivial.

Quit the s*it and let those interested in such an event participate and at least get a few nuggets or a substantial amount of learning. I never realized the percentage-of-troll content in a thread as much as I did today - and God knows I'm a lurker. Instead of criticizing the lad, show up and lend a hand, lazy-boy junkies.

If I was in San Diego, I'd show up to play, lend a hand, or meet new peeps. Flame suit on.

- a former Anglico, Battallion, Force, and CAG Marine.

BLACK LION
04-08-2009, 9:37 AM
what kind of fitness levels do you require for your training? I am not 400lbs but I am sure that there are a few out there that would like to know. Thanks

I do not set "physical requirements". I leave that to the individual. If there is something being done that a person "cannot" do then they do not have to do it. If a man in a wheel chair or with one arm or an older lady with bad arthritis came to me I would not turn them away...I would adapt to them and they to me.
Adaptation... improvisation

You DO have to be athletic and competitive to take part in combat sports...

You DO NOT have to have any of these attributes to injure a human or animal...
I am not here for sport or competition...I am here to merely share with you how to use a chain of injury to neutralize a threat to your person preservation or that of others.

To inflict continuous pain requires a level of athletic ability and training.

To inflict continuous injury requires only the knowledge of cause and effect and the intent and decisiveness to execute.

BLACK LION
04-08-2009, 9:58 AM
Geezus christmas, people.

The man offers to hang out and work on skills, and y'all wanna bash on the man's quals. This is the exact kind of behavior that has this country in the condition it's in. Seriously....

"Well, what if he doesn't know what he's doing. we could get injured"
"Well, maybe he's not qualified. Waste of time".
"Maybe what he's teaching is outdated or incomplete".
"Aren't there better ways to accomplish this?"
"How is he better than what I already know?"

Such femenization of thought and wasteful analysis, when he has made is answers plenty clear.

Grow the f*ck up, peeps.

A man offered a service...free at that. You can b*llsh*t about you get what you pay for all you want, when in reality, some people simply do their best to try to give back. I can't imagine that so many of you could be cynical to that extent, so it's clearly a misunderstanding.

The 2nd amendment is clear about the right to bear arms and self defense is clear as its intent; that libbies want to make it about hunting is another comical matter altogether. Blacklion is simply offering to coordinate a group or teach people skills related to self defense - both relevant and non trivial.

Quit the s*it and let those interested in such an event participate and at least get a few nuggets or a substantial amount of learning. I never realized the percentage-of-troll content in a thread as much as I did today - and God knows I'm a lurker. Instead of criticizing the lad, show up and lend a hand, lazy-boy junkies.

If I was in San Diego, I'd show up to play, lend a hand, or meet new peeps. Flame suit on.

- a former Anglico, Battallion, Force, and CAG Marine.

I CAN APPRECIATE SOMEONE WHO OBSERVES THINGS FOR WHAT THEY TRULY ARE AND NOT WHAT THEY WANT THEM TO BE...

There is always a clear difference between a true warrior and those that dance around in the magical land of pixe dust.

A Warrior does what he does becuase it is in him to do so. In the midst of greatness and victory he vanishes without a trace leaving credit to the wind and taking none for his own.
My hands extend to everyone as a fellow warrior asking that you all fight beside me in these terrible times and inturn your reward is the ruthless ability to act and execute when called upon and my reward is the same...

Before any of you ask me what my accomplishments and accolades are... ask yourself what you have SELFLESSLY done for your fellow man -woman-child that contributes to the greater good... I am not here to give my credits nor take any from anyone. I am here as a service to share my tools to those that wish to be Lions amongst wolves and sheep and in-turn accept nothing for myself accept progression. You are welcome anytime... free to everyone.

Respect to all... even to those that do not give but only demand it.

Broderick

Canucker
04-08-2009, 7:43 PM
Wow!

This is a crazy weird thread... :popcorn:

I agree with some of you... the guy is offering free lessons/awareness/education... if anybody gains anything positive its a plus. Try it out... if its not for you don't go back. We're all men that make our own decisions...

Instead of bashing why not help the guy out; especially if you have specific skills you can provide. There are a lot of people out there that have no clue how to protect themselves... if anything maybe this will help people become more interested in developing skills.

Awhile ago I was introduced to Jiu-jitsu (I don't follow MMA or anything like that.) I've never taken any kind of martial arts classes etc so this was completely new to me. I don't know if I'm being trained by the master of BJJ or not but I can tell you that what I've learned in the last few months has made by ground game way more effective.... mind you I still have a long long road to travel.

Try him out and then make your decision.... (and if you do have advanced real world skills maybe you can contribute as well.)

chiselchst
04-09-2009, 2:23 AM
From my limited time at here Calguns, this has NOT revealed the best side of it's members community spirit...

I agree, why are people complaining about a free service offered? Attend or not, he's not trying to sell anything!

It's like calling someone to inquire about some free firewood, then compalining because it isn't what you wanted - or wasn't the "right" quality, blah, blah...LOL.

Black Lion, if someone isn't pleased with the training, can they have their money back? :43:

BLACK LION
04-10-2009, 9:46 AM
I cannot refund time... :)

Training this Sunday in IE @ sylvan park on the colton ave side...

Mouthpieces, safety glasses or goggles and a cup or groin protection are recommended but not required... street shoes or boots preferred as well as some sort of khaki or camo/bdu.... We strive to make training as actual as possible while keeping safety of ourselves and each other one of the highest priorities...

I will have airsoft m500 pump/ hk45 / ak47 and a few rubber knives and bats handy for scenario and force on force(for safety-always unloaded)... If you have some equipment to contribute then by all means do so. I try to have a wide variety of common utensils one could face or utilize on hand. Please make sure it is safe and there is no possibility of an "accident". I dont do "oops, I thought" ...

Soldier415
04-10-2009, 10:07 AM
I agree with Tankerman. This is a strange thread.

BLACK LION
04-15-2009, 4:07 PM
I will post pics soon

NATIVE
04-23-2009, 3:11 PM
27 year old - FEMALE... "in training"

For all those "weary" ones out there... (Soldier415 and Tankerman - sorry to call you out, but you are hating on someone's passion to train others, you should be ashamed of yourselves)...
Please know that this is some serious training from a serious dude.
If you're not down to go and try it out for yourself, then why even post a reply in the first place? ... Just a waste of time I say, but you know what isn't...
Black Lion Combatives!
Thank You to Broderick for taking the time to try and help/train those that are serious.:thumbsup:

***A story below for all those that are hating on what you're trying to do...
Let's see if they show up to the Park...

Your Weakness
By Author Unknown

This is a story of one 10-year-old boy who decided to study judo despite the fact that he had lost his left arm in a devastating car accident.

The boy began lessons with an old Japanese judo master. The boy was doing well, so he couldn't understand why, after three months of training, the master had taught him only one move. "Sensei," the boy finally said, "Shouldn't I be learning more moves?"

"This is the only move you know, but this is the only move you'll ever need to know," the Sensei replied. Not quite understanding, but believing in his teacher, the boy kept training.

Several months later, the Sensei took the boy to his first tournament. Surprising himself, the boy easily won his first two matches. The third match proved to be more difficult, but after some time, his opponent became impatient and charged; the boy deftly used his one move to win the match. Still amazed by his success, the boy was now in the finals.

This time, his opponent was bigger, stronger, and more experienced. For a while, the boy appeared to be overmatched. Concerned that the boy might get hurt, the referee called a time-out. He was about to stop the match when the Sensei intervened. "No," the Sensei insisted, "Let him continue."

Soon after the match resumed, his opponent made a critical mistake: he dropped his guard. Instantly, the boy used his move to pin him. The boy had won the match and the tournament. He was the champion.

On the way home, the boy and Sensei reviewed every move in each and every match. Then the boy summoned the courage to ask what was really on his mind. "Sensei, how did I win the tournament with only one move?" "You won for two reasons," the Sensei answered. "First, you've almost mastered one of the most difficult throws in all of judo. And second, the only known defense for that move is for your opponent to grab your left arm."

The boy's greatest weakness had become his greatest strength.

BLACK LION
04-23-2009, 4:43 PM
That was PROFOUND!!! of course you are welcome to train any time!

It always amazes how many people will stand in line to spit in the face of someone attempting to do whats right or just....

I ask for nothing, but will give any and everything....despite the negativity, my hand is still extended... each and every week I show and train, while others just conquer the world in their brains...

I am here should you accept the path...

I respect all of you... thank you for your time

Soldier415
04-24-2009, 12:26 AM
27 year old - FEMALE... "in training"

For all those "weary" ones out there... (Soldier415 and Tankerman - sorry to call you out, but you are hating on someone's passion to train others, you should be ashamed of yourselves)...

How is commenting that this is a strange thread hating on someone's passion to train? :confused:

NATIVE
04-24-2009, 8:58 AM
SOLDIER415,
YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT TAKING BLACK LION/BRODERICK SERIOUSLY.
He is posting his training online here at Calguns.net to get those that are serious to come try it out (FOR FREE!) - OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVEN'T. That is ok, but why have anything NEGATIVE to say in the first place? ... like, "I agree with Tankerman. This is a strange thread."
What's so strange about it? I think it's a great thing what Black Lion is doing... You never know when you might need to protect yourself in a dangerous situation, and I'll be damned if I let someone hurt me or my daughter. If it's just me and her then I am her protector... and I better know how to do so.
Stop "knocking" and just come in.
***Take the man seriously - He is out there EVERY Sunday at the Park, training just a couple of guys, but they are serious.***
With all due respect SOLDIER415, please don't be offended.

11wnb
04-24-2009, 9:46 AM
Blacklion, just found and read this thread. Are you going to be at Balboa this Sunday 4/26?

Matt C
04-24-2009, 9:47 AM
SOLDIER415,
***Take the man seriously

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2111/2263594698_1a1f492017.jpg?v=0

Soldier415
04-24-2009, 9:58 AM
SOLDIER415,

Not that I am not taking him seriously, I just don't know what to make of this whole thread yet. Guy barges on the forum typing in all caps, being confrontational, talking about a "system" of defense that has never been put to the test and talking in a manner that is strangely similar to Gecko45.

He is posting his training online here at Calguns.net to get those that are serious to come try it out (FOR FREE!) - OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVEN'T.

Obviously, I am in AFGHANISTAN :rolleyes:

That is ok, but why have anything NEGATIVE to say in the first place? ... like, "I agree with Tankerman. This is a strange thread." What's so strange about it? I think it's a great thing what Black Lion is doing...

Maybe because of the attitude of the OP? I could understand if he came on here and said, "I have a few ideas about unarmed self defense, and based on what I have been looking into, this could work...but it hasn't been tested or proven yet. Why don't you come down to the park and I'll show you what I have developed"

You never know when you might need to protect yourself in a dangerous situation,

Yes, I do know...I have done it. More times than I care to count ;)

I have been stabbed (twice), hit in the head with a bat, had beer bottles broken on my head and face, and have fractured almost every knuckle in my hands...I know nothing about unarmed combat and defending myself in dangerous situations.

and I'll be damned if I let someone hurt me or my daughter. If it's just me and her then I am her protector... and I better know how to do so.

If the above in the case, don't limit yourself to an unproven system...might want to take some classes from guys who have spent years proving it in actual unarmed combat and have found what works and what doesn't in a real life situation.

Stop "knocking" and just come in.

See location. I have no problem checking it out. As I have said before, I think it is strange that the OP swoops in here like the knowitall and be all of hand to hand.

***Take the man seriously

Kind of hard with the way he talks on here. He is probably a guy i'd enjoy knocking a few beers back with. But the confrontational attitude and his knocking of proven martial arts/unarmed combat systems makes it hard.

With all due respect SOLDIER415, please don't be offended.

I'm a loud, foul mouthed, cigar smoking old school NCO who drinks whiskey straight by the bottle and plays with ordnance...you do not have the capacity to offend me ;)

See my responses in bold

NATIVE
04-24-2009, 11:30 AM
FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY - I AM GRATEFUL FOR THAT AND I APPLAUD YOU.
I PRAY THAT YOU WILL MAKE IT HOME SAFE...

BUT PLEASE DON'T FORGET THAT THERE IS A WAR AT HOME AS WELL.
AND COMING FROM A WOMAN...IT IS A HARDER WAR TO FIGHT EVERYDAY FOR US...PLEASE BELIEVE THAT.
(in all CAPS)...

Now, where were we...?

Hopefully you are not:
"a loud, foul mouthed, cigar smoking old school NCO who drinks whiskey straight by the bottle and plays with ordnance..."
AROUND YOUR PEERS...AND ESPECIALLY AROUND YOUR SUPERIORS.

YOU ARE DEFINATELY ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AS WELL AS I...
FOR ME...I WILL CONTINUE TO TRAIN AS I PLEASE, ABSORBING AS MUCH AS I CAN TO PROTECT MINE.

Thank You to Calguns.net for I have found who I would like to get training from...
So that I don't have to be:
stabbed (twice), hit in the head with a bat, have beer bottles broken on my head and face, and fracture almost every knuckle in my hands...

SOLDIER415: say what you will...
"I know nothing about unarmed combat and defending myself in dangerous situations." ...hmmm?

US CIVILIANS ARE NOT ALL ALLOWED TO WALK THE STREETS ARMED, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT.

AND I WON'T:
"limit myself to an unproven system."
BUT I WILL:
"take some classes from a guy who has spent years proving it in actual unarmed combat and has found what works and what doesn't in a real life situation."

tankerman
04-24-2009, 9:43 PM
Please know that this is some serious training from a serious dude.Obviously you've not read this thread from start to finish. I have, and there are some very bizzare exchanges.

Why are you being so sensitive?

mk3mitch
04-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Could it be Gecko45....are the legends true....

BLACK LION
04-25-2009, 9:03 AM
Everyone relax!
If you want to just drop by to take a shyt here then so be it...everyone is at liberty to do as they please. You are contributing nothing towards progression, just adding to the festering septic tank!
I have done nothing but keep things respectfull and you WILL honor that...

Unfortunatley here for most, we are not at liberty to carry an m4 to the atm or even a pistol for that matter....we are forced to utilize our minds and bodies with minimal snap on options to diffuse or destroy a threat... thats even if one is trained and up to the task which most are not... they are more comfortable hiding in thier denial bubbles... themedia and internet help a great deal with that. Its crystal clear.
You think I know nothing of tools or the trade becuase I am not busting in doors dumping a beta mag on its occupants...or riding around in a humvee behind a hot .50 cal... I did my time and I served my country. Guess what??? Still didnt teach me shyt about the cold, hard unforgiving streets I so reluctantly left at age 17. Just to "stay away for these areas when on liberty or leave"... WTF is that teaching me about the crackhead by the dumpster ready and willing to gut me and/or rape my woman and set my child on fire just because some voices are telling him to.
Or some derranged psychotic ex-husband high on pcp and armed to the teeth coming into an office building to kill his girl and every one he sees becuase she left him and took his kids.
Where is the rigs and gear then...wheres the fire team...wheres the sniper team...wheres the blackhawk...where all the deadly hand to hand they dont teach...
Its not there and its not coming.... now everyones dead and the he has the gun on himself asking for a ride down to mexico ....

I will be @ Balboa Sunday 4/26...everyone is welcome.

Soldier415
04-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Everyone relax!
If you want to just drop by to take a shyt here then so be it...everyone is at liberty to do as they please. You are contributing nothing towards progression, just adding to the festering septic tank!
I have done nothing but keep things respectfull and you WILL honor that...

Unfortunatley here for most, we are not at liberty to carry an m4 to the atm or even a pistol for that matter....we are forced to utilize our minds and bodies with minimal snap on options to diffuse or destroy a threat... thats even if one is trained and up to the task which most are not... they are more comfortable hiding in thier denial bubbles... themedia and internet help a great deal with that. Its crystal clear.
You think I know nothing of tools or the trade becuase I am not busting in doors dumping a beta mag on its occupants...or riding around in a humvee behind a hot .50 cal... I did my time and I served my country. Guess what??? Still didnt teach me shyt about the cold, hard unforgiving streets I so reluctantly left at age 17. Just to "stay away for these areas when on liberty or leave"... WTF is that teaching me about the crackhead by the dumpster ready and willing to gut me and/or rape my woman and set my child on fire just because some voices are telling him to.
Or some derranged psychotic ex-husband high on pcp and armed to the teeth coming into an office building to kill his girl and every one he sees becuase she left him and took his kids.
Where is the rigs and gear then...wheres the fire team...wheres the sniper team...wheres the blackhawk...where all the deadly hand to hand they dont teach...
Its not there and its not coming.... now everyones dead and the he has the gun on himself asking for a ride down to mexico ....

I will be @ Balboa Sunday 4/26...everyone is welcome.
In case anyone was wondering, this is what I meant by this being a strange thread.

Its not that I don't appreciate what you are trying to do...its just the way you come across.

Its like if Gecko45 and SemiAutoSam procreated...

BLACK LION
04-25-2009, 11:16 AM
come across to who...

people with no intention on every taking part....???

Its the internet... I dont expect you to understand.
I am not inviting people to a forum so we can talk "fantasy fighting".
I am inviting people out to face thier fears and limitations and put their bodies throught it to demolish it. Its that simple. It does not require all this bullshyt hanky panky and consistent regurgitation...

reffering me to the likeness of another "internet handle" or "screen name" only makes things more silly... I give you flesh and bone and a 200% willingness and ability to model success in threatening confrontation. This isnt some chat room pissing contest with insignificant people whom you will never meet or see.
"SERVICES OFFERED"... not come and disprove me with you bantering or ranting about proven systems or any of that bs....

if its proven, then prove it...prove it will work everytime with anyone...

thats what Sundays are for... to dispell any bullshyt without spending your hard earned money to figure it out when its too late....

BLACK LION
04-28-2009, 11:46 AM
still training.

BLACK LION
05-06-2009, 3:29 PM
If you have the time to show up, please do.
If you need trainingon another day, please let me know and I can accomodate.