223Larry
01-15-2009, 7:42 AM
For sale G2 SS frame with grip in great shape.300 in central vally. Thanks

parcours
01-15-2009, 7:45 AM
PM Sent

Blackpowder Burner
01-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Is this frame and grip only with no barrel? Is it classified as a pistol or rifle.

223Larry
01-15-2009, 11:59 AM
This is a SS pistol frame only with grip.

parcours
01-15-2009, 2:14 PM
Correct if I'm wrong.... I verified with DOJ a while back as I was looking for a G2 frame....

The FRAME on it's own cannot be DROS'd, it must have a barrel. Also DROSing it as pistol allows you to convert it to a rifle, but not vice versa.

So, if you want the capability of being to shoot it as a pistol or rifle, you must DROS it as a pistol.

If we were closer, I'd throw a barrel on it and DROS it....

Do you ever get down to So. Cal?

22popnsplat
01-15-2009, 2:49 PM
One point many fail to know is that it must have left the factory as handgun , a rifle can be later regestered as handgun but that will not make it a legal handgun .

parcours
01-15-2009, 2:55 PM
One point many fail to know is that it must have left the factory as handgun , a rifle can be later registered as handgun but that will not make it a legal handgun .

Good point!

OP, do you know if it was DROS'd as a rifle or handgun?

Unlike the Encore, that was only a rifle.

CHS
01-15-2009, 4:07 PM
The SS G2 in a private-party transaction can be DROS'ed on its own as a frame only pistol. It is roster-exempt due to it being a PPT.

Unlike the Encore, that was only a rifle.

I'd like to know why you believe that. Seeing as how I own an Encore SS pistol:

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/bdsmchs/IMG_4305.jpg

Bought it from a calgunner. I got the factory box with it that stated it was a pistol frame.

parcours
01-15-2009, 4:32 PM
That is what DOJ told me, even the PPT has to have a barrel.

I know it doesn't make sense and trust me I drilled the person at the DOJ. He even put me on hold and asked someone else, same answer...

Can't DROS a G2 or TC Contender FRAME only. Must be DROS'd with a barrel. It can be a pistol or rifle, just make sure that if you're going to change the configuration between rifle/pistol, you DROS it as a pistol.

As to the Encore, they specifically said since these were built as rifles only, it could not be DROS'd as a handgun.

This doesn't make sense to me either. All I want is a G2 Stainless frame like the OP has listed.

The SS G2 in a private-party transaction can be DROS'ed on its own as a frame only pistol. It is roster-exempt due to it being a PPT.

I'd like to know why you believe that. Seeing as how I own an Encore SS pistol:

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/bdsmchs/IMG_4305.jpg

Bought it from a calgunner. I got the factory box with it that stated it was a pistol frame.

CHS
01-15-2009, 4:38 PM
That is what DOJ told me, even the PPT has to have a barrel.

No, it doesn't.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=136207

"Type is "Other." Caliber is per the frame. Barrel length should be skipped and Frame "Yes" should be selected."

Since the frame won't be marked with a caliber, just pick one.

IT IS LEGAL to PPT a handgun frame that has no barrel or other operative parts attached. The FFL simply needs to know how to properly DROS it. Above are the instructions for properly DROS'ing a handgun frame-only.

Fjold
01-15-2009, 5:01 PM
.......... Since the frame won't be marked with a caliber, just pick one .......

Pick ".600 OKH", that will attract some attention! :D

scootergmc
01-15-2009, 5:11 PM
As to the Encore, they specifically said since these were built as rifles only, it could not be DROS'd as a handgun.

I have an Encore pistol. It was DROS'd as a pistol. The box says Encore pistol.

Don't believe what DOJ tells you.

CHS
01-15-2009, 5:19 PM
I have an Encore pistol. It was DROS'd as a pistol. The box says Encore pistol.

Don't believe what DOJ tells you.

On top of yours and mine, I also currently know where there is an Encore pistol for sale in an actual shop :)

james preuss
03-03-2010, 12:05 PM
do you still have?