PDA

View Full Version : is this possible? 30 round mag to 10 round conversion.

kenaucre
01-14-2009, 6:45 PM
does anyone know of a conversion block that will fit into standard 30 round magazines to accept 10 rounds only. I'm referring of course to my ar15 mags.

I have about 20 of them, and I don't see any valid reason to buy anymore. As I just invested in a new rem. .308, a gun safe, and about 800 bucks in reloading equipment (it's amazing how quickly enlisted pay can run out), I don't want to buy a bunch of mags that will be disposed of upon my next pcs.

any thoughts? I'm thinking wood blocks, or something along those lines. Anyone know anything about this?

cheers!

ken

p.s. my People's Republic of Kalifornia AW permit paperwork (you know... 73 sheckels, finger prints, first born child, etc) have been sent to the Kremlin... err... capital. wish me luck!

bohoki
01-14-2009, 7:52 PM
just like with a shotgun plug you could fashion a wood block shaped kind of like a bar of soap to insert into the spring that will stop the follower from going down much further

of course legally it would not be a 10 round magazine under law as it would have to be permanent modification to be sold

i'm not sure about using it on a fixed mag build but if it can only hold 10 it should be fine

USN CHIEF
01-14-2009, 8:34 PM
does anyone know of a conversion block that will fit into standard 30 round magazines to accept 10 rounds only. I'm referring of course to my ar15 mags.

I have about 20 of them, and I don't see any valid reason to buy anymore. As I just invested in a new rem. .308, a gun safe, and about 800 bucks in reloading equipment (it's amazing how quickly enlisted pay can run out), I don't want to buy a bunch of mags that will be disposed of upon my next pcs.

any thoughts? I'm thinking wood blocks, or something along those lines. Anyone know anything about this?

cheers!

ken

p.s. my People's Republic of Kalifornia AW permit paperwork (you know... 73 sheckels, finger prints, first born child, etc) have been sent to the Kremlin... err... capital. wish me luck!

Ken, why do you want to make your mags 10/30? Once you get your MAWP you don't have to worry about the magazine capacity on your AW's, provided that you had them here in CA before 01JAN00.

kenaucre
01-14-2009, 10:39 PM
I was pcs'd here in july of this year, i.e., there is nothing I own that was here pre-2000.