PDA

View Full Version : Certified Welder / welding at the house.

CaliAR
01-13-2009, 11:55 PM
The steel plant layed me off for four months because of the economy........have a MiG welder at home and trying to pay the bills.

Bagger
01-14-2009, 8:37 PM
When im Ready i have a truck that needs some welding done .
will give you a pm.

The steel plant layed me off for four months because of the economy........have a MiG welder at home and trying to pay the bills.

davedog665
01-14-2009, 9:56 PM
sry to hear that caliAR

CaliAR
01-15-2009, 3:18 PM
sry to hear that caliAR

Thanks Dave.......it sucks!

CaliAR
01-15-2009, 3:19 PM
When im Ready i have a truck that needs some welding done .
will give you a pm.

Sure Bagger .......just PM me the details.

Ak47owner
01-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Im a structual steel welder also and the economy is also killing me!!!

Rob454
01-19-2009, 4:28 PM
Can you cut and weld some plate steel and make me a winch bumper?
PM me if you can

mvpatriot
01-19-2009, 4:33 PM
Sorry to hear of your job loss.
You might consider offering your services for welding up parts kits etc for folks like me who have no knowledge of the trade.
I know many of these thin metals react better with a tig but IMO there is a major lack of smiths/builders/welders here in CA. and thats what I would focus on if I had the know how and needed some new employment.
Good luck!

CaliAR
01-20-2009, 7:45 AM
[QUOTE=mvpatriot;1918422]Sorry to hear of your job loss.
You might consider offering your services for welding up parts kits etc for folks like me who have no knowledge of the trade.
I know many of these thin metals react better with a tig but IMO there is a major lack of smiths/builders/welders here in CA. and thats what I would focus on if I had the know how and needed some new employment.
Good luck![/QUOTE

Sounds like a plan, I dont know tig. But if you can Mig it or stick weld it, I can do it.

Jicko
01-20-2009, 8:04 AM
Can you make something like this?

http://moarpics.com/images/p6x1tfsuw7xyb2arcpbs.jpg

http://moarpics.com/images/cqr0g8fxt8cxkmz3ya.jpg

If so, we have to talk.... :D

nick
01-20-2009, 8:29 AM
Is that an AR keychain? :p

CaliAR
01-20-2009, 8:53 AM

The whole assembly, or the D ring?

Fire in the Hole
01-20-2009, 9:14 AM
Wow that's kind of depressing to hear. I just completed a basic gas, brazing, and stick welding class at my local JC last semenster. I'm presently taking advanced arc, and a separate mig/tig class right now. The instructor assures us that welding jobs are in high demand. I'm planing on taking the certification test in the fall. Now I'm reading that I may be unemployed unless I'm willing to follow the work to the Oakland Shipyards, or Alaska, or Wyoming. I'm getting up there in years with arthritis in my back and neck, so I doubt I'll be doing that.

Jicko
01-20-2009, 9:16 AM
The whole thing.

CaliAR
01-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Looks like you would have to punch those out on a press or forge them, I could do any of the welding but dont have access to punch machines.

CaliAR
02-20-2009, 1:32 PM
bump

rulas41
02-22-2009, 3:39 PM

what if some one can mill them out on a drill press or cnc if you can let me know

MadMex
02-22-2009, 4:04 PM
I wish you welder types were in proximity to Sacramento. I have a utility trailer that needs some pimping.

shooterfpga
02-22-2009, 4:44 PM
Wow that's kind of depressing to hear. I just completed a basic gas, brazing, and stick welding class at my local JC last semenster. I'm presently taking advanced arc, and a separate mig/tig class right now. The instructor assures us that welding jobs are in high demand. I'm planing on taking the certification test in the fall. Now I'm reading that I may be unemployed unless I'm willing to follow the work to the Oakland Shipyards, or Alaska, or Wyoming. I'm getting up there in years with arthritis in my back and neck, so I doubt I'll be doing that.

welding jobs are in high demand, thats true. especially for ironworkers, we have about 100k ironworkers accounted for nationwide, and are only expected to grow by maybe 10%. the problem these days is nobody wants to do a hard days work for a full days pay.

canada is paying pretty well, and they will expedite your work visa. texas pretty much has its own economy, so they always have jobs for welders, whether its pipefitters, ironworkers, boilermakers or even offshore welders.

Fire in the Hole
02-22-2009, 6:09 PM
Canada is beautiful. Very clean. But, I'd have to leave my inventory of guns in a Store-All yard, and I don't want to do that. Texas would be okay. But, I'm planing on moving to ID in a couple of years. I checked with my accountant relevant to opening up my own mobile welding repair business. That way, I could write off a lot of supplies. My account told me that it's not worth it, because that's the biggest red flag to the IRS right now. I'd have to really make a profit, and demonstrate an aggressive business platform. Around here, the supply of welding shops exceeds the demand. So....it looks like I've just spent a lot of money and time to learn a new recreational hobby.

Lyte-
02-24-2009, 9:52 PM
I would like the install the bed extender onto my truck but I need these 2 little bolt like things welded onto my truck. (f150) I have not gotten around to gettting it done but its has to be welded from a tight spot behind the taillight.

Sorry If I am not making sense but I just had ACL surgery and I just took some Vicodens:43:

let me know if you understand what I am saying and can help me out as well as cost.

I guess pm me

CaliAR
02-25-2009, 4:53 PM
PMed

xibunkrlilkidsx
02-25-2009, 9:01 PM
Sorry to hear about getting laid off. Im trying to find a job welding and its a ***** and no one wants to pay us what we are worth around here. 9.00 and hour for xray quality alum and stainless work is a joke.
Know anyone that needs a mig/flux or stick welder, i have 0 clue if they work they worked last time my boss used them about 2 years ago. I got some from my boss but i dont have the time/or money to wire 220v outlet into the garage. looking to get a 115v mig/flux
Good luck with a new job hunt.

bigbob76
03-11-2009, 8:23 AM

I not only feel your pain I'm experiencing it myself. I'm a welding inspector, both AWS CWI and ICC Welding and High Strength Bolting. I have very little work and I've been selling my guns so I don't get behind on my taxes.

w55
03-11-2009, 1:37 PM
welding jobs are in high demand, thats true. especially for ironworkers, we have about 100k ironworkers accounted for nationwide, and are only expected to grow by maybe 10%. the problem these days is nobody wants to do a hard days work for a full days pay.

canada is paying pretty well, and they will expedite your work visa. texas pretty much has its own economy, so they always have jobs for welders, whether its pipefitters, ironworkers, boilermakers or even offshore welders.

Schools dropped alot of trades type classes, and the push was for everyone to go to a 4 year school Anyway pipeline welders are in demand, the average age of a certified welder is in the 40 and plus age now, according to Wall St journal.

As to the OP the welding for that is easy, just getting that punched clean would be my problem.

CaliAR
10-12-2009, 2:51 PM
Bump

fabguy
10-13-2009, 7:05 AM
Hey Cali,
PM me if your still looking for work, I might be able to help you out with a job. No promises, but lets talk. I am local to you in San Dimas area. Here's my web addy if you'd like to see what we do. www.henderson6.com
thanks.