PDA

View Full Version : Any blacktail hunters here?

pieeater
10-18-2005, 6:23 PM
I've hunted blacktails since I was 13, didnt get my first one till I was 21.Mostly hunted public land in Lake county.I started purchasing PLM tags about 4 years ago and hunting ranches up in Mendocino. Here is my best that I took this year it scores 147 SCI and is 26 1/2 wide.
http://www.fototime.com/9CCCC7F634BC742/standard.jpg

pieeater
10-18-2005, 6:31 PM
Two more Mendocino bucks.
http://www.fototime.com/DC9AB8B24006214/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/1613FE2B6ADB091/standard.jpg

DULLYJAY
10-19-2005, 8:34 AM
I'm going into B-zone today-Saturday.(Yolla Bolli) Head out mid-day today & do some glassing. Full hunt tommorow morn. Pray with me that Uncle & I are bless with a buck. Any tips :) ? Nice deers you got.

edbon9
10-20-2005, 3:31 PM
whoa nice bucks :) I've tried hunting blacktails up north in the B zones.
somehow, I see them when it's not allowed to shoot 'em and they disappear
when I could shoot 'em :( oh well, beats working anytime :) plus there's always
next year.

pieeater
10-22-2005, 7:52 AM
I'm going into B-zone today-Saturday.(Yolla Bolli) Head out mid-day today & do some glassing. Full hunt tommorow morn. Pray with me that Uncle & I are bless with a buck. Any tips :) ? Nice deers you got.
Good luck and let us know how you did. My only advice is to have fun and enjoy the time spent hunting.

DULLYJAY
10-23-2005, 5:48 PM
Good luck and let us know how you did. My only advice is to have fun and enjoy the time spent hunting.
Had a great time out. Only saw two does. It was very hot for this time of year.Was hopeing the deer would of moved down form the cold. All the other hunters said they didn't see a shooter all week.

We did help a guy out who was haveing car problems.After we helped him out and drove him home, he gave us his number and told us to give him a call to hunt on his land next year:D .

wolfsong
10-23-2005, 7:51 PM
To Pieeater: Yew make me Siiick! Not really, just envious! Nice bucks! Obviously, they grow em' bigger where you hunt, compared to where we hunt. (D-5, D-6, D-7). Where we come from, ANY legal blacktail taken is a trophy! Although a couple of us managed to take a couple of very respectable bucks off Crocker Ridge last year, thanks to the storms. This year has re-defined the reason it's called "hunting". Oh well, one more four day weekend to fill two tags, D-5 & D-7. Then two monthes to fill a bear tag. Beats working, at least. There's always next year! Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

pieeater
10-23-2005, 8:50 PM
To Pieeater: Yew make me Siiick! Not really, just envious! Nice bucks! Obviously, they grow em' bigger where you hunt, compared to where we hunt. (D-5, D-6, D-7). Where we come from, ANY legal blacktail taken is a trophy! Although a couple of us managed to take a couple of very respectable bucks off Crocker Ridge last year, thanks to the storms. This year has re-defined the reason it's called "hunting". Oh well, one more four day weekend to fill two tags, D-5 & D-7. Then two monthes to fill a bear tag. Beats working, at least. There's always next year! Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.Thanks. Your doin better than me. I hunted D-5 for 4 or 5 years when I was younger never took a buck.I hunted public land for 8 years trying to get my first legal buck. Finaly killed a spike/ fork so I'm familiar with CA public land trophys.I've been lucky enough to get some good ranches to hunt lately.

wolfsong
10-27-2005, 1:20 PM
O.K. let's get goin', guys! we've got weather, I got reports that snow is sticking at 8000 ft. this is the last weekend, everybody call in sick and fill them tags! Anyone hunting the Fresno Dome area, look me up! Camped on the left side of main road (Sky Ranch Rd) 3 miles past Fresno dome campgrounds. Look for a 25 ft. trailer and a Remington (of course!) tent. driving a silver s-10 4x4 with silver snug top and a gold Chevy z71. Look us up, the coffee is always on! Good luck, stay warm and be safe. Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.