PDA

View Full Version : Fish and Game

Barbarossa
01-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Any Hunters notice an increased Fish and Game presence the last 2 weeks?

sargenv
01-12-2009, 10:04 AM
increased where?

I noticed while I was hunting.. but then I was hunting on Delevan NWR.. well.. I wasn't really hunting as there was little flying.. mostly I was bird watching but had a shotgun and ammo in case something flew by and I was able to shoot at it..

Gunaria
01-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Any Hunters notice an increased Fish and Game presence the last 2 weeks?

I wouldn't really call it an increase but just them doing their job because there are a lot of stupid hunters out there that have no respect for the F&G codes. Such as numbnuts shooting way to early or past shooting time, killing too many birds or the wrong kind of birds in & out of season.

I try to go hunting 2 or 3 times a week. And this past Saturday was the first time I ran into a Warden all season long.

I will say that all the Wardens I have ever ran into are pretty cool guys that also love to hunt & fish. If you are cool with them and not being a wise arse they will threat you the same. Just with any other LEOs I am sure there are a few bad apples out there. :rant:

zinfull
01-12-2009, 2:53 PM
Well the ocean is pretty bad for fishing/diving so they send the wardens inland. If it is duck season then that is where theygo.

Jerry

Barbarossa
01-12-2009, 4:42 PM
increased where?

I noticed while I was hunting.. but then I was hunting on Delevan NWR.. well.. I wasn't really hunting as there was little flying.. mostly I was bird watching but had a shotgun and ammo in case something flew by and I was able to shoot at it..

I'm just a bit north by Sacramento NWR. Heard a warden caught some guy at Delevan with 9 pintails.

Gunaria
01-12-2009, 7:16 PM
I'm just a bit north by Sacramento NWR. Heard a warden caught some guy at Delevan with 9 pintails.

I guess that's when 8 other huntin buddies would come in handy.

Thefeeder
01-12-2009, 8:42 PM
Not yet this season....not in uniform that is, not even a morning shell check.

infernalaanger
01-13-2009, 2:39 PM
We've had a warden follow us back to our club twice this season, about 5 miles east of Sacramento NWR. Really nice guys both times, checked our guns and birds but that was about it. Got to kind of pick their brains a little as well.

chris
01-13-2009, 5:57 PM
shooting early is the norm at Wister all season long. heck i wait till i can see what i shoot at. but yes the wardens are out. mainly at Kern. too many newbies i'd say. i was checked on Oct 4th and not since then. i have not really duck hunted this year as much as i would like too. the state is broke and they need all the money they can sqeeze out of us.

Barbarossa
01-14-2009, 2:02 PM
We've had a warden follow us back to our club twice this season, about 5 miles east of Sacramento NWR. Really nice guys both times, checked our guns and birds but that was about it. Got to kind of pick their brains a little as well.

Sounds like your on or near road 68.

infernalaanger
01-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Sounds like your on or near road 68.

Yep...on 68...Lambertville.

sargenv
01-15-2009, 3:28 PM

Not surprising.. Sometimes that's all that's flying.. I joked to the guy I was hunting with a few weeks ago.. Ok, we have our one pintail, may as well call it a day..

Barbarossa
01-16-2009, 9:40 AM
I don't know if it is true, but I heard the president of C.W.A. Got a ticket, from a warden. Any one hear a rumor as well?

Gunaria
01-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Can you please educate me on what C.W.A. is? Thanks.

infernalaanger
01-16-2009, 11:17 AM
I don't know if it is true, but I heard the president of C.W.A. Got a ticket, from a warden. Any one hear a rumor as well?

I haven't heard that...but if it's true I wonder what he got cited for...

infernalaanger
01-16-2009, 11:18 AM

California Waterfowl Association

professionalcoyotehunter
01-16-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm glad to see that for once at least they are doing their jobs. I have seen to many people hunting stuff out of season and no game warden out. I call CalTip but see them out the next weekend doing the same stuff so I know they dont do their jobs too much.

infernalaanger
01-16-2009, 2:20 PM
I was out hunting with an ex-employer of mine once and watched some really intelligence guys knock down a tundra swan. Brilliance at its best...best of all they "Thought it was a snow goose."

Fire in the Hole
01-16-2009, 6:34 PM

California Waterfowl Association. It's a state waterfowl hunting organization similiar to the national Ducks Unlimited.

Gunaria
01-16-2009, 10:17 PM
California Waterfowl Association

Thanks, I never heard of this association before. But you would think that the Pres. would know better if it is true.