PDA

View Full Version : Tapco T6 on an NHM91, asthetic opinions please.

stuntdummy
01-10-2009, 10:22 PM
I was messing around today with Photoshop and did a photo of past, present, and possible future configurations for my NHM91.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/i_am_bud/NHM91-evolution-1.gif

What do you guys think about the 3rd one, is the collapsible stock a good look for this rifle or is it over the top? I already have the SAW grip and the Ultimak but I want a shorter stock and was looking at that Tapco T6. I currently have the longer version of the regular style Kvar stock and could go to the shorter one, but I don't know. Sometimes I look at the picture and think it looks cool, other times, not so much. lol I'm not sure what the heck I want.

lehn20
01-16-2009, 6:23 AM
So the NHM91 is CA legal. Good to know.

How is the build quality?

What are they priced at right now?.
My friend has one for sale from VA, with rail system, VFG, Aimpoint and 3X combo for 1K total.
Maybe I should buy it!

cmmgar15
01-16-2009, 10:17 AM
i have a par-1 pump ak with the saw grip and the Tapco T6.i like the tapco stock...and i shoot it quite often.i think the third pic looks the best.and if you use body armor or a tac vest the T6 is perfect.

stuntdummy
01-18-2009, 7:49 PM
So the NHM91 is CA legal. Good to know.

How is the build quality?

My rifle is registered.

It is well built rifle, a bit on the heavy side with it's longer heavier barrel, but it is fun to shoot and pretty smooth.

JeffM
01-18-2009, 8:03 PM
I was messing around today with Photoshop and did a photo of past, present, and possible future configurations for my NHM91.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/i_am_bud/NHM91-evolution-1.gif

What do you guys think about the 3rd one, is the collapsible stock a good look for this rifle or is it over the top? I already have the SAW grip and the Ultimak but I want a shorter stock and was looking at that Tapco T6. I currently have the longer version of the regular style Kvar stock and could go to the shorter one, but I don't know. Sometimes I look at the picture and think it looks cool, other times, not so much. lol I'm not sure what the heck I want.

When it comes to guns, and function issues especially, whatever floats your boat is fine.

But IMHO, when it comes to looks, I think the tapco stock = :puke:

sytfu_RR
01-19-2009, 12:26 AM
I'd go with either the 1st or 2nd, the 3rd one just doesn't look right.

stuntdummy
01-29-2009, 1:05 PM

I think aesthetically speaking you are right, it looks better with the traditional lines, but I got the Tapco anyway, lol. It does look a bit strange but functionally it is a perfect fit. The sling is now in a better spot for my needs and the stock is just the right length. I'm going ugly for now.

Gio
01-29-2009, 2:43 PM

I agree, feel the same way so just going with his answer ;)

-Gio