View Full Version : Turkey hunting

01-08-2009, 11:47 AM
We have some great turkey hunting here in the state of Nebraska:

my cousin with his credentials for the "40 pounder club", which is two birds totaling 40 pounds in a single day.

My uncle and myself. He's smiling because he made the "40 pounder club", I didn't.

Some other nice birds, can't remember too much about them except only the middle one went over 20...

Myself and the heirs to the Jones family fortune, (should one ever be acquired). Biggest one on the end was the "30 pounder" everyone had been seeing, the scale turned him into a 25 pounder.

We don't wait for any particular big birds, we shoot the first legal ones that present themselves. I think we have a lot of big birds because of light hunting pressure and lots of open spaces that provide the birds with tons of grasshoppers in the summer to get them big, and then a lot of corn to get them fat.

01-08-2009, 9:55 PM
I'm glad you said it before me, cornfeed. Those are some very nice Tom's, thanks for sharing.:thumbsup: Is anybody invited to come hunt with you?;)

01-10-2009, 10:45 AM

Maybe not this Spring (went back to school full time and full time job), since I don't think I'll make it out this Spring for a grand expedition. However, I think it would be good to get some people on the forum out hunting in some different venues.

What would be your preferences, Fall hunt (can shoot any turkey) or Spring hunt? Have you turkey hunted before (doesn't matter, except if you know the ropes or are a "do it yourselfer, I could find a spot of scouted public land for you to come out by yourself or with friends).

01-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Wow, nice birds!