View Full Version : AZ Service Rifle and Long Range Championships

German Salazar
01-07-2009, 6:50 PM
The Arizona Service Rifle State Championship were held January 16 - 18 with a 3x600 (any rifle, service rifle, F-Class) on Friday, the 80 shot championship course on Saturday and a leg match on Sunday. results and photos can be viewed at www.desertsharpshooters.com

The Arizona Long Range Championship will be held February 6 - 8 with a Palma match on Friday, 40 shots Any Rifle, Any Sight and a 4 man team match on Saturday and 40 shots Any Rifle Iron Sights on Sunday. There wll be 1000 yard practice Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday preceding the match and there will be a Palma and a 3x1000 on Jan. 31, Feb 1 (the preceding weekend) so there's more than enough LR shooting there to make anyone happy.

Programs and entry forms for both matches are available at www.desertsharpshooters.com and we appreciate advance entries. If you're uncertain of attendance, please send in your form and then pay on site. If you're too late to mail it, at least fill it in and bring it with you, that's a real time saver for us. The matches are at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoenix, right off I-17 at Exit 223. Hope to see a lot of California shooters there!

German Salazar
ASRPA Highpower Director
german.a.salazar <at> gmail.com

German Salazar
01-20-2009, 5:37 PM
I'd like to thank all the Californians who came out to our Service Rifle State Championship. Complete results and pictures are posted at www.desertsharpshooters.com

For those of you planning to come to the Arizona Long Range State Championship, the program and entry form are at the website. Also, please note that you can shoot Long Range for 8 out of 9 straight days!

Saturday, January 31 - Palma
Sunday, February 1 - 3x1000
Monday, February 2 - see the sights, reload, enjoy Phoenix
Tuesday, February 3 - 1000 yard practice
Wednesday, February 4 - 1000 yard practice
Thursday, February 5 - 1000 yard practice
Friday, February 6 - Palma
Saturday, February 7 - 1000 Yard 40 shot Any/Any and Team Match
Sunday, February 8 - 1000 yard 40 shot Any/Iron and drive home!

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible, come enjoy good weather, good food and good friends in Phoenix!

German Salazar
ASRPA Highpower Director
german.a.salazar <at> gmail.com

01-20-2009, 5:59 PM
I'm trying to interpret the LEG results for Sunday's EIC. Do you have any idea what the cut off was? Just interested to know who got points.

German Salazar
01-20-2009, 6:03 PM
Jeff Calhoon got the last leg (4 legs awarded). Sorry that I forgot to mark the Distinguished shooters and the cutoff on that before posting, it was late! Albanito and Rodriguez are already Distinguished above the cutoff, several others below.

01-20-2009, 6:07 PM
That means Jim Minturn got points in that LEG match. He's one of the California Junior shooters.