PDA

View Full Version : Need info on new laws please

strangerdude
01-06-2009, 9:18 PM
Hey ladies and gents, does anyone have a link or info on the new California gun laws that will go in effect this year? I've seen that prices have gone up because of the political scene but am unaware of what Obama plans to enforce. Basically I want to know the date that I will no longer be able to buy oll's in California. Thanks!

sorensen440
01-06-2009, 9:19 PM
what law?

bulgron
01-06-2009, 9:20 PM
Hey ladies and gents, does anyone have a link or info on the new California gun laws that will go in effect this year? I've seen that prices have gone up because of the political scene but am unaware of what Obama plans to enforce. Basically I want to know the date that I will no longer be able to buy oll's in California. Thanks!

No such law has been passed or has been proposed.

strangerdude
01-06-2009, 9:22 PM
what law?

Don't know, I have been hearing a lot of talk of an aw ban and such, just concerned and want to know, that's all. So I shouldn't be worried about stocking up on my dream guns?

fairfaxjim
01-06-2009, 9:30 PM

Hey YOU! Go stand in the kool-aid line over there!

Repeat after me: "THERE ARE NO NEW LAWS!!!" :banghead:

sorensen440
01-06-2009, 9:31 PM
Don't know, I have been hearing a lot of talk of an aw ban and such, just concerned and want to know, that's all. So I shouldn't be worried about stocking up on my dream guns?

Its just talk
its very unlikely that you will not be able to purchase a lower receiver over the next 4 years

strangerdude
01-06-2009, 9:35 PM

Hey you, If you don't have helpful advice DON'T COMMENT IN MY THREAD!

strangerdude
01-06-2009, 9:36 PM
Its just talk
its very unlikely that you will not be able to purchase a lower receiver over the next 4 years

Thanks a lot for the help sorensen440.:thumbsup:

ohsmily
01-06-2009, 9:38 PM

Hey you, If you don't have helpful advice DON'T COMMENT IN MY THREAD!

Dude, you get sand in your sensitive parts pretty easy, don't you. His post was plenty helpful. I bet you now know that there are no new CA guns law to speak of. So, he helped you learn something.

And to Fairfax Jim, repeat after me "IGNORE THE SENSITIVE NEW GUY." :banghead:

strangerdude
01-06-2009, 9:44 PM
I take everything as If a stranger was speaking to me face to face, whatever it's all good. I'm not hear to argue, I'm just hear to get myself informed, thanks for the help everyone!

sorensen440
01-06-2009, 9:46 PM
I take everything as If a stranger was speaking to me face to face, whatever it's all good. I'm not hear to argue, I'm just hear to get myself informed, thanks for the help everyone!

If the new folks didn't ask what seem to us to be silly questions this site would only get half the hits that it does ;)

Welcome to Calguns btw

fairfaxjim
01-06-2009, 9:58 PM
:banghead: Wow! That feels good when I stop!

Thanks for the new motto:
I'm tired of being nice, so now I choose sarcasm.

Librarian
01-06-2009, 10:17 PM

You've had the answer already (with various levels of snark) but I'd like to comment on the question.

Perfectly legitimate to ask what California gun laws take effect in 2009; that will eventually posted at the DOJ site (http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/) as the 2009 Dangerous Weapon Control Laws (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/), with the ability to download a .PDF with strikeout and other type formatting to highlight the changes.

My question is, what does our new President have to do with California law?

oaklander
01-06-2009, 10:43 PM

This is also a good summary of what happened this year in California:

http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml?year=2008

I haven't had time to read all of it - but I don't think there are any major new laws for 2009. This is based in large part upon the good work of the NRA, local member's councils, the Calguns Foundation, and the folks here are CGN, btw.