PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy my own IFAK?

Maddog5150
01-06-2009, 6:22 PM
Its one peice of equipment I think it far more important than my 80s era LBV and would like to have one just in case. You know, in case I stub my toe and need to treat myself for Tension Pneumothorax. I've been to the Tactical Medics site but they dont have any of the IFAK pouches like I was trained with. Just need it to be ACU, molle mounted, and quickly detatchable either the whole pouch or a teathered interior pouch. Im sure Doc smiley or MrLogan will chime in shortly :)
Thanks in advance
Gonzo

jayfarley3
01-06-2009, 6:31 PM
i just searched Ebay and there is a bunch for sale in the ACU pattern.

Maddog5150
01-06-2009, 6:39 PM
Cool. Thanks :) I havent tried ebay for that. Everytime I look for something, airsoft junk pops up. On another note. Does anyone know where I can get IV kits? Not that I would ever really need one other than to use irresponsibly while drunk. (hey, least Im honest)

goathead
01-06-2009, 7:02 PM
deploy you get one for free

WOLFPACK117
01-06-2009, 7:11 PM
Ask your unit medic.

Maddog5150
01-06-2009, 7:27 PM

Believe me. If my CO would let me, I would of joined my unit there by now instead of being stuck in rear d.

chris
01-06-2009, 7:34 PM

must be nice to get one. i was deployed and the company missed us guys on the FOBs. i had make one. it's not hard to do.

goathead
01-07-2009, 5:21 AM
Believe me. If my CO would let me, I would of joined my unit there by now instead of being stuck in rear d.

what unit are you in

stevie
01-07-2009, 5:26 AM
Supply Captain has a couple different sizes

http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.cfm?currentpage=2&fuseaction=category.display&category_id=74

Tactical Response store carries SOE tear off IFAK, not sure of color

Wolfpack331
01-07-2009, 3:20 PM
IFAK = CAT & Isreali bandage etc. Mounts to IBA
CLS = CAT, Isreali, IV's, catheters for tension pnemothorax etc.
Large/Patrol Backpack.

Units tend to stuff the IFAK with a bunch of BS(Sunscreen, bandaids, chapstick). Makes it ungainly large. Stick to the basics/most req'd(CATS/Isreali Pressure Dressing) Especially if your in the business.
Keep it accessible. Not on your back!! Does you no good mounted back there.
Ask or extra CATs from the medic or med supply. If your CLS they will always hook you up with extra CATs/Bandages/IVs etc.

docsmileyface
01-08-2009, 2:26 AM
Standard packing list for our IFAKs is as follows:

-CAT II tourniquet with the packaging removed
-Israeli Trauma Dressing with the outer packaging removed and the inner packaging dummy tabbed for quick opening
-H&H Gauze
-2" tape
-gloves
-14ga 3 1/2" catheter
-Hemcon Chitosan dressing

North American Rescue Products makes some really cool stuff to put in there as well, they make a neat IV start kit that has everything you need to get a saline lock in place that fits well in the extra loops that come in the IFAK. An asherman chest seal also fits in the IFAK pretty well and is a good addition.

kermit
01-10-2009, 3:53 PM
Is this what you need?
http://www.armyproperty.com/Resources/NSN-Listings/IFAK.htm

Maddog5150
01-10-2009, 6:44 PM
Is this what you need?

FREAKING SHWEET! I saw print outs for ifaks for sale on my SDS desk when I was hanging some plaques in his office. Got yelled at by one of the DS for being "nosey" when I tried looking at it. It was from that site and I couldnt remember for the life of me. My SDS wouldnt of cared if I took a copy :rolleyes:
Anyways I got mine today from ebay. it was supposedly used buy man it looked like it was brand new out of the box and everything but the tape was sealed up :)

sigsauer887
01-10-2009, 9:06 PM
Is this what you need?

What the hell? LE or MIL only? Thats BS.

Maddog5150
01-13-2009, 4:36 PM
What the hell? LE or MIL only? Thats BS.

Yeah that does suck but I got one practically brand new from ebay for half the price.