PDA

View Full Version : Proposed LA City ammo codes pdf

RRangel
01-06-2009, 4:01 PM
This is for all those concerned in Los Angeles. This is the link to the pdf of the proposed new ammunition laws in Los Angeles. It looks like the talk of internet sales is mostly FUD, well at least for buyers, as vendors will be even more regulated than in the past.

This was posted toward the end of December:

http://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2008/08-1403_ord_180447.pdf

PonchoTA
01-06-2009, 4:25 PM
Buncha **** IDIOTS!!!!!!!

They still haven't figured out that they need to punish the CRIMINALS!

Not law-abiding citizens, who are the only folks that will be affected by such as STUPID law. Those CRIMINALS, who are already breaking the law won't abide yet another idiotic law such as this.

:mad:

:mad:

and why do we continue to have them in office?? :confused:

grammaton76
01-06-2009, 5:00 PM
Lovely. Let me know when there's a final version (they can change the wording?)

Looks, based on the PDF, as if it's already passed and enacted.

CCWFacts
01-06-2009, 5:06 PM
Because, the city of LA is so remote and isolated from all other populated areas that there's no way anyone would, say, open a PO box in one of the other ~50 cities adjacent to it.

RRangel
01-06-2009, 5:16 PM

Of course I could be wrong on changes, although from the wording at the LA city clerk website, and the date of said pdf it appeared that the new laws were still being drafted up, but yes the date looks like December 17 for finality.

Scott0san
01-06-2009, 6:09 PM
I would like to see all manufactures of ammunition boycott LA!
similar to Barrett announcing it would no longer sell to or service any of its rifles in the possession of any California government agency

nick
01-06-2009, 6:43 PM
similar to Barrett announcing it would no longer sell to or service any of its rifles in the possession of any California government agency

Then they'll start raiding civilians to get the ammo. Won't that be fun. At least, it'd expose them for what they are, if nothing else.

Wouldn't be the first time, check out the federal laws on hoarding gold during the Great Depression. Same thing, just replace gold with ammo, and the logic would be the same - "we wants it".

Librarian
01-06-2009, 7:59 PM
Looks essentially the same as Sacramento's law; it seems to extend existing 55.11 (from 1998) to include sellers of ammunition who do NOT also sell firearms,WHEREAS, ammunition dealers (who are not also firearm dealers) are not
regulated, while firearm dealers are regulated and must keep a log of ammunition purchases and obtain a thumbprint from anyone buying ammunition, although pursuant to state law, anyone, except a convicted felon, can sell ammunition from any location;

Chaingun
01-07-2009, 7:55 AM
Because, the city of LA is so remote and isolated from all other populated areas that there's no way anyone would, say, open a PO box in one of the other ~50 cities adjacent to it.

Or mail to a location outside of LA. Of course there's that extra driving time do to LA's remoteness

yellowfin
01-07-2009, 9:40 AM
similar to Barrett announcing it would no longer sell to or service any of its rifles in the possession of any California government agencyMake sure they just boycott LASD and LAPD, not the citizenry.

Midian
01-07-2009, 10:05 AM
It's just astounding how unfriendly this state is to not only our 2nd Amendment rights, but privacy as well. A thumbprint to buy ammo? Good God. Stock up at the gun shows and from internet vendors when you have the ca$h.

Pelosi The Talking Facelift and that gang in DC will eventually tax ammunition so hard that it's going to be an ungodly burden to obtain.

Good times!

Sunwolf
01-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Hidden compartments in cars?

xxdabroxx
01-07-2009, 11:13 AM
To require a thumb print to purchase ammo? Is this really necessary? I hate this states inhabitants with such a passion.

I'm sure their argument is, "well if you have nothing to hide, it shouldn't matter."

gazzavc
01-07-2009, 2:34 PM
Just make sure you smear your right thumb with crazy glue before you go into buy ammo. Once it hardens it fills in the whorls and voids on your thumb thereby distorting your thumbprint.

Just make sure its not wet when you press it into the book, or it'll tear the book out with your thumb........And then they'll get rather cross with you.

RRangel
01-08-2009, 8:25 PM
I'm still looking over details of the part about "possession" and "sales" of 50BMG. I hate how they leave out details during the drive by media soundbites, which become the perfect recipe for creation of FUD.

RRangel
01-08-2009, 11:03 PM
The LA City clerk website is under construction.

45user
05-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Does this affect the private party ammo sales in city of LA?

lioneaglegriffin
05-04-2009, 1:42 PM

i pick up my ammo at a UPS store. :p

DDT
05-04-2009, 2:03 PM
Pelosi The Talking Facelift and that gang in DC will eventually tax ammunition so hard that it's going to be an ungodly burden to obtain.

I believe this would be an unconstitutional infringement. A special tax on a protected right decidedly doesn't pass the smell test. Can you imagine a special tax on churches, or an additional tax on newspapers? Ammunition, being integral to the "bearing" of firearms will most certainly enjoy the same constitutional protections as firearms.

laguns
05-04-2009, 2:40 PM

If you are saying all ammo manufacturers should boycott city of LA employees like the LAPD than I agree. Doing so would send a message loud and clear to the LAPD rank and file.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=172349

lioneaglegriffin
05-04-2009, 4:16 PM
Just make sure you smear your right thumb with crazy glue before you go into buy ammo. Once it hardens it fills in the whorls and voids on your thumb thereby distorting your thumbprint.

Just make sure its not wet when you press it into the book, or it'll tear the book out with your thumb........And then they'll get rather cross with you.

i can imagine they would. :D

HowardW56
05-04-2009, 4:27 PM

It was adopted 4/29/2009

The final copy is available here...

http://cityclerk.lacity.org/lacityclerkconnect/index.cfm?fa=vcfi.dsp_CFMS_Report&rptid=99&cfnumber=08-1403

And of course this was JACK WEISS.... What an *******!!

glockman19
05-04-2009, 5:03 PM
Legally I can still buy from midwayusa.com and they can legally ship to me. The laws of the city of los angeles do not reach beyond city limits. The arrogance of these people, the city attorney included. I hope that before Jerry Brown becomes gov. Again he releases opinions that support the law as put forth in Heller & Nordyke. Then I hope Nutch becomes city attorney and advises that these Ordinances are unconstitutional.

Gator Monroe
05-04-2009, 5:06 PM
Legally I can still buy from midwayusa.com and they can legally ship to me. The laws of the city of los angeles do not reach beyond city limits. The arrogance of these people, the city attorney included. I hope that before Jerry Brown becomes gov. Again he releases opinions that support the law as put forth in Heller & Nordyke. Then I hope Nutch becomes city attorney and advises that these Ordinances are unconstitutional.

wE COULD EASILY have a GOP Gov next (Even if he is another RINO) so forget moonbeam & any other Pro Gay CANDIDATES ...

lioneaglegriffin
05-04-2009, 5:21 PM
wE COULD EASILY have a GOP Gov next (Even if he is another RINO) so forget moonbeam & any other Pro Gay CANDIDATES ...

can i have some of what your smokin? :p

Gator Monroe
05-05-2009, 7:31 AM
can i have some of what your smokin? :p

You must be a Democrat to say such a thing ...:sleeping:

lioneaglegriffin
05-05-2009, 11:24 AM
You must be a Democrat to say such a thing ...:sleeping:

a realist, and im registered Democrat. it is my duty as a Democrat to prevent Gavin and Antionio from become the Dem Candidate. a Brown v Poizner election whould be good for me.

p.s im not the most loyal democrat i went to a sarah palin rally. she was great. (until she called Barry a Terrorist)

Aldemar
05-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Let's not forget another real intelligent law that the City of Los Angeles already has on the books: No Ammunition can be sold in the City Limits for the 10 days prior to 4th of July and New Years.

It's supposed to prevent the gangbangers from firing into the air (I wish they would fire at each other instead;)). Guess that they have already figuered out either to buy early or go to Burbank, Simi, Culver City, etc. It gets pretty loud in my area.

Al

RRangel
05-05-2009, 3:29 PM

Unfortunately Midwayusa is one of those businesses that will not ship ammunition to Los Angeles. Yes, the city codes only apply to businesses within the city.

glockman19
05-05-2009, 4:21 PM
Unfortunately Midwayusa is one of those businesses that will not ship ammunition to Los Angeles. Yes, the city codes only apply to businesses within the city.

I have no problems recieving their orderd here in the san fernendo valley. It's only zip codes that start with 900 and are in "los angeles" not unincorporated cities like Sherman Oaks, Chatsworth, Woodland Hills or North Hollywood.