PDA

View Full Version : What's with the Anti OLL people?

GMONEY
01-06-2009, 2:38 PM
I know some people that are all for CCW and pro 2A, but have an issue with OLL's. Any infringement on our rights is just that? What do they think that the anti 2A's will stop when they try and take our OLL's. I don't think they will be happy until we end up like England and start seeing a rise in knife violence...

pwall
01-06-2009, 2:42 PM
EBR's are scary...

domokun
01-06-2009, 2:45 PM
If it looks like a "Machine Gun" then it must be one! :TFH:

sorensen440
01-06-2009, 2:49 PM
Jealousy ?

odysseus
01-06-2009, 2:49 PM
"Only the military or police have use for them." I have heard that from the old wood-and-brass gun types.

So much is based on ignorance. However when it comes from people who, like you say are CCW and "Pro 2A", it is insulting to reason.

Hillbilly Rebel
01-06-2009, 2:52 PM
What other type of firearm do you know of besides the OLL that is legal, yet will get you arrested for being in possession of?

I'm pro-2A and CCW, and do have an issue with OLLs. But let me clarify that by saying that only applies to me. You do what you want to do; I don't care. OLLs are not for me and that's where my issue stops.

I'd own one, if it was guaranteed that I would not be arrested and then lose my rifle to have the charges dropped. That's too big a chance and too much money for me to spend. But I'll fight side by side with anyone for their freedom to own an OLL and not be unjustly prosecuted.

Dr Rockso
01-06-2009, 3:47 PM
Those folks were hilarious when I worked as a RSO at LARGC. I had a couple come up to me and whisper about how the person next to them is shooting an illegal gun, and he knows it's illegal because he heard the shooter say that it's new so it can't be a registered AW. I'd just tell them that it's probably a legally configured OLL, and that either way we RSOs were not law enforcement. Usually they wouldn't listen, citing their friend's sister's boyfriend who was a cop and said that AR-15s are illegal in CA.

BONECUTTER
01-06-2009, 4:14 PM
I know some people that are all for CCW and pro 2A, but have an issue with OLL's. Any infringement on our rights is just that? What do they think that the anti 2A's will stop when they try and take our OLL's. I don't think they will be happy until we end up like England and start seeing a rise in knife violence...

A lot of CCW people in California won't do anything that might effect the CCW permit. Like a bogus OLL charge.

GMONEY
01-06-2009, 4:22 PM
A lot of CCW people in California won't do anything that might effect the CCW permit. Like a bogus OLL charge.

I guess that won't matter that much now since our new Sheriff took most of ours away!