PDA

View Full Version : Huffington is a true limousine liberal

scottj
01-05-2009, 2:29 PM
I bought the NY Times to read on an airplane and was amused to see her daughter was recently in the most prestigious debutante ball in the US:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/31/nyregion/31debs.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=debutante&st=cse

Apparently they've got some money in the family. Really though if she was such a great liberal shouldn't she be giving away all that money to the good causes they want everyone else to support with tax dollars. Oh right, they want to keep their money and use yours to support their causes. How clever!

movie zombie
01-05-2009, 5:53 PM
well, at one time she was a reagan republican and was married to an elected republican: http://www.nndb.com/people/649/000056481/

movie zombie

ps check the website a bit more and you'll see henry kissinger didn't mind attending their wedding....he always did gravitate to $.

dfletcher
01-05-2009, 6:05 PM
Not willing to delve into her psyche all that much, but do I correctly recall she departed the conservative Republican environment shortly after the demise of her marriage, such as it was? Hopefully her daughter's radar is a bit more acute than her own.

trashman
01-05-2009, 6:14 PM
She's a very hard-driving, ambitious, and opportunistic businesswoman. And, I might add, successful.

I've read several things that report that she is very difficult to work for, and she is truly shameless about riding the latest fad, but she does manage to disguise it (and her egotism) on her TV appearances, seeming downright likable and not perma-smirking -- unlike her counterparts - Ann Coulter or Monica Crowley for e.g.

--Neill

rayra
01-05-2009, 10:56 PM
She's a very hard-driving, ambitious, and opportunistic businesswoman. And, I might add, successful.

I've read several things that report that she is very difficult to work for, and she is truly shameless about riding the latest fad, but she does manage to disguise it (and her egotism) on her TV appearances, seeming downright likable and not perma-smirking -- unlike her counterparts - Ann Coulter or Monica Crowley for e.g.

--Neill

Put down the crack pipe son. Huffington is a textbook harridan and it shows on her face all the time. Her natural position of repose is a nasty frown.

randy
01-06-2009, 1:48 AM
trash man it's easy to be successful when your ex is/was paying the bills.

movie zombie
01-06-2009, 8:24 AM
she's Greek and comes from $. attended Cambridge. hung with the Getty's before meeting michael. while michael's $ probably came in handy, she didn't need it. get over it that women are only successful if the ex is paying the bills.

movie zombie

GrayWolf09
01-06-2009, 7:29 PM
Yawn. Who cares? Yawn.