View Full Version : Lesson learned

01-04-2009, 6:27 AM
Eric (4) got a brace of nerf dart guns for Christmas. They are mostly for shooting daddy, but a little for learning some baby steps without ruining the fun, such as not pointing them at daddy unless you intend to shoot daddy (though mostly, he likes to shoot daddy).

Sometimes, they remember more of what you say than you think. Last night he was sitting on the floor by my chair with a dart gun and chattering about something I wasn't paying much attention to, when his voice changed and he said distinctly "keep your booger hook off the bang lever." I looked down, and he was showing me that his finger was out of the trigger guard on the frame. Then he said something like "now I'm going to shoot" as he pointed it at the yard door, so I knew that it was OK that he was putting his finger on the trigger. He was rehearsing in his head, or showing me, or checking that he had it right, or all of the above.

01-04-2009, 2:55 PM
must stat young good job man:D

01-07-2009, 1:59 PM
"keep your booger hook off the bang lever."

OMG...that is the funniest I have heard in a few days....man you had my side splitting.....

Too awesome......and yes how they become just like US, don't they.

Thanks for sharing...:thumbsup:

01-07-2009, 7:22 PM
Good for you training your little man young! I love the "booger hook" bit.:rofl:

01-07-2009, 7:37 PM
Too funny.

Passing on safe firearms is a moral obligation.

01-10-2009, 9:30 AM
Good for you training your little man young! I love the "booger hook" bit.:rofl:

The wife probably wishes I didn't phrase it that way, but I think it's more memorable precisely because it's funny and slightly gross. Memorable is good.

09-07-2009, 5:28 AM
A very funny and charming story.

10-24-2009, 8:14 PM
fellow pasadenian!