PDA

View Full Version : Lake Ramona rules...

pullnshoot25
01-04-2009, 12:43 AM
So I want to go hiking sometime at Lake Ramona and OC but their rules and regs say that possession and discharge of firearms is illegal. Knowing that, does the F&G exemption for fishing/hunting expeditions for concealed carry supersede that regulation? It would supersede it in my mind because they can't see that I am packing so no real "foul" so to speak but still, the curiosity pervades me...

damon1272
01-04-2009, 9:06 AM
FYI,
If you OC up there you will either run across the caretaker or a water district employee. They will call the sheriff on you if you OC. Also you have to go through the Blue Sky Preserve to get to Lake Ramona, and good luck OCing there. In my opinion not the best places to try and push your limits.

fairfaxjim
01-04-2009, 9:20 AM
So I want to go hiking sometime at Lake Ramona and OC but their rules and regs say that possession and discharge of firearms is illegal. Knowing that, does the F&G exemption for fishing/hunting expeditions for concealed carry supersede that regulation? It would supersede it in my mind because they can't see that I am packing so no real "foul" so to speak but still, the curiosity pervades me...

It would seem to me that if they specifically prohibit POSESSION and DISCHARGE of firearms, they do not then allow hunting. IIRC, the F&G exemption is just for while hunting, and would then not apply. For the most part, when agencies prohibit firearms in their rules and regs, they are specifically going after those "rights" that they don't like - UOC being one.

pullnshoot25
01-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Lame. Guess I wont hike there.

Kid Stanislaus
01-04-2009, 8:16 PM
It would seem to me that if they specifically prohibit POSESSION and DISCHARGE of firearms, they do not then allow hunting. IIRC, the F&G exemption is just for while hunting, and would then not apply. For the most part, when agencies prohibit firearms in their rules and regs, they are specifically going after those "rights" that they don't like - UOC being one.

Well hell, aren't you a "squirell hunter"?

fairfaxjim
01-04-2009, 8:29 PM
Well hell, aren't you a "squirell hunter"?

Sometimes the hunter, sometimes the squirrel. However, I don't tend to go hunting where I soon become the hunted. Like I said, if they don't want guns, they usually don't care much for hunting and hunters either.