PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hunting buddy!!

bobbyblank
01-03-2009, 3:06 PM
Hello, my names bobby.

To put it in the most simple terms, I need someone to teach me to hunt lol. Im 24 years old, and live in east/south sacramento. My father hunted for deer years ago, and used to take me when i was 5-6, but was out of the game before i reached the age to go with him. he was never into foul. The camp he used to shoot at is long dead as well. Im safe, very personable, fun to be around, love the outdoors, love to camp, love guns, and im looking for a handout :D.

I have been trying to get into hunting for a while now, but have no one to show me. Ive been watching videos on how to field dress/quarter/clean deer and foul and it just makes me want to get out there more! I have a variaty or rifles on hand, though many of my others were stolen, along with my shotgun. But i have a few rifles that can be used for deer including a model 94AE, and a stevens 325 bolt action. Both are iron sights. The cash for a new shotgun went to my AR, so ill have to start saveing some cash for a new shotgun.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in takeing someone under thier wing during duck, deer, hog, or any other season, please LMK. My girlfriend of 5 years has no intrest in hunting/guns for the most part, but im getting her out to the range to shoot paper with my nylon 66's so thats a start lol. But if you needed a camp cook, she would be more than willing :thumbsup:.

Thanks for reading!

Bobby

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u261/bobbyblank/DSC02998.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u261/bobbyblank/DSC00341.jpg

kato4moto
01-03-2009, 7:09 PM
How far are you willing to travel?

bobbyblank
01-03-2009, 7:38 PM
if we are talking about a weekend trip, between redding-fresno. If a longer trip, pretty much top of CA to bottom lol. Where are you located?

reggie 00
01-03-2009, 8:34 PM
This year should be pretty good.

My Lil brother will be finished in the CHP academy in a few weeks and we'll be on track for a normal hunting year.

We have a decent spot for Pheasant, a couple ideas for deer hunting up in D-3
my brother is a pretty good duck hunter, i am like you just getting into it.

I'm liking upland bird more though.
Our cousin is a pretty decent deer hunter, and i have learned a few things this year. result was the same as last year though, all doe.

Keep in touch and i'll be sure to let you in on our planned trips.
We are thinking of trying out a pheasant club later this month.

sactowncanyonman
01-03-2009, 9:03 PM
Hey I'm in sacramento and looking to get into hunting also, I'm thinkin about going down to fort hunter/liggett in a few months to get started, and I'm picking up a remington 700sps tactical here in a few weeks :D

twistedtahoe
01-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Right on Bobby i was thinking about posting something along these lines as well for somebody/s in So Cal to kinda teach me the ropes. good luck and happy hunting

bobbyblank
01-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. I dont even know how to get setup with tags for certian areas. i know some are drawn random, but dont know what ones. dont really know where to even get started. Get a tag, drive to the area your alowed to hunt, then walk around until you see a buck? lol, sit and rattle, sit and wait, try and stalk? know idea lol. So like i said, anyone willing to take me under thier wing and get a new hunting buddy, PM me. I would love to see how this is done :).

twistedtahoe
01-03-2009, 11:56 PM
i've got a buddy i'm going Havalina hunting with next month in AZ and cant wait. i've never shot anything more than a bird with a pellet gun but i'm pretty sure you aim for the heart and lungs. I just saw this vid and i cant stop laughing at the guys comment.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDjuXJIGfTs

Sky_DiveR
01-04-2009, 1:46 AM
PM sent

jlh95811
01-04-2009, 2:59 AM
Hey I'm in sacramento and looking to get into hunting also, I'm thinkin about going down to fort hunter/liggett in a few months to get started, and I'm picking up a remington 700sps tactical here in a few weeks :D

I wanna hunt too. :(

I have a Tikka T3 lite .308 I need to do some killin with.

Seriously though. I want to learn to hunt deer, duck, and pig but have no idea what to do. It sucks. I've actually been thinking about a guided hunt to start out. I don't mind paying to learn valuable skills.

oldyeller
01-04-2009, 7:51 AM
Do you have a hunting license yet? If not get enrolled in a hunter safety course, that would be a good start. Best of luck, we need more sportsman in this state.:thumbsup:

cc93cruiser
01-04-2009, 4:58 PM
bobby. start here.....:
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/about/hunting/